Our NanoNews Digest Sponsors
Home > Directory > Featured Nanotechnology Books > Synthesis, Functionalization and Surface Treatment of Nanoparticles
Synthesis, functionalization and surface treatment of Nanoparticles
Synthesis, Functionalization and Surface Treatment of Nanoparticles
Marie-Isabelle Baraton University of Limoges, France
is an area of crucial importance in the emerging field of nanotechnology. Controlling the surface chemical composition and mastering its modification at the nanometer scale are critical issues for high-added value applications involving nanoparticles. The basic applications of surface functionalization range from altering the wetting or adhesion characteristics and improving the nanoparticles dispersion in matrices to enhancing the catalytic properties and ordering the interfacial region, and such. The creation of specific surface sites on nanoparticles for selective molecular attachment is considered a promising approach for their applications in nanofabrication, nanopatterning, selfassembly, nanosensors, bioprobes, drug delivery, pigments, photocatalysis, LEDs, etc. This book presents novel and improved synthesis methods and approaches for controlling and functionalizing the nanoparticle surfaces to enhance the overall performance of the nanoparticles for targeted applications. CONTENTS
- Nanoparticles from Mechanical Attrition, Claudio L. De Castro and Brian S. Mitchell, USA
- Electrochemical Synthesis of Metallic Nanopowders, Jean-Luc Delplancke, BELGIUM
- Sol-Gel Derived Oxide and Sulfide Nanoparticles, Sudipta Seal and S. Shukla, USA
- Synthesis and Assembly of Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles, Marvin G. Warner and James E. Hutchison, USA
- Organic Functionalization of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles, Guido Kickelbick and Ulrich Schubert, AUSTRIA
- Polymer Metal Nanocluster Composites, Horacio Rotstein and Rina Tannenbaum, USA
- Functionalized TiO2 Nanoparticles for Pigments, Photoelectro-Chemistry and Solid Sate Chemical Sensors, P. Knauth, R. Bouchet, O. Schaf, A. Weibel, FRANCE, and G. Auer, GERMANY
- Surface Modification of TiO2: A Route for Efficient Semiconductor Assisted Photocatalysis, Tijana Rajh, Olga V. Makarova, Donald Cropek, and Marion C. Thurnauer, USA
- Silicon Nanoparticles: Next Generation of Ultrasensitive Fluorescent Nano-Organic Markers, Munir H. Nayfeh, Elena V. Rogozhina, and Lubos Mitas, USA
- Surface-Engineered Nanoparticles as Drug Carriers, Ruxandra Gref, FRANCE
- Characterization of Surface Structure and Interaction Between Particles, Hidehiro Kamiya and Makio Naito, JAPAN
- Dielectric Properties of Nanoparticles, Shlomo Berger, ISRAEL
January 2003, 323 pages, Hardcover / ISBN: 1-58883-009-8
- Latest synthesis techniques for producing metals, alloys, oxides, and polymers nanoparticles.
- Functionalization of TiO2 nanopowders for targeted applications in pigments, gas sensors, photocatalysis, etc.
- State-of-the-art review chapters written by world-renowned experts from leading institutions.
- Valuable reference source for students, researchers, college and university professors, and specialists working in the fields of nanoparticle technology, surface science, chemistry, nanotechnology, solid-state physics, materials science, polymer science, colloid science, aerosol technology, environmental science, pharmacy, biotechnology, etc.
Please let us know if you have any problem with the ordering process, or if you have any questions please contact
From the team at American Scientific Publishers, who also publishes the: