- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
TechConnect World, in association with the Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI), and the Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Organization (CTSI), today announced the Keynote speakers and other industry thought-leaders presenting at the Clean Technology '09, Nanotech '09 and TechConnect Summit events, taking place as part of TechConnect World, May 3-7 in Houston, Texas.
The Clean Technology '09 Conference features almost 1,000 presentations covering: sustainable industries; traditional energy; renewable energy; grid & storage issues; and energy & the environment. The Nanotech '09 Conference, which is the largest and longest-running nanotech event in the world, features well over 1,500 presentations, covering topics such as: fabrication; advanced materials; electronics & microsystems; cancer research; drug delivery; and nano medicine.
The Keynote presenters, who will address the combined audiences of the Clean Technology, Nanotech, and TechConnect Summit events, include:
1. Bayer Material Science's Chief Administrative Officer: Robert J. Kumpf
2. Continental Airlines' Chairman and CEO: Larry Kellner
3. The Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Director: Dan Arvizu
4. Exelon Power's President: Mark A. Schiavoni
5. Hayes & Boone Partner, and former COO for the DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy: Paul Dickerson
6. Lockheed Martin Corporation's CTO: Ray O. Johnson
7. Simmons & Company International's Chairman: Matt Simmons
8. And renowned author, former CIA director, and current Partner at VantagePoint Venture Partners: James Woolsey
The TechConnect Summit ties the Nanotech and Clean Technology conferences together, by providing a forum where executives from large corporations can discuss their technological challenges with the academic & research communities in attendance, in order to cultivate partnerships, and accelerate the process of commercializing products. Featured presenters in the TechConnect Summit include:
1. Applied Materials' Chris Moran
2. BASF's Future Business GM: Mark Mielke
3. Beyond Petroleum's Venturing Team Alternative Energy Division's: Issam Dairanieh
4. Dow Chemical's Senior Research Scientist: Stephen Hahn
5. Eastman Kodak Company's Director of External Alliances: Brian Johnston
6. GlaxoSmithKline's: Terence Porter
7. Honda Motor Corporation's Principal of Strategic Venturing: Nick Sugimoto
8. Medtronic's Director of Technology Planning: Sarah Audet
9. Merck Research Laboratories' Director of Licensing & External Research: Yael Weiss
10. Samsung Venture's Managing Director: Bill Byun
11. And Sanyo's Shinichi Tanimoto
Prominent speakers featured in the Clean Technology '09 and Nanotech '09 conferences include:
1. MD Anderson Cancer Center's President: John Mendelsohn
2. National Cancer Institute, NIH, Piotr Grodzinski
3. BASF's Bernd Sachweh
4. Cisco Systems' Vivian Clark
5. The Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Organization's CEO: Patricia Glaza
6. General Electric's Loucas Tsakalakos
7. Halliburton's Research Manager: Lewis R. Norman
8. Hewlett-Packard Company's Sustainability Executive: John Frey
9. Houston Advanced Research Center's Senior Research Scientist: Richard C. Haut
10. NASA Ames Research Center's Director of the Center for Nanotechnology: Meyya Meyyappan
11. The Nuclear Energy Institute's Director of Policy Development: Paul H. Genoa
12. Rice University's Executive Director of the Energy & Environmental Systems Institute: Emil Pena
13. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's: Trina Martynowicz
14. Texas Instruments' Senior Fellow in Silicon Technology Development: Bob Doering
15. Unilever's Krassimir P. Velikov
16. Xerox's Nanotechnology project leader: Kock-Yee Law
"The thousands of presentations we've scheduled feature prominent executives at some of the largest companies in the world, who are each playing an active role in some of the most innovative projects across the clean, bio and nano tech industries," said Dr. Matthew Laudon, founder of TechConnect World. "By offering unrivaled content - both in terms of quality & quantity - TechConnect World helps anyone learn more about the technologies that can help them today, while providing a glimpse of what's possible for tomorrow."
For information on the 2,700-plus presentations scheduled for the Nanotech '09, Clean Technology '09, and TechConnect Summit events, please visit: www.techconnect.org/World2009/news/item.html?id=4181.
Members of the media interested in attending any of these sessions can obtain press passes by contacting Todd
The Clean Technology & Sustainable Industries Organization (CTSI), a 501c6 non-profit industry association, represents the organizations developing, commercializing, and implementing clean technologies. Clean technologies offer much needed solutions to growing resource security and sustainability concerns, and are critical to maintaining economic competitiveness. CTSI brings together global leaders for advocacy, community development, networking, and information sharing to drive these needed technologies to market more rapidly. Visit www.ct-si.org for more information
About Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI)
The Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI; www.nsti.org) advances and integrates nano and other advanced technologies through education, conventions, business publishing, and research services. NSTI produces the annual Nanotechnology conference and trade show, which attracts more than 5,000 industrial, academic, business and governmental attendees from around the world. It is the largest gathering of the nanotechnology industry in the U.S. NSTI was founded in 1997 as a result of the merger between various scientific societies, and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices in California and Switzerland.
For more information, please click here
617-262-1968, ext. 101
Copyright © PR Newswire Association LLC.If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Nanometrics to Present at the 19th Annual Needham Growth Conference December 22nd, 2016