- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/affcontent/?tt=3721_135171_69066_&r=/research/wj5qcx/graphene_analysis ) has announced the addition of the "Graphene: Analysis of Technology, Markets and Players 2013-2018" report to their offering.
Graphene is a hot topic. It promises to offer the best possible material properties in almost all applications. Its extraordinary performance has led many to call it the 'superlative' or 'wonder' material. The reality however is different and this report diligently separates hype from reality using our detailed understanding of the graphene technology and industry.
IDTechEx forecasts that 100 million dollars of graphene will be sold in 2018 into a range of applications, including RFID, smart packaging, super capacitors, composites, ITO replacement, sensors, logic and memory, etc.
For each market segment, the forecasts are provided by both value and mass. The forecast models are based on (a) our detailed market knowledge at application level, (b) our critical assessment of graphene's value proposition per target market, and (c) existing and projected commercial activity at company level. Our knowledge base was built up by interviews relevant players across the industry and tracking and interpreting the latest around the globe.
IDTechEx finds that there is no single graphene, but they are different types of graphene. Each type has a different a microstructure, layer number, oxygen content, etc. And each type offers a different set of properties therefore targeting a different set of markets.
Graphene can be manufactured using a variety of techniques. IDTechEx critically assesses the potential volume production capability, cost structure, and graphene quality for each technique. Here, we evaluate mechanical micro-cleavage, chemical vapour deposition, liquid-phase exfoliation, oxidisation-reduction and various plasma approaches.
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. GRAPHENE - THE WONDER MATERIAL?
3. THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF GRAPHENE
4. COST-EFFECTIVE AND SCALABLE MANUFACTURING TECHNIQUE IS THE HOLY GRAIL
5. THE STATE OF INVESTMENT, PRODUCTION AND REVENUE IN THE GRAPHENE MARKET
6. MOVING UP THE VALUE CHAIN IS CRITICAL
7. THE IP ACTIVITY IS MOVING FROM THE MANUFACTURING SIDE TO COVER END USES
8. REDUCED GRAPHENE OXIDE
9. CHEMICAL VAPOUR DEPOSITION
10. LIQUID PHASE EXFOLIATION
12. A GENERAL MARKET OVERVIEW
13. GRAPHENE FUNCTIONAL INKS- WHAT IS THEIR MARKET POSITION?
14. GRAPHENE- DOES IT HAVE A FUTURE AS AN ACTIVE CHANNEL IN TRANSISTORS?
15. GRAPHENE IN POLYMERIC COMPOSITES- THE LARGEST NEAR-TERM OPPORTUNITY FOR GRAPHENE
16. GRAPHENE - HAS IT POTENTIAL IN LITHIUM-ION OR RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM METAL BATTERIES?
17. GRAPHENE- A WINNER REPLACEMENT FOR ITO?
18. GRAPHENE - DOES IT DELIVER VALUE IN SUPERCAPACITOR?
19. GRAPHENE FUNCTIONAL INKS IN RFID TAGS
20. SUMMARY - FORECASTS AND ASSESSMENT
21. COMPANY INTERVIEWS
22. COMPANY PROFILES
- AMO GmbH
- BASF, Germany
- Carben Semicon Ltd, Russia
- Carbon Solutions, Inc., USA
- Catalyx Nanotech Inc. (CNI), USA
- Durham Graphene Science
- GRAnPH Nanotech
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), USA
- Graphene Energy Inc., USA
- Graphene Frontiers
- Graphene Industries
- Graphene Laboratory
- Graphene Square
- Graphene Technologies
- HRL Laboratories, USA
- Harbin Mulan
- IBM, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Germany
- Nanostructured & Amorphous Materials, Inc., USA
- Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Quantum Materials Corp
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), USA
- Rice University, USA
- Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Samsung Electronics, Korea
- Sungkyunkwan University Advanced Institute of Nano Technology (SAINT), Korea
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
- University of Cambridge
- University of Exeter
- University of Manchester, UK
- University of Princeton
- University of Southern California (USC), USA
- University of Texas at Austin, USA
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- XG Sciences
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/affcontent/?tt=3721_135171_69066_&r=/research/wj5qcx/graphene_analysis
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Computing and Technology
Copyright © Business WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
New class of 3D-printed aerogels improve energy storage April 22nd, 2015
Drexel materials scientists putting a new spin on computing memory April 22nd, 2015
Printing Silicon on Paper, with Lasers April 21st, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers