- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c82388) has announced the addition of "Polyolefin Composites" to their offering.
This book comprehensively summarizes and collects many technical research accomplishments conducted on polyolefin composites. It serves as a one stop reference resource for important research accomplishments in the area of polyolefin composites. The book covers advances and accomplishments in recent years with a major emphasis given to the new area of polyolefin nano-composites.
The chapters focus on polyolefin-based material systems that include at least one functional particulate solid or liquid additive of micro- or nano-size. The book covers several aspects of polyolefin composites such as processing, morphological characterization, crystallization, structure and properties, and performance evaluation at micro and nano structural levels. Two chapters also provide new insights into fundamental theoretical understanding of nanostructured polyolefin composites from molecular perspectives through advanced modelling and simulation.
Domasius Nwabunma is a research specialist at 3M with expertise in polymerprocessing. He holds three patents, has authored numerous well-cited journal papers,and has been a speaker at various conferences. He is a senior member of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) and a member of the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the Polymer Processing Society (PPS). He has received many awards and honors and has held many leadership positions. His most recent leadership post was as President of the Upper Midwest (S22) Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers.
Thein Kyu is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Polymer Engineering at the University of Akron. He has written 180 refereed papers and book chapters, holds four patents, and coedited Liquid-Crystalline Polymer Systems, an ACS symposium book.
1. Overview of Polyolefin Composites (Domasius Nwabunma).
2. Polypropylene Natural Cellulosic Fibre Composites (Robert A. Shanks).
3. Polyolefin/Natural Fibre Composites (Laly A. Pothan, Adriaan S. Luyt, and Sabu Thomas).
4. Composites and Nanocomposites of Polyolefins and Some Blends of Polyolefins/PA6 as Matrices and CaCO3, Wood Flour, Sisal Fibre, Hydroxiapatite and Montmorillonite as Fillers. (Carmen Albano and Rosestela Perera).
5. Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber/Carbon Black Composites (Soney C. George and Sabu Thomas).
6. Selected Topics on Polypropylene/Wood Flour Composites: Thermal, Mechanical and Time Dependent Response (María M. Reboredo, Mirta. I. Aranguren, and Norma E. Marcovich).
7. Deformation and Fracture, Behaviour of Natural Filler Reinforced Polypropylene (Celina Bernal).
8. Metallocene Catalyzed Functionalized Polyolefins in Composites (Ulla Hippi, Noora Ristolainen, Barbro Löfgren, and Jukka Seppälä).
9. Preparation and Properties of Polyethylene/Layered silicate (Yuan Hu, Hongdian Lu, and Lei Song).
10. Polypropylene/Clay Nanocomposites (Xuehong Lu, Ke Wang, and Yang Choo Chua).
11. Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH)-Polyolefin Nanocomposites. Preparation, Structure and Properties (José Ignacio Velasco).
12. Effect of NanoFillers on Crystallization, Phase Transformation and Thermo-Mechanical Behaviour of Poly(1-butene) (Santosh D. Wanjale and Jyoti P. Jog).
13. Towards Polyethylene Nanocomposites with Controlled Properties (Yvonne A. Akpalu).
14. Fracture Behaviour of Polyolefin-Silicate Nanocomposites (Sie Chin Tjong).
Advanced Polyolefin Nano and Molecular Composites.
15. Polyolefin-Clay Nanocomposites: Theory and Simulation (Anna C. Balazs, Jozef Bicerano, and Valeriy V. Ginzburg).
16. Monte Carlo Modeling of Polyethylene Nanocomposites (Rahmi Ozisik, Peter J. Dionne, and Catalin R. Picu).
17. Characteristics of Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotube and Polyethylene Composites Prepared by Gelation/Crystallization from Solutions (Masaru Matsuo, Yuezhen Bin, Qingyun Chen, and Atsuko Yamanaka).
18. Crystallization Behaviour of Polyethylene/Carbon Nanotube Composites (Lingyu Li, Bing Li, Steve L. Kodjie, and Christopher Y. Li).
19. Formation of Shish-kebab Structures in Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene/Polyethylene Composites Under Shear flow (Toshiji Kanaya, G. Matsuba and K. Nishida).
20. Template Crystallization of Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polypropylene Induced by Chain Orientation of Co-crystallized Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene (Rockliffe St. John Manley and Thein Kyu).
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Deep Space Industries and SFL selected to provide satellites for HawkEye 360’s Pathfinder mission: The privately-funded space-based global wireless signal monitoring system will be developed by Deep Space Industries and UTIAS Space Flight Laboratory May 26th, 2016
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers