- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
July 22nd, 2009
Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We've posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also "write in" your own statement):
* Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
* Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
* Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
* Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
* Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
* Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
* Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
* Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?
|Related News Press|
News and information
Lehigh engineer discovers a high-speed nano-avalanche: New findings published in the Journal of Electrochemical Society about the process involving transformations in glass that occur under intense electrical and thermal conditions could lead the way to more energy-efficient glas August 24th, 2016
Graphene-Enabled Paper Makes for Flexible Display August 1st, 2016
Marrying superconductors, lasers, and Bose-Einstein condensates: Chapman University Institute for Quantum Studies (IQS) member Yutaka Shikano, Ph.D., recently had research published in Scientific Reports June 20th, 2016
Searching for a nanotech self-organizing principle May 1st, 2016
Graphene-based Magnetoresistance Sensor 200 Times as Sensitive as Silicon November 1st, 2015
University of Puerto Rico and NASA back in the news – XEI reports August 23rd, 2016
To Infinity and Beyond with Nanosatellites August 10th, 2016