Home > Press > Oxonica to speak at nano tech 2005, Tokyo
David Browning will appear as a plenary speaker at the February International Nanotechnology Exhibition & Conference in Tokyo
Oxonica to speak at nano tech 2005, Tokyo
January 20, 2005
Oxonica Ltd, a leading European nanotechnology company with products already launched onto the market, announces today that its Business Director of Healthcare, David Browning, will appear as a plenary speaker at the February International Nanotechnology Exhibition & Conference in Tokyo.
nano tech 2005 will be one of the world’s largest international nanotechnology events with a predicted 40,000 people joining it this year. The exhibition will be held at the Tokyo International Exhibition Centre from February 23rd to 25th, 2005.
For the first time since its launch in 2002, the nano tech will adopt a particular focus on the nano-bio technology field and run a Nano Bio Expo as a concurrent event.
Mr Browning’s presentation will focus on Oxonica’s biodiagnostic technology, with particular emphasis on the new transformational detection system based on SERRS Beads (Surface-Enhanced Resonant Raman Beads for Diagnostic Marker detection).
Hirokazu Sugihara of Panasonic (Matsushita) and member of the conference organizing committee said:
“I am sure that the Oxonica technology, SERRS Beads, is of significant interest. Not only researchers but many business persons of bio-related companies should be eager to have a direct presentation from your company”
Kevin Matthews, Oxonica’s CEO said:
“We are delighted to be invited to give this plenary talk at such an important event. The future development of cost effective biomarkers is essential if we are to deliver the promise that diagnostics holds for revolutionising healthcare. We hope that this event will help us identify new potential partners to work with us in delivering our vision”
- Oxonica Limited was founded in 1999 and is based in Oxford, England. Currently employing 32 professional staff, the company operates in the exciting area of nanomaterials and is application focused with a portfolio of in-house developed new product opportunities. It also commercialises IPR researched over many years in The University of Oxford
- Key enabling areas include physics, materials science, chemistry and biochemistry. Oxonica currently offers commercial products in the fields of fuel catalysis and personal care and is developing a suite of products for applied diagnostics across and beyond the healthcare space
- Oxonica's technology allows it to successfully design, manipulate and engineer certain properties of materials at the nano-scale. It has a rapidly expanding portfolio in excess of 25 patent families covering materials and applications of commercial significance
- Oxonica's intellectual property derives from a compelling combination of key technology pillars: solid state physics, colloidal chemistry, coating technology and molecular biology. A large number of potential materials with differing functionalities and surface properties can be generated by Oxonica
Lead products include:
- Envirox™ Fuel Additive – A nanocataylst optimising fuel economy and reducing emissions
- Optisol™ UV Absorber – A range of ultra-stable UVA absorbers with enhanced free radical scavenging, with immediate applications in sunscreens and other materials
- Biodiagnostics – Ultrasensitive, highly multiplex diagnostic tools with applications across and beyond the healthcare space
Marketing & PR, Oxonica
Tel +44 (0) 1865 856 728
Island House, Forest Road, Guernsey, GY8 0AB UK
Tel +44 (0) 1481 233080
Fax +44 (0) 1481 233082
Copyright © Oxonica
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Self-assembling, biomimetic membranes may aid water filtration August 1st, 2015
Transparent, electrically conductive network of encapsulated silver nanowires: A novel electrode for optoelectronics August 1st, 2015
Harris & Harris Group Portfolio Company, HZO, Announces Partnerships with Dell and Motorola August 1st, 2015
Advances and Applications in Biosensing, Sensor Power, and Sensor R&D to be Covered at Sensors Global Summit August 1st, 2015