- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
December 13th, 2007
Gold Use: World Gold Council is looking for new applications
The World Gold Council has identified five key markets—advanced electronics, optical materials, fuel cell systems, biomedical applications and industrial catalysts—for future research funding to develop new industrial applications for gold.
The financial resources available from the council under its market research and feasibility GROW program are finite and that only a limited proportion of project proposals received will be funded, says Richard Holliday, head of industrial applications.
Still, the industry association has determined some key areas of interest:
* Industrial catalysts, including chemical processing and pollution control applications—and especially innovative technology for improving the durability of gold catalysts for room temperature air purification applications, the use of gold catalysts or gold nanotechnology that is directly related to the control of harmful environmental pollutants and commercially viable preparation methods for producing high loading gold-on-carbon electrocatalysts for potential use in fuel cell applications.
* Advanced electronics, including any technology and components likely to be used in next-generation devices.
* Fuel cell systems, including applications both within the fuel cell structure and hydrogen processing infrastructure.
* Optical materials, including nanotechnology, chemicals and coatings.
* Biomedical applications, including medical implants, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals.
|Related News Press|
Graphenea celebrates fifth anniversary April 27th, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
New technique for exploring structural dynamics of nanoworld: Developed in a Nobel laureate's laboratory at Caltech, hybrid approach allows ultrafast EM analysis of materials, showing tiny electronic changes in individual atoms within a material on ultrafast time scales April 28th, 2015
Expanding the reach of metallic glass April 22nd, 2015
Newly-Developed Nanocatalysts Increase Performance of Fuel Cells April 16th, 2015