- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c82834) has announced the addition of Nanotechnology: Revolutionizing R&D to Develop Smarter Therapeutics and Diagnostics to their offering.
Nanotechnologies have already attracted over $3bn of global government funding as part of efforts to enhance a range of disciplines including pharmaceuticals, drug delivery and healthcare monitoring. Advances in nanomaterials, nanostructures and nanosystems are expected to drive the value of the global nanotechnology market to over a trillion dollars by 2015, but many companies are remaining cautious, preferring to monitor developments in academia prior to making substantial investments.
Despite such trepidation, the pharma industry is beginning to adopt nanotools throughout the R&D process to facilitate the high throughput screening of drug repositories, the identification of new drug targets and biomarkers for preclinical and clinical studies and the development of diagnostics and imaging agents. ‘Nanotechnology' is a new report published by Business Insights that provides a comprehensive review of nanotechnology and it's role in the development of next-generation nanomedicines. The nanotools and detection systems currently driving nanotechnology are profiled and the applications of nanotechnologies within the R&D process are assessed.
This report measures the impact of nanotechnologies currently being applied to target cancer, cardiovascular disease and CNS disorders and also explores the implementation strategies of leading pharmaceutical, healthcare and nanotechnology start-ups. Use this new report to assess the future of nanotechnology within pharma R&D, identify the innovations driving growth within the market and examine the implementation strategies of leading companies.
-Nano-enabled delivery systems are the fastest growing form of nanotechnology amongst major pharma companies, helping to improve the targeted delivery of old, existing and shelved products. However many companies remain cautious, choosing to monitor the progress of nanotechnology prior to making significant investments.
- Optical imaging tags will help to identify diseases earlier and may avoid the need for expensive, high tech laser-based equipment. Diagnostic imaging of this kind is being increasingly applied to animals in preclinical dosing studies.
- Regulatory authorities are supporting nanotechnologies that can improve the development of pharmaceuticals and diagnostic agents. Many regulatory policies are currently being reassessed to ensure innovation and safety when utilising nanotechnologies.
- Many governments are keen to apply nanotechnology across pharmaceuticals, drug delivery and healthcare monitoring in an effort to reduce R&D costs and enhance levels of productivity.
-Nanomaterials are being utilised to develop more sensitive and specific POC diagnostic and biocompatible implants. Nanowires and cantilever assay systems will expand the market by helping to shift diagnostic tests from central laboratories to point of diagnostics.
Key Questions Answered
-What is the role of nanotechnology in preclinical and clinical drug development?
- Which new nanotools and nanomaterials are driving growth?
- How is biomarker harvesting being affected by nanotechnology?
- Which major companies are developing nano enabled delivery systems?
- How are new optical tagging agents aiding animal dosing studies in the clinical development of safety assessment candidates?
- Which nanotechnologies are driving innovation in POC diagnostics?
- How are companies incorporating nanotechnology into their R&D programmes?
Key Issues Examined
-Nanotech acquisitions. The potential acquisition of nanotech companies and in-licensing technologies is becoming a popular trend amongst pharma companies who are keen to counter the effects of industrial consolidation and low productivity.
- Go/no-go decision-making. The application of nanotechnology in biomarker discovery has enhanced the identification and validation of novel biomarkers for use in the pre-clinical and clinical development process, helping companies to engage in go/no-go decision-making significantly earlier.
- Fast-evolving technology platform. Novel nanomaterials are being evaluated as nanostructures whilst others have potential as biocompatible and biodegradable medical coatings and
implants. The evolution of nano-enabled delivery systems may provide targeted delivery solutions for approved and upcoming agents and also help to reposition shelved products.
- Disease diagnosis/treatment. New nanotools that enhance contrast agents and improve optical imaging are expected to contribute in the earlier stages of disease diagnosis, and the construction of electrical/thermal nanosensors and nanodevices will help to diagnose, monitor and treat a disease.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Elan Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Medical Solutions
- Abraxis BioSciences
- pSividia Limited
- StarPharma Holdings Ltd
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Soft decoupling of organic molecules on metal June 23rd, 2016
Stealth nanocapsules kill Chagas parasites in mouse models June 22nd, 2016
New nanoparticle technology developed to treat aggressive thyroid cancer: Platform designed to deliver nanotherapy effective in preclinical models of metastatic anaplastic thyroid cancer June 21st, 2016
Soft decoupling of organic molecules on metal June 23rd, 2016
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers