Home > Press > The 2005 European NanoBusiness Survey
The 2005 European NanoBusiness Survey is the world’s largest indicator of business attitudes to nanotechnologies and is crucial in defining future policy in both Europe and the rest of the world.
- 90% of companies believe that nanotechnologies will have an influence on their business,
- 58% think this will happen within three years
- 77% believe that nanotechnologies will have a significant effect on their competitiveness.
- Companies see the greatest short term benefits from nanotechnologies in Electronics
- The greatest medium term benefits in Electronics and Healthcare
- And the greatest long term benefits from nanotechnologies will be in Healthcare.
- 23% believe that the main hurdle in development of nanotechnologies is an insufficient government funding
- 21% see the main hurdle in the lack of defined markets.
- 16% see lack of trained personnel as an issue with 62% finding it difficult to find personnel with the right skills.
The full report (PDF) is available as well, here
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's January 19th, 2017
Strength of hair inspires new materials for body armor January 18th, 2017
Self-assembling particles brighten future of LED lighting January 18th, 2017
Dressing a metal in various colors: DGIST research developed a technology to coat metal with several nanometers of semiconducting materials January 17th, 2017