Home > Press > Oxonica’s Successful Placing on AIM
Shares will commence trading on AIM today
Oxonica’s Successful Placing on AIM
July 20, 2005
Oxonica plc (“Oxonica”), the holding company of one of Europe’s leading nanomaterials groups, announces that following a successful placing, its ordinary shares will commence trading on AIM today.
- Oxonica has raised approximately £7.1 million (net of expenses) through a placing of 8,658,796 new Ordinary Shares at 95.8 pence per share
- In addition, Oxonica shareholders have converted loans of approximately £2.0 million into Ordinary Shares at 95.8 pence per share, which together with the placing strengthens the balance sheet by £9.1 million
- The placing shares will represent approximately 23.5 per cent of the enlarged share capital of Oxonica following admission of its Ordinary Shares to AIM
- On Admission, Oxonica will have a market capitalisation of approximately £35.3 million
- The lead investors in the placing have been Richard Farleigh, Foresight 2 VCT plc, and Stagecoach Group plc
- Oxonica is admitting its ordinary shares to trading on AIM to raise additional capital for Group development. Admission to AIM will also raise its profile internationally with customers and suppliers and assist in the recruitment, retention and incentivisation of employees
- Oxonica focuses on the development of innovative commercial solutions for international markets using its expertise in the design and application of nanomaterials
- The net proceeds will help to develop and market Oxonica’s commercial solutions, including the current products Optisol™ and Envirox™, worldwide, to carry out any additional required product testing, to add to its research capabilities, to invest in the further commercialisation of Oxonica’s UV protection technology and to accelerate the development of its biomarker technology
- The number of Ordinary Shares in issue following Admission will be 36,805,329
- Oxonica will have a RIC code of OXN.L
- Panmure Gordon & Co are nominated adviser and broker to Oxonica
Commenting on the Placing and Admission, Dr Kevin Matthews, Chief Executive of Oxonica said:
“We are delighted both to have had such a positive response to our fundraising and with today's admission to AIM. The listing and strengthened balance sheet will enhance our profile and visibility with global strategic partners as we seek to develop innovative nanotechnology solutions internationally. Oxonica is already well positioned within the nanotechnology market and we are excited about the future prospects of this evolving industry.”
About Oxonica plc:
Oxonica is one of the leading European nanomaterials groups with products already launched into international markets. It was spun-out from Oxford University in 1999 and currently employs 37 professional staff.
Oxonica’s mission is to develop innovative commercial solutions for international markets using its expertise in the design and application of nanomaterials.
The company has three operating divisions: Oxonica Energy, Oxonica Healthcare and Oxonica Materials.
Commercialised products are:
Envirox™ Fuel Borne Catalyst – a fuel borne nanocatalyst for diesel engines which reduces fuel consumption with savings of 5-10% and reduces particulate emissions by up to 15%. The product has already been adopted by Stagecoach Group in the UK and in New Zealand and is distributed by DMX Technology Corporation to petroleum companies in the Philippines for use in a premium diesel.
Optisol™ UV Absorber – a photostable UV absorber that provides enhanced and longer lasting protection against UVA in sun-care and anti-ageing products. Optisol™ also reduces the formation of free radicals produced from exposure to the sun and which are implicated in premature skin ageing. Boots Group plc is the first to incorporate Optisol™ in their new Soltan Facial Sun Defense Cream for 2005.
In addition, Oxonica is working to generate a range of future product applications. These include additional fuel saving additives, marker technology for the clinical and life science diagnostics markets, further UV protection applications, including tailoring the Optisol™ product in the cosmetics markets, and new products for plastics and coatings, transparent conducting films and security markers.
Optisol™ and Envirox™ are trademarks of Oxonica.
For more information, please visit www.oxonica.com
Internal PR Contact:
PR & Marketing Communications Manager
+44 1865 856 728
External PR Contact:
+44 1481 233 080
Copyright © Oxonica plc
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Pixelligent Closes $5.5 Million in Funding: Capital Will Be Used to Support Global Customer Growth December 12th, 2014
Nanometrics Announces Upcoming Investor Events November 19th, 2014
Eight19 secures £1m funding: Investment to develop production technology, and expand commercial activities for organic photovoltaics November 19th, 2014
Arrowhead to Present at Upcoming Conferences November 15th, 2014
Oregon researchers glimpse pathway of sunlight to electricity: Collaboration with Lund University uses modified UO spectroscopy equipment to study 'maze' of connections in photoactive quantum dots December 19th, 2014
Instant-start computers possible with new breakthrough December 19th, 2014
Aculon Hires New Business Development Director December 19th, 2014
Iranian Scientists Use Nanotechnology to Increase Power, Energy of Supercapacitors December 18th, 2014
Harris & Harris Group Reports Financial Statements as of September 30, 2014 November 11th, 2014
Harris & Harris Group to Host Conference Call on Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results on November 12, 2014 November 3rd, 2014
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. Schedules Third Quarter 2014 Earnings Release and Conference Call for November 6, 2014 October 17th, 2014
Nanometrics to Announce Third Quarter Financial Results on October 28, 2014 October 8th, 2014