Alan B. Shalleck
Read Nanotech "Scaling Up" Technologies Progress
April 2013 - A year ago I asked: why Nanotech was not yet the projected world changing technology? I answered: 'there are deficiencies in the scale up technology and business models so far employed.' Interestingly this year we seem to be making progress in that key deficiency â€¦ reliably scaling up nanotech to useful sizes. What do we know now that we didn't understand 14 years ago when the first NNI was passed or even last year?
Read the Whole Article
Nanotechnology basics, news, and general information
Welcome to the world's most in-depth, online resource for the global economy's fastest growing information and investment sector.
We offer consulting, technology monitoring, and in-depth analysis, as well as up-to-the-minute news briefs and breaking developments in the nanosciences. The world's leading nanotech experts routinely contribute to Nanotechnology Now, which has become the daily 'must read' site for stakeholders: inventors, investors, policy makers and opinion shapers.
We are your resource for:
- Reporting on disruptive technologies (such as Artificial Intelligence, NEMS, MEMS, Nanoscale Materials, Molecular Manufacturing, Quantum Computing, Nanomedicine, Nanoelectronics, Nanotubes, Self Assembly, and Molecular Biology)
- New developments in nanotech inventions, patents, and patent applications
- White papers, interviews with industry leaders, and in-depth analysis
- Full-service consulting
- Investment opportunities in nanotech
- Opportunities for venture capitalists
- Late breaking news and industry updates
Nanotechnology Investors: Click here
for important information that could change the way you invest.
From Discovering the next big thing in Cleaning!
Eco spray antimicrobial general cleaning fluids.
A natural product from Nature mated with superhydrophobic functionality.
Advances in nanotechnology and nanoscience are given us new concepts, products, tools and instruments that can help cleaning professionals for the first time manipulate the invisible world of atoms and molecules. These products, when taken from the natural world, are completely safe, edible, environmentally friendly, yet offer the user new ways to deliver value and service, reducing costs, enhancing physical aesthetics, pushing product and food shelf-life, innovating R&D, driving new services and helping lower unit operation cost whilst acting eco-positively and sustainably across the supply chain. Read the Whole Article
Shiva Balivada, Co-Founder , NanoLandGlobal
- QWave Fund Powers Physics and Materials Science-Based Innovation With Initial Round of Venture Capital Investments: New VC Fund Invests Total of $7M in Nano-Meta Technologies, Centice and Clifton (BOSTON, MA AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA)
- mPhase Technologies Receives 2013 Frost & Sullivan Award for Its Path-Breaking Battery Technology: Unparalleled Battery Shelf Life, Reduction in Toxicity, Cost-Effectiveness, and Small Footprint Distinguish the Cell-Array Battery From Competing Technologies (MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA)
- http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=47679 (STONY BROOK AND UPTON, NY)
- A Battery Made of Wood? Wood fibers help nano-scale batteries keep their structure (COLLEGE PARK, MD)
- Beating the Diffraction Limit by 1000X – An introduction to nanoscale IR imaging on Bruker AFMs with applications in graphene (SANTA BARBARA, CA)
- Less is More: Novel Cellulose Structure Requires Fewer Enzymes to Process Biomass to Fuel (LOS ALAMOS, NM)
- Sound waves precisely position nanowires (PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- Scientists Use Nanotechnology to Increase Thermal Stability of Essential Oils (TEHRAN, IRAN)
- Production of Bioactive Material for Quick Treatment of Bone Damages (TEHRAN, IRAN)
- Nanometrics Announces Participation in 5th Annual CEO Investor Summit: Accredited Investor and Publishing Research Analyst Event to be Held Concurrently With SEMICON West and Intersolar 2013 in San Francisco (MILPITAS, CA)
Additional Press Releases
- Can nanotech save dying shrimp farms? (VIETNAM)
- Yes, nanoscience can enhance humans – but ethical guidelines must be agreed: People 'enhanced' into spider-climbing individuals with hugely projected breasts and Einstein-brains… Where will it stop? (LONDON, UK)
- Apple patents point to slimmer battery tech (SUTTON, UK)
- Heinrich Rohrer dies at 79; a father of nanotechnology: With IBM colleague Gerd Binnig, Rohrer invented the scanning tunneling microscope, which can show individual atoms on a surface and move them around (LOS ANGELES, CA)
- Over 20 Exhibitors To Present At International Space Development Conference (WASHINGTON, DC)
- Partnerships in nanotech, stem-cell research pondered (PR CHINA)
- Yet Another Nanomaterial Does a Good Job at Oil Spill Remediation (MADRID, SPAIN)
- 'White graphene' soaks up pollutants and can be re-used (LONDON, UK)
- National Space Society Adds to its Leadership Team (WASHINGTON, DC)
- Netanyahu’s tiny gift to Obama: A marvel of Israeli nanotech: Prime minister to present the US president with a minuscule version of both countries’ declarations of independence (ISRAEL)
Additional News Stories
From NanoKTN: UK Graphene Industrial Consultation Workshops: General Findings
During March this year, the NanoKTN hosted and led two industrial consultation workshops to discuss the commercialisation potential of graphene, a new material which has been the subject of intense academic study. One workshop addressed electrical and electronic (e.g. ‘2-D materials') applications, and the other, structural and bulk applications, a demarcation which highlighted that markets are essentially very different, and the quantities of material and supply chains involved, also very different. Read the Whole Article
Fiona Brewer, NanoKTN