- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
December 13th, 2007
Gold Use: World Gold Council is looking for new applications
The World Gold Council has identified five key markets—advanced electronics, optical materials, fuel cell systems, biomedical applications and industrial catalysts—for future research funding to develop new industrial applications for gold.
The financial resources available from the council under its market research and feasibility GROW program are finite and that only a limited proportion of project proposals received will be funded, says Richard Holliday, head of industrial applications.
Still, the industry association has determined some key areas of interest:
* Industrial catalysts, including chemical processing and pollution control applications—and especially innovative technology for improving the durability of gold catalysts for room temperature air purification applications, the use of gold catalysts or gold nanotechnology that is directly related to the control of harmful environmental pollutants and commercially viable preparation methods for producing high loading gold-on-carbon electrocatalysts for potential use in fuel cell applications.
* Advanced electronics, including any technology and components likely to be used in next-generation devices.
* Fuel cell systems, including applications both within the fuel cell structure and hydrogen processing infrastructure.
* Optical materials, including nanotechnology, chemicals and coatings.
* Biomedical applications, including medical implants, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals.
|Related News Press|
Move over, solar: The next big renewable energy source could be at our feet October 20th, 2016
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Nanoantenna lighting-rod effect produces fast optical switches October 24th, 2016
New nanomedicine approach aims to improve HIV drug therapies October 24th, 2016
Carbon-coated iron catalyst structure could lead to more-active fuel cells September 15th, 2016