- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c50695 ) has announced the addition of "Nanotechnology: Micro Generation Of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries World Energy Market Shifts, Forecasts, and Strategies, 2007-2013" to their offering.
Nanotechnology is providing us with next generation systems that rely on micro-generation of energy stored in thin film batteries. Nanotechnology works on both sides of the equation. Solar and wind generators are made more efficient by the use of nanoparticles in the drive and collector mechanisms. Thin film batteries use new materials created using nanotechnology to achieve components that are used to manufacture batteries 40 times more efficient than current batteries.
World energy market shifts are a result of these new renewable energy and storage technologies. Wind and solar energy can be generated and stored as DC current in residential settings. Wind and solar power can be stored by using thin film batteries that in turn are used to power electronics, LED lights, and small appliances in the home. Systems work using a direct current (DC) power system that supplements the power coming off the grid into the home.
Wind and solar generators operating in residential settings store energy in thin film batteries for use in autos. Wind and solar power stored in thin film batteries can be used to power cars by hooking the car battery to the home battery with a wire and a plug at each end of the wire. This assumes that there are lots and lots of solar panels, small windmills like would be used on a boat, and thin film batteries. The billions of units needed create economies of scale and bring prices of these products well below the $100 per unit price.
Wind power and solar power are anticipated to be long-term energy sources for thin film batteries used to run cars and to provide a DC power connection in the home. Campus based stationary fuel cells, depend on landfill and wastewater treatment plants to provide gas for providing energy to manufacture hydrogen.
Micro-generation of energy is set to bring a worldwide economic revolution brought by the availability of thin film batteries that are more fuel-efficient, charge within minutes, and hold a charge 40 times longer than existing batteries. Thin film batteries can be charged from renewable energy sources and used to power the home and car.
Industrialization requires sustainable, highly efficient energy. Fossil fuel generation is being replaced by clean, renewable energy. Wind and solar energy can be stored in thin film batteries for residential and transportation uses. Renewable energy can be stored in the form of hydrogen for fleet and campus applications.
They do not take the home off grid, but they power lights, electronics, small appliances, and the car battery.
Thin film batteries support micro-generation of energy by making it possible to generate and store energy in the home. The battery is then used through a direct current wiring system that complements grid wring. LED light systems, electronics, small appliances, very small refrigeration systems, and hot water can be implemented piece meal in a home using a combination of small wind generators, solar panels, and thin film batteries to store the power that comes from the green renewable energy systems.
Increasingly societies are realizing that micro-generation has a role to play in combating global warming, increasing security of energy supplies, alleviating fuel poverty, and generally creating sustainable communities.
Micro generators include wind and solar have not been as efficient as buying electricity from the grid. Micro generation has developed independently of a grid connected house, office, or factory on boats and away from civilization. Now that technology is ready for mainstream use. Once the micro wind turbine has been purchased energy is free, and now it can be stored efficiently, which was never possible before. So there are very good reasons to install micro generation.
For homeowners seeking true electrical grid independence, micro-power generation takes away the dependence and limitations of the electric distribution grid, in a remote standalone package. Other systems provide heat for the home. This lets the homeowner live just about anywhere, in the mountains or deep woods, in the desert or on an island. Now that same technology is ready for the cities and the suburbs.
