- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/affcontent/?tt=3721_135171_69066_&r=/research/aa2068a1/food_processing_ha) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Food Processing Handbook, 2nd Edition, 2 Volume Set" to their offering.
Focusing on the technology involved, this handbook describes the principles and the equipment used as well as the changes - physical, chemical, microbiological and organoleptic - that occur during food preservation. In so doing, the text covers in detail such techniques as post-harvest handling, thermal processing, evaporation and dehydration, freezing, irradiation, high-pressure processing, emerging technologies, baking, extrusion, frying and packaging. In addition, it addresses current concerns about the safety of processed foods and control of food processes, as well as the impact of processing on the environment and separation and conversion operations widely used in the food industry.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
This 2nd edition has 35 % new material. The entire handbook has been revised, update and expanded and includes 9 entirely new chapters, ranging from Emerging Technologies to the Use of Enzymes to Traceability to Nanotechnology.
Scientists and engineers involved in food manufacture, research and development in both industry and academia will benefit greatly from the contents, as will students studying food related topics at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Key Topics Covered:
- Postharvest Handling and Preparation of Foods for Processing
- Thermal Processing
- Evaporation and Dehydration
- High Pressure Processing
- Emerging Technologies for Food Processing
- Separations in Food Processing: Part 1
- Separations in Food Processing: Part 2 - Membrane Processing, Ion Exchange, and Electrodialysis
- Mixing, Emulsification, and Size Reduction
- Food Deep-Fat Frying
- Safety in Food Processing
- Traceability in Food Processing and Distribution
- The Hygienic Design of Food Processing Plant
- Process Control in Food Processing
- Environmental Aspects of Food Processing
- Water and Waste Treatment
- Process Realisation
- Microscopy Techniques and Image Analysis for the Quantitative Evaluation of Food Microstructure
-Nanotechnology in the Food Sector
- Fermentation and the Use of Enzymes
James G. Brennan, Alistair S. Grandison
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/affcontent/?tt=3721_135171_69066_&r=/research/aa2068a1/food_processing_ha
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): 353-1-481-1716
Sector: Food Processing
Copyright © Business WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Nanoparticles present sustainable way to grow food crops May 1st, 2016
'Honeycomb' of nanotubes could boost genetic engineering April 7th, 2016