Home > Press > Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc(FONAI): Summary of Accomplishments December 31, 2009
Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc.(FONAI) was formed in March 2006 as a US 501c3 not-for-profit organization for scientific and educational purposes with the following objectives:
* Sensitize the whole of Africa and the Caribbean on nanotechnology by means of lectures, seminars, workshops and publications.
* Draft proposals that will involve a grand alliance of academia, government agency and industry.
* Set-up Nanotech Research Centers of Excellence around specific themes like nanomaterial synthesis, nanoscale fabrication of devices, nanoscale studies of phenomena and processes, nanomanufacturing, etc.
Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc(FONAI): Summary of Accomplishments December 31, 2009
Ithaca, NY | Posted on January 13th, 2010
It was believed that this could combat brain drain, science and technological poverty in Africa and the Caribbean especially. The total budget for the project for 10 years is $10 billion. Since then we have been able to accomplish the following among others as a summary:
· Formed a formidable global network especially in the US, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Caribbean and cutting across 178 countries. The aggressive nanoscience and nanotechnology education campaign which started mildly on our website has become global with the publication of Journal Nanotechnology Progress International (JONPI) with Nobel Laureates as Editorial Board members. JONPI is a #1 nano journal in scope and coverage. Global nano news are published daily on our website. To continue this focused campaign, I was appointed as a columnist to Nanotechnology Now, the #1 in nano news.
· Through this network, I was made a member of the Advisory Board of World Bank $180 million project in Nigeria for capacity building in Nigeria. Through this process I reviewed proposal for project to be executed.
Details of this report can be found on this website address:
Donation Request! To continue this focused nano educational campaign especially to
the less privileged developing nations, we need immediately
$1 million emergency relief fund
for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology education especially in Africa, Caribbean, Latin
America and Asia-Pacific.
Donate now please by visiting www.Fonai.org .
Nothing is too small or too big,
Individuals, academia, policy makers (government institutions), private sector,
Donate! Donate!! Donate!!!
About Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc. (FONAI)
Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc. (FONAI), is a not-for-profit and tax exempted under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS code. It is for scientific and educational purpose in the USA, Africa and the Caribbean.
For more information, please click here
Dr. Ejembi John Onah
Copyright © Focus Nanotechnology Africa Inc. (FONAI)
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
News and information
Engineers show light can play seesaw at the nanoscale: Discovery is another step toward faster and more energy-efficient optical devices for computation and communication September 22nd, 2014
New chip promising for tumor-targeting research September 22nd, 2014
Twisted graphene chills out: When two sheets of graphene are stacked in a special way, it is possible to cool down the graphene with a laser instead of heating it up, University of Manchester researchers have shown September 22nd, 2014
New star-shaped molecule breakthrough: Scientists at The University of Manchester have generated a new star-shaped molecule made up of interlocking rings, which is the most complex of its kind ever created September 22nd, 2014