- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Raymor Industries Inc. (TSX VENTURE: RAR), a leading developer and producer of single-walled carbon nanotubes, nanomaterials and advanced materials, has completed on schedule the move of all of its current business activities and is now in production at its new 77,000 sq. ft. facility in Boisbriand, Quebec, a suburb of Montreal. The existing production units have all been calibrated and commissioned, and have already begun producing for clients at the new facility. Furthermore, the major expansion activities for Raymor's metallic powders and coating divisions will be completed over the course of the current quarter. The move to the new facility was initiated in order to save costs and to facilitate the expansion of its single-walled carbon nanotubes (C-SWNT) and advanced materials production lines. The new facility costs 30% less to operate on a square foot basis as compared to the previous location, and is more strategically located to service Raymor's existing and projected client base.
The existing production units which are now in production at the new facility include the following:
- One high capacity unit for the production of high quality, reasonably priced C-SWNT for composite and other applications in the aerospace, defense, sports and recreation, and energy fields;
- One plasma atomization unit for the production of highly spherical, very flowable and very pure titanium and titanium alloy powders for biomedical and aerospace applications;
- One HVOF (High Velocity Oxy-Fuel) spray unit, used primarily for the coating of carbide-based materials in aerospace, power generation and other industrial applications;
- One APS (Atmospheric Plasma Spraying) spray unit, for the coating of metals and ceramics onto critical components in various sectors, including aerospace and other specialized industries;
- One VPS (Vacuum Plasma Spraying) spray unit for the coating of critical gas turbine components, severe service ball valves, and other equipment requiring very high quality metal and ceramic coatings.
With respect to the company's previously-announced major expansion with new processing equipment, Raymor will complete the installation of the following operations over the course of this quarter:
- A second plasma atomization unit for the production of spherical titanium powders, to meet the expanding demands of the orthopedic implant industry;
- A second HVOF spray unit, specifically designed to meet the requirements of the aircraft landing gear industry;
- A second APS spray unit, targeting aerospace, power generation and other industrial applications;
- A second VPS spray unit, dedicated for the coating of orthopedic implants and other biomedical components;
- A third APS/HVOF spray unit dedicated for the coating of print rollers and other long rotating shafts, bringing the total of all APS/HVOF spray units to five (5).
Commenting on the news, Stephane Robert, President and CEO of Raymor Industries, had the following to say:
"With the completion of installations in our new facility and the purchase of new equipment which considerably increased our production capacity, coupled with new qualified personnel coming on board with the company, we are now in a much better position to capture significant market share in the aerospace, defense, biomedical and industrial sectors in all of our operating divisions. Clients have already begun to visit the new building, and have walked away very impressed with our facility and very enthusiastic about our capability to expand, particularly in our Nanotechnology division. With only certain key qualifications remaining, we have all the elements in place to sign long-term agreements with our customers."
About Raymor Industries Inc.
RAYMOR INDUSTRIES INC. (TSX VENTURE: RAR) has as its mission to become a leading developer of high technology for the production of single-walled carbon nanotubes, nanomaterials and other advanced materials for high value-added applications. Raymor Industries operates two wholly-owned, industrial subsidiaries, Raymor Nanotech and AP&C Advanced Powders and Coatings, specializing in nanotechnology and advanced materials, and comprising four divisions: (1) nanotechnology products, including nano-powders, nano-coatings, and single-walled carbon nanotubes (C-SWNT) for "the applications of tomorrow"; (2) thermal spray coatings, which largely targets military, aeronautical, aerospace, specialized industrial, and mining applications; (3) spherical metallic powders, primarily used for biomedical and aerospace applications; and (4) net-shape forming, a component manufacturing technique used for ballistic protection and other aerospace and military applications. Raymor holds the exclusive rights to more than 20 patents throughout the world, with other patents pending.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephane Robert, President.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON RAYMOR INDUSTRIES, A NANOTECH 100 COMPANY, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.raymor.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE LIST OF NANOTECH 100 COMPILED BY IANANO, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.raymor.com/en/inthenews.htm
VERSION FRANCAISE SERA DISPONIBLE SUR LE SITE WEB DE RAYMOR
For more information, please click here
Raymor Industries Inc.
450-434-1004 (Main Office)
Raymor Industries Inc.
Copyright © Market WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
IU chemists craft molecule that self-assembles into flower-shaped crystalline patterns:'Tricarb' research laid foundation for university's new $1.2 million materials science grant from National Science Foundation December 1st, 2015
Researchers find new phase of carbon, make diamond at room temperature November 30th, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Medical and aerospace electronics powered by Picosun ALD November 26th, 2015
Production of Nanocapsules Containing Omega-3 Powder in Iran November 24th, 2015
Calling All Industries: Get Your Graphene By The Kiloton November 21st, 2015
Researchers create cheaper, high performing LED November 20th, 2015
Omni Nano and Time Warner Cable Partner to Provide Nanotechnology Education to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Los Angeles: A $10,000 Donation to Benefit Youth of Los Angeles County's Boys & Girls Clubs August 4th, 2015
Kalam: versatility personified August 1st, 2015