- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
July 22nd, 2009
Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We've posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also "write in" your own statement):
* Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
* Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
* Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
* Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
* Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
* Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
* Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
* Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?
|Related News Press|
News and information
Marrying superconductors, lasers, and Bose-Einstein condensates: Chapman University Institute for Quantum Studies (IQS) member Yutaka Shikano, Ph.D., recently had research published in Scientific Reports June 20th, 2016
Searching for a nanotech self-organizing principle May 1st, 2016
Graphene-based Magnetoresistance Sensor 200 Times as Sensitive as Silicon November 1st, 2015
Can graphene make the world’s water clean? July 13th, 2015
Novel capping strategy improves stability of perovskite nanocrystals: Study addresses instability issues with organometal-halide perovskites, a promising class of materials for solar cells, LEDs, and other applications June 13th, 2016
Deep Space Industries and SFL selected to provide satellites for HawkEye 360’s Pathfinder mission: The privately-funded space-based global wireless signal monitoring system will be developed by Deep Space Industries and UTIAS Space Flight Laboratory May 26th, 2016