- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Kutak Rock LLP has formalized what is believed to be one of the nation`s most comprehensive practice groups dedicated exclusively to alternative and renewable energy matters, including wind, solar, biomass, geothermal, battery technology, biofuels, energy grid and waste to energy.
The new Alternative and Renewable Energy Group serves the "green" energy industry and focuses on clients seeking to expand the technological and commercial possibilities of alternative and renewable energy. "Kutak Rock has been involved in a wide variety of energy transactions for more than three decades," said Joseph O. Kavan, co-chair of the group. "We are committed to
evolving with this fast-moving industry to provide solid, effective, innovative and timely advice to our clients."
The group is comprised of attorneys from Kutak Rock offices across the nation to facilitate comprehensive and cutting-edge services to its clients. Members track government programs affecting clean energy and monitor financial sources, developers, investors, lenders and other entities involved with alternative and renewable energy. Their contacts include decision-making officials at the Department of Energy (DOE), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal agencies.
Corporate and Corporate Finance attorneys in the group include Joseph O. Kavan, John Wiechmann, Seth Kirshenberg, John E. Musselman, Mark Ellis, David Nix, Barry P. Steinberg, Robert C. Roth, Jr., Robert J. Ahrenholz, Peggy A. Richter, Joseph L. Fuller and Kelly G. Reynoldson. Their representative experience includes:
* Serving as lead counsel in energy development and financing transactions involving electric and power utilities, natural gas distribution facilities, pollution control facilities, mass transit projects, and wastewater treatment facilities for private developers, municipal and investor-owned utilities and Native American Tribes and Nations.
* Rendering advice to syndicators, investors, developers and sponsors involved in renewable energy facilities.
* Advising on the use of federal grants, loans and tax credits, renewable energy credits (RECs) and other state incentives and subsidies available to green projects.
* Advocating for clients before Congress, the Administration and federal agencies and assisting local government clients to address alternative energy, technology transfer and nuclear energy issues.
* Helping pioneer prepaid natural gas transactions with tax-exempt bonds, thereby securing a long-term supply at a discounted price.
* Counseling a company developing advanced batteries for uses including electric/hybrid vehicles and developing and manufacturing all-electric vehicles.
* Representing institutional lenders and investment banks in credit enhancements for tax-exempt bonds, and in bridge financings for alternative energy projects.
* Advising clients with National Environmental Policy Act issues related to federal funding.
* Counseling clients on intellectual property issues for cutting edge technologies.
Litigators in the group include Bartholomew L. McLeay, Jeremy T. Fitzpatrick and Richard A. Olmstead. Their representative experience includes:
* Serving as lead counsel for an energy finance company in a trial resulting in $3.2 million in damages on a business-related conspiracy claim.
* Representing energy-related entities in arbitration and litigation matters including construction cases involving power plants and project finance litigation and entities in finance-related litigation involving ethanol plants and natural gas power facilities and/or pipelines.
* Representing clients in litigation and pre-litigation disputes including title disputes over injected storage gas, contractual disputes and condemnation-related disputes.
Public Finance and Taxattorneys in the group include Katherine A. Carey and Rene M. Adema. Their representative experience includes:
* The structuring of tax credit transactions, which include complementary renewable energy tax credits that provide enhanced incentives for the implementation of new market tax credit transactions.
* Reviewing and structuring public financings, including major infrastructure; water utility issues; major municipal facilities; waste water facilities; combination new market tax credit and tax-exempt bond financings; tax credit bonds; and Build America Bonds.
* Assisting clients in matters related to arbitrage.
About Kutak Rock
Kutak Rock LLP`s approximately 400 lawyers conduct a diversified practice in
corporate law and corporate finance, public finance, litigation, real estate,
health care, securitization, banking, bankruptcy, insurance, technology law,
antitrust, environmental, employment and employee benefits law from offices in
Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Des Moines, Fayetteville, Irvine, Kansas City, Little
Rock, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Philadelphia, Richmond, Scottsdale,
Washington, D.C. and Wichita.
For more information, please click here
Kutak Rock LLP
Joe Kavan, 402-346-6000
Copyright © Business WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Explaining how 2-D materials break at the atomic level January 20th, 2017
Investigating the impact of natural and manmade nanomaterials on living things: Center for Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology develops tools to assess current and future risk January 9th, 2017
PCATDES Starts Field Testing of Photocatalytic Reactors in South East Asia December 28th, 2016
Nanoscale 'conversations' create complex, multi-layered structures: New technique leverages controlled interactions across surfaces to create self-assembled materials with unprecedented complexity December 22nd, 2016
Battery Technology/Capacitors/Generators/Piezoelectrics/Thermoelectrics/Energy storage
Nanoscale view of energy storage January 16th, 2017
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Expands Partner Program to Speed Time-to-Market of FDX™ Solutions: Increased support affirms FDXcelerator™ Program’s vital role in promoting broader deployment of GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ FDX™ portfolio December 15th, 2016
Infrared instrumentation leader secures exclusive use of Vantablack coating December 5th, 2016
Going green with nanotechnology December 21st, 2016