Our NanoNews Digest Sponsors
Home > Directory > Academic > Arizona State University (ASU) :The Biodesign Institute
Arizona State University (ASU) :The Biodesign Institute
The Big Idea
Let's engage now to solve some of the world's greatest problems.
This is the ambitious, impatient vision of the Biodesign Institute. Here, hundreds of researchers have come together, driven by a passion to solve huge global challenges.
The Biodesign Institute focuses on:
• Creating personalized diagnostics and treatments
• Outpacing infectious disease
• Ensuring a healthy future for our planet and ourselves
• Securing a safer world
Real World Problems, Bold Solutions
The Biodesign Institute is addressing urgent problems on a global scale. Key projects include:
• A device to diagnose disease before any symptoms appear,
• A vaccine against breast cancer that may also protect against other types of cancer,
• A system to clean harmful chemicals from drinking water
• Methods to produce safer, low-cost vaccines
• Renewable energy initiatives, including a new source of biofuel and improved solar power
• Systems to rapidly identify and treat disease in order to outpace naturally-occurring infectious disease and mitigate the threat from bioterrorism.
1001 S. McAllister Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85287-5001 USA