- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
July 22nd, 2009
Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We've posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also "write in" your own statement):
* Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
* Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
* Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
* Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
* Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
* Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
* Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
* Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?
|Related News Press|
News and information
Visualizing How Radiation Bombardment Boosts Superconductivity: Atomic-level flyovers show how impact sites of high-energy ions pin potentially disruptive vortices to keep high-current superconductivity flowing May 23rd, 2015
Haydale Named Lead Sponsor for Cambridge Graphene Festival May 22nd, 2015
Graphenea celebrates fifth anniversary April 27th, 2015
Graphene chips are close to significant commercialization October 1st, 2014
Simulations predict flat liquid May 21st, 2015
ORNL demonstrates first large-scale graphene fabrication May 14th, 2015
International and U.S. Students and Teachers Headed to Toronto for 34th Annual International Space Development Conference®: Students competed in prestigious NSS-NASA Ames Space Settlement Design Contest May 9th, 2015