- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
July 22nd, 2009
Give us your best guess about the state of the world in the year 2099.
We've posted a new IEET poll, asking our readers to look ahead nine decades and try to make an informed guess about what the world will look like at the end of this century.
Here are the options from which you can choose (multiple answers are accepted, and you can also "write in" your own statement):
* Utopia! A post-scarcity society basking in freedom and prosperity.
* Posthumans will dominate, with unenhanced humans a tiny minority.
* Considerable off-Earth expansion, enabled by nanotech and biotech.
* Ups and downs along the way, but overall about the same.
* Much worse than today due to climate chaos and environmental collapse.
* Near or total destruction of civilization from all-out warfare.
* Humanity enslaved by a totalitarian global government.
* Superintelligent AI will usher in a Singularity and all bets are off.
So, what do you think we can expect?
|Related News Press|
News and information
Stanford technology makes metal wires on solar cells nearly invisible to light November 27th, 2015
Dimensionality transition in a newly created material November 27th, 2015
Nanoparticles simplify DNA identification and quantification November 27th, 2015
A new form of real gold, almost as light as air November 27th, 2015
Graphene-based Magnetoresistance Sensor 200 Times as Sensitive as Silicon November 1st, 2015
Can graphene make the world’s water clean? July 13th, 2015
Graphenea celebrates fifth anniversary April 27th, 2015
Graphene chips are close to significant commercialization October 1st, 2014
New 'self-healing' gel makes electronics more flexible November 25th, 2015
Pioneering research boosts graphene revolution November 17th, 2015
Increasing Impact Resistance of Polypropylene by Nanoparticles November 20th, 2015
Production of Special Coating to Increase Efficiency of Solar Cells in Iran October 26th, 2015