- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/research/634b4a/future_food_and_dr) has announced the addition of the "Future Food and Drinks Packaging: Emerging Ethical, Food Safe and Convenient Formats" report to their offering.
Food and drinks packaging is in a period of rapid change; growth economies such as China and India are generating considerable opportunities for packaging manufacturers. In more mature economies, greater expendable income levels coupled with demographic shifts and a demise in cooking skills, have led to increased demand for more conveniently packaged food and drinks formats. A major force in packaging innovation is green packaging. This has been driven by legislation, combined with consumer and retailer pressure.
Future Food and Drinks Packaging is a new management report published by Business Insights that offers a comprehensive overview of the major trends within the packaging industry today. It profiles major innovations within food and drinks packaging, including the latest technologies and materials. It also delivers an overview of competitor activity and an assessment of the strength of trends and market forces moving forward.
Discover the key trends impacting the food and drinks packaging market and understand how these are changing packaging design with this new report...
This new report will enable you to...
* Gain insight into the most up to date packaging technologies including nanotechnology, natural polymers and edible coatings, and evaluate the pros and cons of these new packaging technologies and decide whether these may be appropriate for your organization.
* Enhance your product development strategies with this report's analysis of green, convenient and supply chain efficient packaged food and drinks product launches by region, category and material.
* Understand how regulations are influencing NPD and discover how competitors are responding to new challenges set by these regulations with this new report.
* Identify the key trends in food and drinks packaging and the impact that they are expected to have on the food and drinks market in the future.
Your questions answered...
* What major trends are impacting food and drinks packaging development?
* How are companies using green packaging materials to lend credibility to their ethical policies?
* What innovative materials are being used within food and drinks packaging?
* What has prompted the rise in tamper evident packaging and what could future tamper evident packaging legislation look like?
* How is nanotechnology being used in food and drinks packaging?
* What are the new innovations in supply chain efficient packaging?
* How has extended shelf life packaging impacted the food and drinks industry and what has it enabled?
Some key findings from this report...
* Innovation in packaging materials continues apace with particular development in green technologies such as packaging made from natural polymers and oxydegradable additives. In addition nanotechnology is now a key part of new material development. Nanotechnology can improve barrier qualities and make packaging lighter, stronger and more resistant to heat.
* Non-malicious food contamination is an international health concern. The World Health Organization estimates 3.2m children under the age of five die from food poisoning related illnesses each year. Innovative solutions to reduce the risk of non-malicious contamination are being developed by packaging manufacturers in the form of ‘Smart' and ‘Active' packaging.
* An ageing population in China, Japan, the US and Europe is driving demand for products suited to the older consumer, including easy grip and easy open packaging as well as smaller portion sizes for consumers with smaller appetites.
* Major retailers in Europe and the US have developed their own Corporate Responsibility Strategies and have set targets for the reduction in packaging waste. Wal-Mart has committed to a 5% reduction in packaging worldwide by 2013. UK retailer Marks & Spencer's, has committed to a 25% reduction in waste by 2012.
Key issues examined by this report...
* Environmental packaging regulations are heavily influencing packaging development in Europe and Japan. In Europe, Packaging Directive 2004/12/EC sets out recycling and recovery targets to be met by 2008. In Japan, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has enacted legislation based on the 3R's ethos (Reduce, Re-use, Recycle). As a result there are high levels of innovation in green packaging including lightweight and bio-based packaging materials.
* Emerging markets are spurring demand for packaging. As economies such as Eastern Europe, India, South America and China experience growth and average incomes increase, the demand for Western style packaged goods is increasing.
* Socio-demographic shifts are creating demand for more convenient packaging solutions. Ageing populations in the US, Europe and Japan are placing new demands on packaging design. Easy open, easy grip and smaller portion sizes are all being developed with ageing populations in mind. More fragmented family lives, the growth in the number of women working, growth in single person households and a loss of cooking skills are all contributing to increased demand for more conveniently packaged food formats.
Key Topics Covered:
Future Food and Drinks Packaging
The packaging market
Supply chain efficiency
Food safety packaging
Chapter 1 The packaging market
Chapter 2 Green packaging
Chapter 3 Supply chain efficiency
Chapter 4 Food safety packaging
Chapter 5 Convenient packaging
Chapter 6 New materials
Chapter 7 Conclusions
List of Figures
List of Tables
* DB Breweries
* Kool Aid
* Ocean Spray's
* QC Corps
* Roth Kase
* Seapoint Farms'
* Smurfit Kappa
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Detecting small metallic contaminants in food via magnetization: A practical metallic-contaminant detecting system using three high-Tc RF superconducting quantum interference devices (SQUIDs) July 29th, 2015
3D-printed 'smart cap' uses electronics to sense spoiled food July 20th, 2015