- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Technology experts from SEMATECH and International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative (ISMI) will be highlighting current research through a wide range of presentations and talks from July 15-18, 2008 at SEMICON West in San Francisco. Members of the media are advised of the following media opportunities:
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
* John Warlaumont, vice president of advanced technology for SEMATECH will highlight the importance of major, collaborative R&D clusters in shaping the future of semiconductor and related industries. His keynote session is titled "Strategic Research Alliances." The event begins at 10:30 a.m. in the Golden Gate (A2) Conference Room, Marriott.
* Prashant Majhi, SEMATECH's Front End Processes program manager of CMOS Scaling, will discuss the challenges and opportunities of realizing high performance and low power CMOS devices with high-mobility channels at 10:50 a.m. on the Device Scaling TechXPOT Stage, North Hall, Moscone Center.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
* ISMI's Environmental Safety and Health technology manager, James Beasley, will explore ISMI efforts to produce a standard methodology and approach for evaluating sustainable performance of advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities, at 10:50 a.m. on the Device Scaling TechXPOT Stage, North Hall, Moscone Center.
* Benjamin Bunday, ISMI's project manager of CD Metrology and senior member of technical staff will discuss future manufacturing challenges with metrology equipment, at 11:10 a.m. on the Device Scaling TechXPOT Stage, North Hall, Moscone Center.
* Rusty Harris, SEMATECH's Front End Processes project manager, non-planar for CMOS research, will outline several key issues that must be addressed to make 3D devices a reality at 3:50 p.m. on the Device Scaling TechXPOT Stage, North Hall, Moscone Center.
* A day-long preview of this year's International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors will be offered at the 2008 Summer ITRS Public Conference, Esplanade Hall.
* Equipment suppliers will share their plans on how they will meet the challenges for making wafer processing equipment capable for 3D Interconnects at SEMATECH's 3D Workshop, Equipment Challenges for 3D Interconnect at 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the Yerba Buena Salons (12 and 13), Marriott.
* SEMATECH's annual VIP Reception offers an opportunity to socialize and network with key industry players in a business-casual setting from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in Golden Gate Hall, Marriott.
Friday, July 18, 2008
* ISMI's e-Manufacturing Workshop showcases IC Makers and supplier implementation strategies for e-manufacturing suite of requirements. e-Manufacturing enabling implementations and deployment experiences will be presented to an audience of chip-makers, equipment companies and software suppliers in the Golden Gate (A2) Conference Room, Marriott from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Some of SEMATECH's and ISMI's most prominent technologists in the nanoelectronics industry will be attending SEMICON West. Interviews with executives and technical experts are available upon request, including:
* Michael Polcari
President & CEO
* John Warlaumont
VP of Advanced Technology
* Raj Jammy
VP of Emerging Technology
* Larry Larson
Front End Processes Associate Director
* Prashant Majhi
Advance Gate Electrodes
* Rusty Harris
* Sitaram Arkalgud
3D Interconnect Director
* Andrew Rudack
* Larry Smith
3D reliability, product interlock and ITRS roadmap
* Michael Lercel
Lithography Director * Scott Kramer
VP of Manufacturing Technology
* Joe Draina
* Tom Abell
Wafer size transition
* Olaf Rothe
* James Beasley
* Harvey Wohlwend
To arrange for meeting attendance or interviews, please contact or
For 20 years, SEMATECH® (www.sematech.org) has set global direction, enabled flexible collaboration, and bridged strategic R&D to manufacturing. Today, we continue accelerating the next technology revolution with our nanoelectronics and emerging technology partners.
For more information, please click here
SEMATECH | Media Relations
255 Fuller Road | Albany, NY | 12203
o: 518-956-7446 | m: 518-487-8256
Copyright © SEMATECHIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Nanometrics Reports Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results July 26th, 2016
Nanometrics Announces Upcoming Investor Events July 20th, 2016