- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Innovate!2010 -- Global competition to identify the 100 most promising technology start-ups
Guidewire Group, the world's leading analyst firm focused exclusively on startups and emerging markets, held a regional 'Pitch Slam' event in Stockholm, Sweden on June 1, 2010 as part of the Innovate!2010 competition and top honors at the event went to Canatu. Based in Finland, Canatu is a leading developer of a new class of versatile carbon nanomaterial-based components. The runner-up at the event was TaxiPal, and two other companies tied as the second runners-up: BehavioSec and No Excuse Accounting.
TheInnovate!2010 Pitch Slam in Stockholm is one of over 20 Pitch Slam events that Guidewire Group is hosting this year across Europe and the United States. At each Pitch Slam, startups are evaluated by a panel of expert judges using the G/Score, Guidewire Group's proprietary assessment methodology for evaluating startup success and business viability. The judges at the Stockholm Pitch Slam were: Lea Bajc, Investment Manager, Northzone; Kaushal Chokshi, Chairman and Founder, Quickstart Global; and Richard Lind, Director, Technology and Platforms at Microsoft AB.
The G/Scores will be aggregated from all of the Pitch Slams, normalized across markets, stages and segments, and then ranked to determine the Innovate!100. Innovate!2010 partners with market leaders like Best Buy, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, O2, RIM, Oracle and SWIFT and serves as a platform for these corporations to quickly identify and partner with high-potential startups.
More information, including videos from the Stockholm Pitch Slam, can be found at www.innovate100.com. Congratulations to all of the startups that were invited to present in Stockholm:
* Apica: Offers Web performance monitoring and optimization services.
* BehavioSec: Analyzes keyboard and mouse behavior in order to identify unauthorized computer users and prevent information theft.
* Canatu: Produces carbon-based components tailored to increase performance of optical, energy generation and storage and electrical devices, and reduce environmental footprints.
* ClaroVision: Software platform that creates a hybrid television/Internet experience by making Internet services and media accessible through a television screen.
* Intellus: Offers tools and services to help companies modernize their AS400 RPG to a new UI based on Silverlight, and to migrate RPG code to C#.
* Jobita: Online employment marketplace for selling skills and buying services for home or the office.
* No Excuse Accounting: Mobile application that enables independent contractors to send a well-documented invoice to their clients instantly from their iPhone.
* Nuiteq: Offers multi-touch hardware, software and services for a variety of devices and platforms.
* Synble: Language localization tools for lean software development.
* TaxiPal: Mobile app that provides information on nearby taxi companies and allows the user to place orders without having to make a phone call.
* Vidispine: Content management platform for developing innovative rich media software.
About Guidewire Group
Guidewire Group is a global market intelligence and advisory firm passionate
about technology entrepreneurship. Our exclusive focus on early-stage companies
and emerging technology markets drives insight and opportunity to our clients
and community. At the heart of our offerings is the G/Score(TM), a proprietary
assessment tool that brings clarity and focus to the art of transforming ideas
into successful enterprises. Developed over the course of more than 20,000
startup interviews, the G/Score has proven to be a reliable predictor of startup viability and promise. Our G/Score data helps technology investors, customers and platform vendors rapidly qualify and respond to startup deal flow from even thousands of startups. Our G/Score assessment tools help startups, investors, service providers and government agencies to identify and benchmark competitive strengths and weaknesses, and our Studio G business acceleration programs helps startups achieve their growth objectives with clarity of purpose, speed and efficiency.
Innovate!2010 is a global competition to identify and promote the top 100 global technology start-ups. The program enables the most promising startups to gain access to resources and opportunities to accelerate the growth of their
companies. Innovate!2010 also enables its partners, including technology and
telecommunications vendors, government agencies, professional services
providers, technology scouts and investors, to identify and engage hundreds of
highly vetted, fast-growing startups and raise their brand profile in the global startup community. Innovate!2010 sponsors and partners include leading
organizations like Alacatel-Lucent, Best Buy, Cisco Systems, Comcast,
DifferenceEngine, eBay, EMC, HP, HSBC, Hearst, IBM, LaPoste, LG Electronics,
Microsoft, O2 Litmus, Oracle, PayPal, PWC, Quickstart Global, RIM, SAP, Silicon
Valley Bank, Sony, SWIFT, Turner Broadcasting, Verizon, and the City of
Zaragoza; as well as European and US economic development agencies, and dozens
of leading angel and venture capital investors.
For more information, please click here
+44 (0)754 032 5319
Copyright © PrNewswireIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Investigating the impact of natural and manmade nanomaterials on living things: Center for Environmental Implications of Nanotechnology develops tools to assess current and future risk January 9th, 2017
PCATDES Starts Field Testing of Photocatalytic Reactors in South East Asia December 28th, 2016
Nanoscale 'conversations' create complex, multi-layered structures: New technique leverages controlled interactions across surfaces to create self-assembled materials with unprecedented complexity December 22nd, 2016
Nanometrics to Present at the 19th Annual Needham Growth Conference December 22nd, 2016
Recreating conditions inside stars with compact lasers: Scientists offer a new path to creating the extreme conditions found in stars, using ultra-short laser pulses irradiating nanowires January 12th, 2017
The researchers created a tiny laser using nanoparticles January 5th, 2017