- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Following the last session of the X2012 conference, the EU funded Nanodevice project will host a free seminar to showcase the next generation of instruments being developed for nanoparticle exposure measurement in the workplace. This seminar is designed to inform occupational hygienists, exposure scientists, safety officers and other health professionals on how the hazard identification and exposure measurement challenges from nanomaterials are being met. For further information and notification of your attendance please go to www.nano-device.eu.
Date: July 5th 2012 at 1:00 pm
Royal College of Physicians
9 Queen Street
Edinburgh EH2 1JQ
1. Welcome and introduction: Aims, objectives and scope of Nanodevice. Dr Kai Savolainen Co-ordinator of the Nanodevice project (Finish Institute
of Occupational Health). (15 minutes)
2. How do you identify which nanomaterials are harmful? Update on the hazard assessment of nano-objects from the Nanodevice project. Rosemary Gibson (Health & Safety Laboratory, UK) (20 minutes)
3. Overview of the sampling and measurement needs and the devices developed. Garry Burdett (Health & Safety Laboratory) (20 minutes).
4. Examples of near market devices developed by Nanodevice: a) A new portable instrument for extensive workplace aerosol analysis. Christof Asbach (Institute of Energy& Env. Technology,IUTA) (20 minutes).
b) Wide-range size-resolving aerosol monitoring & sampling system. Robert Muir (Naneum Ltd. UK) (15 minutes).
c) Modular samplers/pre-separators based on aerosol deposition in the gas- exchange region and the anterior parts of the nose. Anders Gudmundsson (Lund University, Sweden) (15 minutes).
Break for coffee 3:15 - 3:30
d) An integrated particle number and size distribution device for nano and micro particles in air. Markus Pesch (Grimm Aersol Technik GmbH.)(15 minutes).
5. A look forward: examples research and experimental devices. Marcus Keller (Fraunhofer IPA) (20 minutes).
6. Laboratory and field assessment of the Nanodevices. Markus Berges (German Institute for Occup. Safety, BGIA) (20 minutes).
7. Questions / discussion on the potential use of the devices and nano OELs. Chaired by Kai Savolainen (20 minutes).
8. Closing remarks Kai Savolainen (5 minutes).
For more information, please click here
+358 30 474 2925
Copyright © NANODEVICEIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Nanoantenna lighting-rod effect produces fast optical switches October 24th, 2016
New nanomedicine approach aims to improve HIV drug therapies October 24th, 2016
Leti Scientists Participating in Sessions on Med Tech, Automotive Technologies, MEMS, Si-photonics and Lithography at SEMICON Europa: Teams also Will Demonstrate Technology Advances in Telecom, Data Fusion, Energy, Silicon Photonics and 3D Integration October 18th, 2016