Home > News > Old Company Press Releases > IEC News
IEC Launches Nanotechnology Information eXchange at DesignCon 2003
January 8th, 2003
The International Engineering Consortium has announced that this year's DesignCon conference in Santa Clara, Calif., will debut the Nanotechnology Information eXchange, an opportunity for IEC constituents and DesignCon attendees to acquire information about this important new field of research.
NIX will be an informational resource located adjacent to the NanoEngineering TecForum at DesignCon 2003 on Monday, January 27. Attendees at the TecForum will thus be able to supplement the industry knowledge acquired in the live presentations with print materials from some of the leading organizations and experts in the nanotechnology field.
NIX will then move to the DesignCon 2003 exhibition floor on Tuesday, January 28, and Wednesday, January 29.
Industry, academic and government organizations participating in the DesignCon 2003 NIX program include:
- Advanced Technology Program (ATP-NIST)
- Albany NanoTech
- Argonne National Laboratory
- California NanoSystems Institute - UCLA
- Center for Nanomaterials Research (Dartmouth University)
- CMP Cientifica
- Cornell University
- Drexel University
- Drexel University & The University of Pennsylvania
- European NanoBusiness Association
- Excellin Life Sciences, Inc. (UC Berkeley)
- Foresight Institute
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- In Realis
- International Engineering Consortium
- iRoc Technologies
- Lehigh University
- Lehigh University Microscopy School
- The Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center (Harvard University)
- Nanotechnology Institute (University of Pennsylvania)
- National Nanofabrication Users Network (NNUN)
- Northern Illinois University
- Penn State University
- Purdue Cancer Center
- San Francisco Consulting Group
- Schwartz, Cooper, Greenberger, & Krauss
- The Ohio State University (Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- The Strategic Synergy Group
- University of Illinois
- University of Notre Dame
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Presented annually by the IEC, DesignCon is the premier educational conference for the electronic design engineering community, attracting more than 6,000 design engineers and managers, as well as prominent representatives of engineering's academic world. More than 130 industry-leading companies are to be featured in this year's gathering at the Santa Clara Convention Center January 27-30, including EDA tool vendors, semiconductor manufacturers, IP providers and system-design houses.
More information about the Nanotechnology Information eXchange at DesignCon 2003 can be found on the Web at
The IEC, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to catalyzing positive change in the advanced sciences and technologies industries, and its university communities. The IEC conducts industry-university programs that have substantial impact on curricula, as well as conducting research and developing publications, conferences, and technological exhibits that address major opportunities and challenges of the new millennium.
For further information, please contact:
Reprinted with premission.
Copyright The International Engineering Consortium.
If you have a comment, please