- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Self-Organized Surfactant Structures" to their offering.
Highlighting recent developments as well as future challenges, this series of volumes covers such topics as emulsions, nano-emulsions, nano-dispersions and novel techniques for their investigation. It also considers the fundamental approach in areas such as controlled release, drug delivery and various applications of nanotechnology.
About the Author:
THARWAT TADROS was appointed lecturer in Physical Chemistry (1962-1966) at the Alexandria University. Between 1966 and 1969, he spent a sabbatical at the Agricultural University of Wageningen and T.N.O in Delft, the Netherlands. Thereafter he worked at I.C.I. and ZENECA until 1994, where he researched various fields of surfactants, emulsions, suspensions, microemulsions, wetting spreading and adhesion, and rheology. During that period he was also appointed visiting professor at Imperial College London, Bristol University and Reading University. In 1992, he was elected President of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Science. Since leaving ZENECA, Dr Tadros has worked as a consultant for various industries and also given several courses in his specialized field. He is the recipient of two medals from the Royal Society of Chemistry in the UK, and has more than 250 scientific papers to his name.
Key Topics Covered:
* Scientific Contributions by Professor Hironobu Kunieda (Conxita Solans and Bjrn Lindman).
* List of Contributors.
* 1 Viscoelastic Worm-Like Micelles in Nonionic Fluorinated Surfactant Systems (Suraj Chandra Sharma, Masahiko Abe, and Kenji Aramaki).
* 2 Structure of Nonionic Surfactant Micelles in Organic Solvents: A SAXS Study (Lok Kumar Shrestha and Kenji Aramaki).
* 3 Nonionic Microemulsions: Dependence of Oil Chain Length and Active Component (Lidocaine) (Joakim Balogh, Ulf Olsson, Skov Pedersen Jan, Helena Kaper, Hkan Wennerstrm, Karin Schilln, and Maria Miguel).
* 4 Some Characteristics of Lyotropic Liquid-Crystalline Mesophases (Idit Amar-Yuli, Abraham Aserin, and Nissim Garti).
* 5 Swelling of Vesicle Precipitates from Alkyldimethylaminoxide and a Perfluoroalcohol by Refractive-Index Matching with Glycerol (Yun Yan, Yuwen Shen, Ying Zhao, and Heinz Hoffmann).
* 6 Si QDots: Where Does Photoluminescence Come From? (Xuejun Duan, Javier Calvo-Fuentes, and M. Arturo Lpez-Quintela).
* 7 Worm-Like Micelles in a Binary Solution of Nonionic Surfactant C16E7 and Water (Tadashi Kato, Yuka Shimada, Daisuke Nozu, and Youhei Kawabata).
* 8 Mesophase Morphologies of Silicone Block Copolymers in a Selective Solvent Studied by SAXS (Dietrich Leisner, Md. Hemayet Uddin, M. Arturo Lpez-Quintela, Toyoko Imae, and Hironobu Kunieda).
* 9 Molecular Dynamics Study of Isoprenoid-Chained Lipids: Salient Features of Isoprenoid Chains As Compared with Ordinary Alkyl Chains (Wataru Shinoda and Masakatsu Hato).
* 10 Structures of Poly(dimethylsiloxane)-Poly(oxyethylene) Diblock Copolymer Micelles in Aqueous Solvents (Masaya Kaneko, Takaaki Sato, Bradley Chmelka, Kenji Aramaki, and Hironobu Kunieda).
* 11 Preparation of Mesoporous Materials with Nonhydrocarbon Surfactants (Carlos Rodrguez-Abreu and Jordi Esquena).
* 12 Worm-Like Micelles in Diluted Mixed Surfactant Solutions: Formation and Rheological Behavior (Alicia Maestro, Jordi Nolla, Carmen Gonzlez, and Jos M. Gutirrez).
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Copyright © Business WireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
New active filaments mimic biology to transport nano-cargo: A new design for a fully biocompatible motility engine transports colloidal particles faster than diffusion with active filaments January 11th, 2017
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Strength of hair inspires new materials for body armor January 18th, 2017
Self-assembling particles brighten future of LED lighting January 18th, 2017