- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
A lineup of recognized technical and manufacturing experts from SEMATECH and International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative (ISMI) will offer a series of lectures and workshop sessions from July 14-16, 2009 at SEMICON West in San Francisco.
"More than ever, this year's SEMICON West will be an important forum for our industry to come together to find the best ways to address complex technology challenges and to stay productive and profitable in a challenging business climate," said Dr. Michael Polcari, SEMATECH's President and CEO. "We look forward to meeting with industry colleagues and sharing data, strategies, and best practices."
The lineup features five expert speakers representing SEMATECH and its subsidiary ISMI, who will appear on the Device Scaling TechXPOT Stage in the North Hall of Moscone Center. Presented by the industry's most trusted sources in semiconductor R&D, topics will include CMOS scaling, 3D interconnects, extreme ultraviolet lithography, and ESH challenges.
The following speakers are scheduled:
· Raj Jammy, SEMATECH's vice president of Emerging Technologies, "Materials and Device Challenges for 22 nm and Beyond Technologies, and Manufacturing Considerations," July 14 at 10:30 a.m.
· Paul Kirsch, SEMATECH's director of Front End Processes, "High-k Dielectric Materials and Electrode Challenges for Advanced Logic and Memory Technologies at 22 nm and Beyond," July 14 at 3:00 p.m.
· Sitaram Arkalgud, SEMATECH's director of 3D Interconnect, "Challenges in 3D TSV Technology," July 14 at 3:20 p.m.
· Tom Huang, ISMI's ESH project manager, "Energy Reduction Challenges for Semiconductor Fabs and ISMI's Technology Center Approach," July 15 at 12:10 p.m.
· Bryan Rice, SEMATECH's director of Lithography, "EUV Readiness: An Infrastructure-Based Perspective," July 15 at 4:10 p.m.
Additionally, SEMATECH and ISMI will host three public workshops during SEMICON West:
· Equipment suppliers will share their plans on how new and existing wafer metrology technologies can be used, modified, or enhanced to measure and improve 3D interconnect processes at SEMATECH's 3D Metrology Workshop on July 16 at 1:00 p.m. in the Yerba Buena Salons (12 and 13), at the Marriott.
· Co-organized with SEMI, ISMI's e-Manufacturing Workshop and EDA User Group will focus on the Equipment Data Acquisition interface (Interface A). e-Manufacturing enabling implementation strategies on the Interface A requirements will be presented to an audience of chip-makers, equipment companies and software suppliers on July 16 at 1:00 p.m. in the Golden Gate (A2) Conference Room, at the Marriott.
· The Energy Conservation Enabler Initiative Workshop, led by SEMI and ISMI, is the first in a series of global meetings on energy conservation. Participants will hear formal presentations and engage in working group sessions to identify and agree on the primary challenges in improving energy use in equipment and facilities on July 14 at 1:30 p.m. at the Marriott
Some of SEMATECH's and ISMI's most prominent technologists in the nanoelectronics industry will be attending SEMICON West. Interviews with executives and technical experts are available upon request. To arrange for meeting attendance or interviews, please contact or .
For over 20 years, SEMATECH® (www.sematech.org) has set global direction, enabled flexible collaboration, and bridged strategic R&D to manufacturing. Today, we continue accelerating the next technology revolution with our nanoelectronics and emerging technology partners.
For more information, please click here
Copyright © SEMATECHIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
NUS researchers achieve major breakthrough in flexible electronics: New classes of printable electrically conducting polymer materials make better electrodes for plastic electronics and advanced semiconductor devices January 14th, 2017
Nanometrics to Present at the 19th Annual Needham Growth Conference December 22nd, 2016