- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
PI announces a new generation of 24-bit resolution, nanopositioning stage controllers. The controllers will enable better than 100 picometers command resolution for even the latest generation, long-travel, piezo nanopositioning systems (1 mm and up), such as the PIHera series closed-loop flexure stages. The use of 24-bit converters represents more than 2 orders of magnitude improvement over the still widely used 16-bit converters.
Piezo system specialist PI is switching to a new generation of 24-bit resolution, nanopositioning stage controllers. The new controllers will enable better than 100 picometers command resolution for even the latest generation, long-travel, piezo nanopositioning systems (1 mm and up), such as the PIHera™ series closed-loop flexure stages. The use of 24-bit converters represents more than 2 orders of magnitude improvement over the still widely used 16-bit converters.
USB Interface, 1 to 12 Channels, Many Variations
The new controllers feature a high speed USB interface and come in a variety of bench-top, rack-mount and OEM card versions from single-channel units for simple linear actuator applications, to multi-axis system controllers with 12 channels per rack.
Features and Advantages
- Integrated USB Interface, 24 bit converters for higher position resolution.
- Additional RS-232 interface for compatibility with industrial controllers
- Extensive software libraries & GUIs; support for LabView, Matlab, text-based programming languages
- Analog interface for compatibility with NI cards and analog control signals
- Network capability with up to 12 channels for multiaxis positioning applications
- Choice of position feedback sensors: capacitive for highest precision and piezoresistive / strain gauges for cost sensitive applications
- Integrated servo controller with notch filter for higher bandwidth
- User programmable data tables for random waveform generation
Extensive Software Support, Hardware-Independent Command Set
The new piezo controllers come with Windows installation software, DLLs and LabVIEW drivers. The extensive command set is based on the hardware-independent General Command Set (GCS), common to all PI micro & nanopositioning systems. GCS reduces the programming effort in the face of complex multi-axis positioning tasks or when upgrading a system with a different PI controller.
Datasheets & More Information:
For more information, please click here
Copyright © PIIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Distinguishing truth under the surface: electrostatic or mechanic December 31st, 2016
Nanomechanics Inc. Continues Growth in Revenue and Market Penetration: Leading nanoindentation company reports continued growth in revenues and distribution channels on national and international scales December 27th, 2016