Nanotechnology: Micro Generation of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries Market Shifts Executive Summary
1. World Energy Market Shifts: Micro Generation of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries -- Market Dynamics and Market Description
2. Nanotechnology: Micro Generation of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries Market Shifts, Shares, and Forecasts
3. World Energy Market Shifts: Wind and Solar Micro Generation of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries Product Description
4. World Energy Market Shifts: Micro Generation of Energy Stored in Thin Film Batteries Technology
5. World Energy Company Profiles
List of Tables and Figures
- Lithium Technology - Oak Ridge Micro Energy - Front Edge Technology - Energizer Holding - Infinite Power Solutions - ITN Energy Systems - Johnson Research Thin Film Battery - KSW Microtec - Procter & Gamble Company - Mpower Solutions - VoltaLife Corporation - Ultralife Batteries - Acumentrics - Acal Energy - Adaptive Materials - Adelan - Advent International / RWE Energy - Agni 6 - Alca Torda Applications - ALLPS Fuel Cell System GMBH - Anglo Platinum / Johnson Matthey Leading Researcher In Platinum Market - Anglo Platinum / Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells - Angstrom Power - Ansaldo Fuel Cells SpA-AFC - Apollo Energy Systems - Aperion Energy Systems - Areva / Cogema - Astris Energi - Air Liquide / Axane Fuel Cell Systems - Finmeccanica Group / Ansaldo Fuel Cells - Ball Aerospace & Technologies - Ballard - Ballard Power Systems - Ebara Ballard - Ebara Corporation - Baxi Group - BCS Technology - BHP Billiton Olympic Dam Uranium Mine - British Nuclear Group (BNG) - Cameco - Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited (CFCL) - Celex Power - CellTech Power LLC - Cellennium - Cenergie Corporation - Ceramatec - Ceres Power - Clean Fuel Generation - CMR Fuel Cells - Connecticut Clean Energy Fund - Coval H2 - CTP Hydrogen - Daimler Chrysler / MTU / CFC -MTU Solutions (German) - MTU CFC Solutions GmbH Joint Venture - CFC-MTU Solutions (German Part Of Daimler Chrysler / MTU) - Delphi - DE NORA s.p.a - Dias Analytic - Donaldson Company - DTI Energy - Dupont - EBZ - Entwicklungs-und Vertriebsgesellschaft - Brennstoffzelle mbH - ESL Electric Auto Science - Electrotec - ElectroChem - Element 1 Power Systems - Electric Power Research Institute - Electronic Machining s.r.l. - Emprise - Entegris- - Eneco - ENrG 98 - EnergySolutions - Energy Resources of Australia Ltd. ERA - Engelhard - Esoro - Evonyx-eVionyx - Exelon Generation Company LLC - Five Star Technologies - Fuel Cell Components and Integrators - Fuel Cell Control - FuelCell Energy - Fuel Cells Ltd - Fuel Cells Canada - FuelCell Energy - Fuel Cell Technologies Ltd. - Fuel Cell Technologies - Fuji - Franklin Fuel Cells - GE 142 - GenCell - General Hydrogen - Gesellschaft für Angewandte Technik mbH Greifswald (GAT) - Global Thermoelectric! - GreenVOLT™ - GreenVOLT™ Mini Fuel Cell - GTI -Gas Technology Institute - Hoku / Sanyo - Honda: - HydroGen - Idaho National Laboratory - IDACORP / IdaTech - Impala Platinum - Ion America - LOGANEnergy - McDermott International / SOFCo-EFS - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. - Mesoscopic Devices / MesoGen - Millennium Cell - Mitsubishi - NanoDynamics - Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combine (Navoi MMC) Navoi, Uzbekistan - Nuclear Construction Contractors - Nu Element - Nuvera Fuel Cells - Palcan - Pinnacle / Arizona Public Service Co (APS) - Plug Power - Pacific Telepoint - Parker Hannifin - PEMEAS Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) - Power Air Corporation - Praxair / Rivoira - Priargunsky - Prometheus Resources Guyana / U3O8 Corp of Canada Subsidiary - Protonetics - Protonex Technology Corporation - Proton Energy Systems - ReliOn - Rolls Royce Group - Rössing - RWE Nukem - RWE AG, Essen / RWE Fuel Cells - Solid State Energy Conversion Alliance (SECA) - Siemens - Sulzer Group / Sulzer Hexis - SXR Uranium One - Takagi Industrial Co., Ltd. - Toshiba-Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells (PEFC) - TOTO - Ultracell - Umicore - Unitec Ceramics - Uranium Information Centre Ltd - United States Enrichment Corporation (USEC) Inc - United Technologies - United Technologies / UTC Power / UTC Fuel Cells - Memorandum Of Understanding Signed Among Toshiba, IFC, and UTC - UTC Fuel Cells - Viaspace / Direct Methanol Fuel Cell - WMC - ZAO Independent Power Technologies - ZTEK
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
Physicists solve quantum tunneling mystery: ANU media release: An international team of scientists studying ultrafast physics have solved a mystery of quantum mechanics, and found that quantum tunneling is an instantaneous process May 27th, 2015
Nanotechnology identifies brain tumor types through MRI 'virtual biopsy' in animal studies: If results are confirmed in humans, tumor cells could someday be diagnosed by MRI imaging and treated with tumor-specific IV injections; new NIH grant will fund future study May 27th, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Battery Technology/Capacitors/Generators/Piezoelectrics/Thermoelectrics/Energy storage