Home > Press > The 2005 European NanoBusiness Survey
The 2005 European NanoBusiness Survey is the world’s largest indicator of business attitudes to nanotechnologies and is crucial in defining future policy in both Europe and the rest of the world.
- 90% of companies believe that nanotechnologies will have an influence on their business,
- 58% think this will happen within three years
- 77% believe that nanotechnologies will have a significant effect on their competitiveness.
- Companies see the greatest short term benefits from nanotechnologies in Electronics
- The greatest medium term benefits in Electronics and Healthcare
- And the greatest long term benefits from nanotechnologies will be in Healthcare.
- 23% believe that the main hurdle in development of nanotechnologies is an insufficient government funding
- 21% see the main hurdle in the lack of defined markets.
- 16% see lack of trained personnel as an issue with 62% finding it difficult to find personnel with the right skills.
The full report (PDF) is available as well, here
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Nanostructures Increase Corrosion Resistance in Metallic Body Implants May 24th, 2015
Iranian Scientists Use Magnetic Field to Transfer Anticancer Drug to Tumor Tissue May 24th, 2015
Basel physicists develop efficient method of signal transmission from nanocomponents May 23rd, 2015
This Slinky lookalike 'hyperlens' helps us see tiny objects: The photonics advancement could improve early cancer detection, nanoelectronics manufacturing and scientists' ability to observe single molecules May 23rd, 2015