- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
July 22nd, 2009
Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We've posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also "write in" your own statement):
* Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
* Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
* Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
* Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
* Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
* Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
* Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
* Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?
|Related News Press|
News and information
Particle Works creates range of high performance quantum dots February 23rd, 2017
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announces Availability of 45nm RF SOI to Advance 5G Mobile Communications: Optimized RF features deliver high-performance solutions for mmWave beam forming applications in 5G smartphones and base stations February 22nd, 2017
Novel Electrode Structure Provides New Promise for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries December 3rd, 2016
Peter Diamandis Thinks Nanotech Will Interface With Human Minds September 1st, 2016
Graphene-Enabled Paper Makes for Flexible Display August 1st, 2016
Marrying superconductors, lasers, and Bose-Einstein condensates: Chapman University Institute for Quantum Studies (IQS) member Yutaka Shikano, Ph.D., recently had research published in Scientific Reports June 20th, 2016
Tiny nanoclusters could solve big problems for lithium-ion batteries February 21st, 2017
Breakthrough with a chain of gold atoms: In the field of nanoscience, an international team of physicists with participants from Konstanz has achieved a breakthrough in understanding heat transport February 20th, 2017
Particles from outer space are wreaking low-grade havoc on personal electronics February 19th, 2017
New method improves accuracy of imaging systems February 8th, 2017
National Space Society's Space Settlement Summit Draws Industry Leaders February 4th, 2017