Home > News > Old Company Press Releases > Foresight Institute News
Feynman Prize 2003 Nominations - Due July 31, 2003
Palo Alto, CA. June 10th, 2003
Now is the time to submit your own research or nominate a colleague for
consideration for the Foresight Institute Feynman Prize in Nanotechnology.
Two prizes, one for theoretical and one for experimental work,
will be awarded to researchers whose recent research
significantly advances the development of molecular nanotechnology.
Established in honor of Nobel Prize winner Richard Feynman,
the prizes will be presented at the 11th Foresight
Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology, October 10-12, 2003 in San Francisco.
An award of $5,000 will be given in each category to the top submission
selected by the committee. The selection committee is composed of
previous Feynman Prize winners.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Individual submissions are preferred, but teams of two or three will be
considered. Submission must arrive by July 31, 2003.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION
Molecular nanotechnology and molecular manufacturing are the primary areas
of consideration. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- molecular electronics
- computational chemistry and molecular modeling
- computer science
- materials science
- scanning probe microscopy
- supramolecular chemistry and self-assembly
- nanomechanical engineering
- natural molecular machines
- artificial molecular machines
- artificial self-replicating systems
- robotic applications
- relevant chemical systems (fullerenes, diamond, biomolecules, etc.)
When nominating, please designate whether the submission is for the
Experimental or Theoretical prize. At a minimum, one of the following items
must be submitted with nominations:
1. URL of biography, CV, and/or research group
2. List of up to five most relevant publications
3. URLs for, or copies of, up to five most relevant publications (pdf, html, or paper)
4. Statement of up to 400 words describing the work and its relevance to the
goal of molecular nanotechnology and/or molecular manufacturing. [If the work has multiple authors,
the nominee's role must be stated.]
Email submissions with URLs are preferred and should be sent to email@example.com
If sending a submission by post or fax, please send it to:
P.O. Box 61058,
Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
tel +1 650 917 1122
fax +1 650 917 1123
For more information, please visit us at foresight.org.
If you have a comment, please