Home > Press > Current Applications of Nanotechnologies Will Result in a Global Annual Saving of 8 Thousand Tons of Carbon Dioxide in 2007
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c58018 ) has announced the addition of "Nanotechnologies for Sustainable Energy: Reducing Carbon Emissions through Clean Technologies and Renewable Energy Sources (Portable Electronics Sector)" to their offering.
Current Applications of Nanotechnologies Will Result in a Global Annual Saving of 8 Thousand Tons of Carbon Dioxide in 2007
DUBLIN, Ireland | Posted on May 25th, 2007
"Nanotechnologies for Sustainable Energy: Reducing Carbon Emissions through Clean Technologies and Renewable Energy Sources" examines the impact of nanotechnology on the quest for sustainable energy.
Through a detailed analysis of technologies both currently available and under development the report concludes that:
- The major near-term benefit of nanotechnologies will be in reducing weight in the transportation sector with nanocomposite materials quickly diffusing across the automotive and aerospace industries
- Over the next seven years, highest growth opportunities will come from the application of nanomaterials to making better use of existing resources rather than generating new forms of renewable energy
- Highest growth rates will be in the development of renewable energy sources while the materials sector is already crowded
- Current applications of nanotechnologies will result in a global annual saving of 8 thousand tons of carbon dioxide in 2007, rising to over a million tons by 2014
Please note: This description is for the complete report.
- Market forecast for nanotechnology applications in sustainable energy
- Nanotechnology applications for sustainable energy
- Reducing co2 emissions in the portable electronics sector
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business Wire 2007
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
NanoTechnology for Defense (NT4D) October 22nd, 2014
Mechanism behind nature's sparkles revealed October 22nd, 2014
TARA Biosystems and Harris & Harris Group Form Company to Improve Safety and Efficacy of New Therapies October 22nd, 2014
Researchers patent a nanofluid that improves heat conductivity October 22nd, 2014
Sopping up proteins with thermosponges: Researchers develop novel nanoparticle platform that proves effective in delivering protein-based drugs October 22nd, 2014
Bipolar Disorder Discovery at the Nano Level: Tiny structures found in brain synapses help scientists better understand disorder October 22nd, 2014
NIST offers electronics industry 2 ways to snoop on self-organizing molecules October 22nd, 2014
Journal Nanotechnology Progress International (JONPI), 2014, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp 1-24 October 22nd, 2014
Imaging electric charge propagating along microbial nanowires October 20th, 2014
Physicists build reversible laser tractor beam October 20th, 2014
Plastic nanoparticles also harm freshwater organisms October 18th, 2014
New Nanocomposites Help Elimination of Toxic Dyes October 15th, 2014