- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Home > Press > IEEE Photonics Society’s 2013 Avionics, Fiber-Optics & Photonics Conference to Highlight the Latest Developments in Fiber Optic Architectures, Networking & Mobile Platform Development in Avionics, Naval Vessels & Ground Vehicles
The IEEE Photonics Society's 2013 Avionics, Fiber-Optics & Photonics Conference (AVFOP 2013) is an application-oriented conference designed to cover all aspects of severe environment fiber optic component systems and technology for avionics, vetronics (vehicle electronics) and naval vessels. Each year, the AVFOP provides an international forum for engineers, researchers and manufacturers to meet and exchange ideas on the latest developments in reliability, maintainability, producibility, supportability, as well as the future direction of these critical systems for military and commercial applications.
Photonics professionals from industry, government and academia will gather from 1 - 3 October 2013 for the tenth annual AVFOP 2013 Conference at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside Hotel in the Embarcadero harbor district of San Diego, California (USA). A program of more than 60 presentations will cover a comprehensive range of topics, including:
- Integrated & WDM optical components for harsh environments
- Fiber optic transceivers for digital avionics & vetronics systems
- Avionics/vetronics fiber optics & photonics technology synergies
- Fly-by-light & power-by-light components & systems
- Optical components for analog/RF signal transmission & distribution
- Avionics architecture/networking & standardization for aerospace systems
- Modeling & simulation of aerospace fiber optic components, links & systems
- Avionics/aerospace fiber optic component & system reliability
- and a host of other topics presented by experts in avionics, fiber optics and photonics technology.
In addition to the paper sessions, there will be a panel discussion on "Fiber Optics & Photonics Technology Insertion Forum," to be held on 2 October. The discussion will provide unique insight into the processes used by defense agencies, aircraft, rotorcraft & spacecraft manufacturers, subsystem suppliers & system integrators to create and accept new fiber optics and photonics technologies.
"The past ten years has seen significant growth in the deployment of fiber optic and photonics technology in the aerospace industry for both commercial and military platforms," said AVFOP 2013 General Chair, Richard DeSalvo of Harris Corporation, USA. "And these avionics fiber optic system architectures, networking schemes and components have grown more sophisticated. The AVFOP conference has proven to be an indispensable international forum for the academic, industry and government R&D professionals to further these technology developments."
- Joe Campbell, University of Virginia, USA
- Greg Carmen, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Benson Chan, Endicott Interconnect, USA
- Tony Christopher, kSaria, USA
- Tom Clark, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Charles Cox, Photonics Systems, USA
- Kyle Davis, Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), USA
- Shaya Fainman, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Rajindar Kaushik, Sikorsky Aircraft, USA
- Lute Maleki, OE Waves, Inc., USA
- Shayan Mookherjea, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Paul Morton, Morton Photonics, USA
- Anguel Nikolov, APIC Corporation, USA
- Robert Norwood, University of Arizona, USA
- Dalma Novak, Pharad LLC, USA
- Mathias Pez, D-Lightsys, USA
- Richard Pommer, Ultra Communications, USA
- Scott Rodgers, Lockheed Martin, USA
- Alan Willner, University of Southern California, USA
- S.J. Ben Yoo, University of California, Davis, USA
The preliminary conference program and listing of events are online at: /www.avfop-ieee.org/program.
Supplier Exhibits & Sponsorship Opportunities
A supplier exhibition and a wide range of sponsorship opportunities are available for participating companies to promote awareness, discuss the latest new products, interact with customers and develop new sales contacts. Individualized sponsorship opportunities can be tailored to meet any budget by contacting conference planner Megan Figueroa at +1 732 562 3895 or via email at .
About IEEE Photonics Society
The IEEE Photonics Society is one of the world’s leading technical communities in the field of optoelectronics and photonic materials, devices, and systems, with members and activities engaged in research, development, design, manufacture, and applications, as well as with the various other activities necessary for the useful expansion of the field. As part of this dynamic worldwide community, more than 100,000 photonics professionals actively organize, contribute to, and participate in Society technical conferences, journals and other activities covering all aspects of the field. The IEEE Photonics Society has 75+ worldwide chapters and is part of IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional association. The IEEE Photonics Society (IPS) is the current name for the former IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society (LEOS). Learn more at www.photonicssociety.org.
IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional association, is dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice on a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics. Learn more at www.ieee.org.
For more information, please click here
IEEE Photonics Society (formerly LEOS)
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: +1 732 562 3895
Copyright © IEEE Photonics SocietyIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Strength of hair inspires new materials for body armor January 18th, 2017
Self-assembling particles brighten future of LED lighting January 18th, 2017
Nanoscale view of energy storage January 16th, 2017
Going green with nanotechnology December 21st, 2016
Infrared instrumentation leader secures exclusive use of Vantablack coating December 5th, 2016
New records set up with 'Screws of Light' November 20th, 2016
Nanometrics to Present at the 19th Annual Needham Growth Conference December 22nd, 2016
Recreating conditions inside stars with compact lasers: Scientists offer a new path to creating the extreme conditions found in stars, using ultra-short laser pulses irradiating nanowires January 12th, 2017