- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Australian nanotech successes including the bionic ear, water treatment solutions, drug delivery treatments, rapid medical diagnostics, fuel cells, and thermally active granules-cleaning paints will be on show at the Australia Pavilion (Booth # 301) at the NSTI Nanotech Conference and Trade Show 2007.
Invest Australia's Senior Investment Commissioner for North America, Fred Welz advised innovative US companies looking for the next "small thing" to investigate Australian opportunities in this sector.
"Australia has a proven track record of integrating nanotech into technology success stories," said Welz.
"About 90 research groups around Australia are working on nanotech, and there are at least 65 nanotech companies - 30 of which have emerged over the past 5 years."
"Many more commercially viable nanotech applications are being developed by Australian companies for a wide range of industry sectors including consumer products, biotechnology, energy, ICT and the environment."
"US investors and technology partners regularly visit Australian R&D centres and their spin-off companies looking for commercial applications. NSTI Nanotech is an ideal opportunity to see some of the best innovators from Australia, here in the Valley."
Invest Australia, the Australian Government's inward investment agency, will be attending the conference to match-make investors with innovators from Australia. Visit the Australian Pavilion for your copy of the 2007 Australian Nanotechnology Report.
Some of the 12 organizations attending the conference from Down Under include:
* TAG Technology is specialising in creating environmentally friendly solutions for problems caused by heat.
* The company is licensing a unique nanotechnology that when incorporated into coatings, textiles and films, allows these polymeric materials to block the flow of heat passing through them from one direction only. In doing so, it works to keep the temperature of any product coated with a thermally active granules (TAG®) coating as constant as possible regardless of shifts in the ambient temperature. http://www.users.bigpond.com/tagtechnology/home_main.swf
Advanced Nanotechnology Limited
* A leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced nanomaterials and nanomaterials products.
* It manufactures mono-dispersed nanoparticles with controlled size, shape, surface and chemistry enabling delivery of dispersed forms that enhance product value. http://www.advancednanotechnology.com.au
* The Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia's largest national research organisation and is one of the world's largest and most diverse research organisations.
* It has formidable nanotechnology capabilities covering a range of sectors and applications from materials and manufacturing, food and agriculture to energy and the environment.
* CSIRO experts, Prof Calum Drummond - Chief, Industrial Physics, Dr Philip Casey - Functional Interphases and Coatings, Manufacturing and Materials Technology, and Dr Miriam Bultuck - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex and NASA Operations, Industrial Physics, will be attending NSTI. http://www.csiro.com
* A collaborative venture between three major universities in the Australian state of Victoria (Monash University, Swinburne University of Technology and RMIT University) and the Australian Government's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
* A$28 million in funding from members and the Victorian Government. http://www.nanovic.com.au
UniQuest, The University of Queensland
* UniQuest Pty Ltd is one of Australia's most highly regarded university technology transfer groups.
* A subsidiary company of The University of Queensland, UniQuest identifies, packages and commercializes the university technologies and expertise. http://www.uniquest.com.au
ARC Centre of Excellence for Functional Nanomaterials
* The Centre's research programs focus on the novel synthesis, characterisation and application of functional nanomaterials such as nanoparticles, nanotubes, thin films and nanoporous and nanocomposite materials. http://www.arccfn.org.au
* Astute has identified clean energy, the environment and health care industries as areas where nanostructured materials will have significant impacts.
* Astute's commercialisation in health care is focused on drug delivery, biomaterials for orthopaedic and cardiovascular applications and tissue repair.
* AZoNano (the A to Z of Nanotechnology) is a comprehensive international online resource with over 6,000 regularly updated pages dedicated to informing and educating engineers, designers, academics and scientists from within the global nanotechnology community, from materials and equipment through to research and new developments. http://www.azonano.com
School of Applied Sciences, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University
* The School of Applied Sciences at RMIT is working with the Bluescope Steel Institute at the University of Wollongong and Bluescope Steel Ltd to develop nanoscale modifications of paint surfaces to aid in contamination resistance. http://www.rmit.edu.au/applied-sciences
Australian Nano Business Forum (ANBF)
* The Australian Nano Business Forum (ANBF) is the peak national body to represent and promote Australian industry and companies involved in nanotechnology.
* The ANBF provides a collective voice for member organizations engaged in this new and emerging technology. It facilitates links between key stakeholders, such as government, funding, regulatory and research entities. http://www.anbf.com.au
Centre for Strategic Nano-Fabrication (CSNF), University of Western Australia
* The CSNF at University of Western Australia is developing novel state-of-the-art nano-technologies at the same time as addressing the key issues in the current community. The Centre is using spinning disc processing (SDP) to fabricate nano-particles. http://www.strategicnano.uwa.edu.au
Bridge8 Pty Ltd
* Bridge8 Pty Ltd consults a range of organisations on foresight and strategy development, process frameworks and communications. The company is especially interested in change generated by the collision of technology and society in industries such as nanotechnology, agriculture, biomedicine, information technology, the environment, mining, manufacturing and materials. http://www.bridge8.com.au
For more information during Nanotech 2007 about investing in Australia please contact Investment Director Kelly Sims on 415-624-7310.
About Invest Australia
Invest Australia, is the Australian Government's inward investment agency that helps international companies build their business in Australia and offers investors a free, comprehensive and confidential service.
Between July 2002 and March 2007, Invest Australia played a verified role in attracting or facilitating 357 projects worth approximately A$55 billion, with the potential to create more than 27,000 jobs and generate A$12.5 billion in export earnings.
For more information, please click here
Kelly Sims, 415-624-7310
DatelineMedia Communications USA LLC
Sarah Duckett, 650-798-5238 (Media)
Copyright © Business Wire 2007If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
Revealing the nature of magnetic interactions in manganese oxide: New technique for probing local magnetic interactions confirms 'superexchange' model that explains how the material gets its long-range magnetic order May 25th, 2016
Deep Space Industries and SFL selected to provide satellites for HawkEye 360’s Pathfinder mission: The privately-funded space-based global wireless signal monitoring system will be developed by Deep Space Industries and UTIAS Space Flight Laboratory May 26th, 2016
The next generation of carbon monoxide nanosensors May 26th, 2016
Gigantic ultrafast spin currents: Scientists from TU Wien (Vienna) are proposing a new method for creating extremely strong spin currents. They are essential for spintronics, a technology that could replace today's electronics May 25th, 2016
Novel gene therapy shows potential for lung repair in asthma May 18th, 2016
Nanometrics Announces Upcoming Investor Events May 10th, 2016