- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Foundation for the Promotion of Science and Technology under the Patronage of His Majesty the King today recognize and honor 8 Thai scientists with outstanding achievements in scientific research for 2010. The scientists will receive their awards from HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on August 9, 2010, at a Royal Presentation Ceremony to be held at BITEC International Trade and Exhibition Center.
Since its inception in 1982, the Foundation for the Promotion of Science and Technology under the Patronage of His Majesty the King, annually presented Outstanding Scientist Award and Young Scientist Award to recognize Thai researchers with outstanding scientific achievements, and to encourage active younger researchers to perform high quality research work of significant impact to society and economy. The selection for the awardees is based solely on nomination from respected scientists, science administrators in academia and research institutes, executives of private companies operating research and development departments, and previous awardees.
Recipients of the Outstanding Scientist Award will each receive a Certificate of Merit, an Honor Shield and a cash award of Baht 400,000 (USD 12,400). Recipient of the Young Scientist Award will each receive a cash award of Baht 100,000 (USD 3,000) and a certificate.
"It is the Foundation hope that the award presented today will stimulate Thai scientists to produce high quality research work, inspire the will to transfer their knowledge, and to act as good strong role models to the scientific community" said Dr. Kopr Kritayakirana, President of the Foundation for the Promotion of Science and Technology under the Patronage of His Majesty the King.
For 2010, the Foundation will present 2 Outstanding Scientist Award and 6 Young Scientist Award to the following individual:
Outstanding Scientist Award
* Prof. Dr. Prasert Auewarakul, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
* Dr. Visith Thongboonkerd, Head of Medical Proteomics Unit, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
Young Scientist Award
* Dr. Uracha Ruktanonchai, National Nanotechnology Center (NANOTEC)
* Dr. Kruawun Jankaew, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University
* Dr. Chanakan Prom-u-thai, Faculty of Agriculture, Chaing Mai University
* Dr. Banjong Boonchom, KMITL, Chumphon Campus
* Dr. Verawat Champreda, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
* Dr. Sa-Ad Riyajan, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University
For more information, please click here
113 Thailand Science Park
Klong 1, Klong Luang
International Relations Section
02-564-7100 ext: 6617
Copyright © NANOTECIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Thomas Swan and NGI announce unique partnership July 28th, 2016
Meteorite impact on a nano scale August 29th, 2016