Alan B. Shalleck
Read Nanotech "Scaling Up" Technologies Progress
April 2013 - A year ago I asked: why Nanotech was not yet the projected world changing technology? I answered: 'there are deficiencies in the scale up technology and business models so far employed.' Interestingly this year we seem to be making progress in that key deficiency â€¦ reliably scaling up nanotech to useful sizes. What do we know now that we didn't understand 14 years ago when the first NNI was passed or even last year?
Read the Whole Article
Nanotechnology basics, news, and general information
Welcome to the world's most in-depth, online resource for the global economy's fastest growing information and investment sector.
We offer consulting, technology monitoring, and in-depth analysis, as well as up-to-the-minute news briefs and breaking developments in the nanosciences. The world's leading nanotech experts routinely contribute to Nanotechnology Now, which has become the daily 'must read' site for stakeholders: inventors, investors, policy makers and opinion shapers.
We are your resource for:
- Reporting on disruptive technologies (such as Artificial Intelligence, NEMS, MEMS, Nanoscale Materials, Molecular Manufacturing, Quantum Computing, Nanomedicine, Nanoelectronics, Nanotubes, Self Assembly, and Molecular Biology)
- New developments in nanotech inventions, patents, and patent applications
- White papers, interviews with industry leaders, and in-depth analysis
- Full-service consulting
- Investment opportunities in nanotech
- Opportunities for venture capitalists
- Late breaking news and industry updates
Nanotechnology Investors: Click here
for important information that could change the way you invest.
- Weird science: Crystals melt when they're cooled (ITHACA, NY)
- Innovation could bring flexible solar cells, transistors, displays (WEST LAFAYETTE, IN)
- Precision Positioning Systems go Nano: New Miniaturized Piezo-Motor Driven Nanopositioning Stage by PI (AUBURN, MA)
- Researchers Stitch Defects into the World’s Thinnest Semiconductor (NEW YORK, NY)
- Solid-State Lighting Expert Dr. Bernhard Stapp Named To Board of Pioneering LED Technology Developer Aledia: Former OSRAM General Manager and CTO Has Played Key Role In Industry’s Evolution, Will Aid Aledia’s Move Towards Industrialization (GRENOBLE, FRANCE)
- Whirlpools on the Nanoscale Could Multiply Magnetic Memory: At the Advanced Light Source, Berkeley Lab scientists join an international team to control spin orientation in magnetic nanodisks (BERKELEY, CA)
- Bacterial spare parts filter antibiotic residue from groundwater (DENVER, CO)
- UofL scientists uncover how grapefruits provide a secret weapon in medical drug delivery (LOUISVILLE, KY)
- Atomic-Scale Investigations Solve Key Puzzle of LED Efficiency: MIT and Brookhaven Lab scientists use electron microscopy imaging techniques to settle a solid-state controversy and raise new experimental possibilities (UPTON, NY)
- Single-Cell Transfection Tool Enables Added Control for Biological Studies: McCormick researchers develop method of delivering molecules into targeted cells (EVANSTON, IL)
Additional Press Releases