- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
September 19th, 2007
The foresight scenarios point out that:
* The health care system will face an enormous challenge in the near future due to e.g. ageing population, well-fare diseases and new technology. Thus, development of biomedical sensors technology will be crucial.
* Biomedical sensors will be a central unit embedded in several health related applications and scenarios. By using micro- and nanotechnology it will be possible to design small, smart, robust and cost effective sensors with a wide functionality.
* Biomedical sensors will monitor important body functions and status (i.e. blood sugar level, heartbeat rate, presence of toxic agents), and advanced algorithms adapted to each individual may trigger alarms when non-normal values are encountered.
* Technologically there is a tremendous potential, especially related to converging technologies, however technology alone does not create business.
* Nordic industries are major vendors of medical sensors, and the region is leading in relation to the use of medical sensors for the benefit of health care and well being. This creates great opportunities for Nordic companies to find international markets for biomedical sensors and take leading positions.
|Related News Press|
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers