- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Does your company have an idea for a micro and nano technology project that would involve European research partners? Companies have now an opportunity to apply for funding for these research and development projects.
By participating in MNT ERA-NET Call 2011 funding can be applied from Tekes according to standard Tekes procedures. This Call 2011 is organised as a part of Tekes Functional Materials programme.
In this Call Tekes funding is targeted at companies' international, innovative and broad scope projects. Research organisations may participate in these projects as subcontractors.
MNT ERA.NET is encouraging to transnational European co-operation.
14 countries are participating in this Call 2011. Project consortia consisting of at least two parties from two different participating countries/regions are invited.
Emphasis will be put on the following applications:
* Processing of (multi)material systems (e.g. nanostructured materials, composites and micro/nano multimaterial systems, processes for low cost high volume manufacturing)
Materials functionalisation (e.g. nano objects, structured surfaces & interfaces)
* Smart Sensor Systems (e.g. sensor networks, sensors for logistics, control of infrastructure, electronic identification systems, cognitive systems, optical systems)
* Medical and health devices (e.g. networked monitoring of health parameters, bio sensors and actuators, bio interfaces, lab on chip)
* Life cycle (optimisation) processes for micro/nano systems, development methods, reliability assessment, integration technologies (e.g. energy efficient production technologies, energy harvesting and storage systems, power conversion and management, recovery of rare materials)
Call is organised in two phases.
1) Deadline for preproposals 5 April 2011. Submit proposal electronically via MNT ERA.NET server.
Results of the evaluation of preproposals are published and sent to applicants after an international evaluation.
2) Deadline 29 June 2011 for final proposals. Consortia whose proposals receive positive status in the preproposal evaluation phase should submit in parallel:
* Final proposal via MNT-ERA.NET electronic server
* Funding proposal for Tekes concerning the funding for Finnish partners
Proposals will be evaluated according to both national criteria and using international evaluators. Those final proposals that receive the positive MNT status will be funded by their respective national organisations. Final funding decisions will be made during the latter half of the year 2011.
* Companies applying for Tekes funding should fulfill the standard Tekes criteria.
* Consortia may also involve partners that do not apply for public funding.
* All proposals will also be evaluated by international experts.
* Tekes will decide national funding based on the national evaluation
* Finnish companies will report to Tekes according to standard Tekes procedure.
* Consortium coordinator is obliged to provide a summary report to MNT-ERA.net.
* Finnish applicants are urged to contact their national contact person (see below) before submitting the application.
More information upon participating countries and areas, as well as schedule on MNT-ERA.NET internet pages, Transnational Call 2011 www.mnt-era.net/call2011
Apply: 13.1.2011 - 5.4.2011
For more information, please click here
Senior Technology Advisor Aila Maijanen
Tel. 010 60 55882
Copyright © TekesIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Doubling down on Schrödinger's cat May 27th, 2016
The next generation of carbon monoxide nanosensors May 26th, 2016
Revealing the nature of magnetic interactions in manganese oxide: New technique for probing local magnetic interactions confirms 'superexchange' model that explains how the material gets its long-range magnetic order May 25th, 2016