- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Who: Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
What: Opens New North American Headquarters
When: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 11:00 a.m. - approx. 2:00 p.m.
Where: One Corporation Way, Peabody, MA 01960
Why: Learn how the invention of a revolutionary new microscope by a small startup company in Peabody caused a billion dollar division of a world renowned German company to locate its North American headquarters in Massachusetts.
* A state-of-the-art Manufacturing Center for the world's newest breakthrough in microscope technology, the ORION™ helium ion microscope,
* The Carl Zeiss Nano Solutions Center Peabody, a comprehensive Applications Laboratory and Demo Center for the complete range of Carl Zeiss SMT instruments, and
* A Nano Ribbon Cutting ceremony - the smallest ribbon cutting in the history of the world!
Hear industry leaders share their views on the future of nanotechnology and microscopy:
* Dr. Eric Martin, Technical Director of Harvard University's Center for Nanoscale Systems,
* Dr. David C. Joy, Distinguished Professor, the University of Tennessee and Distinguished Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory,
* Dr. Michael T. Postek, Chief, Precision Engineering Division, Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology,
* Dr. Dirk Stenkamp, Member of the Board, Carl Zeiss SMT AG, and
* Frank Averdung, President of Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
About Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
Carl Zeiss SMT utilizes its globally leading know-how in light, electron and ion-optical technologies to offer its customers in the manufacturing industry and R&D a broad portfolio of products, services and application solutions. The market-leading systems and solutions from Carl Zeiss SMT are used in mutually strengthening fields of application in nanotechnology such as semiconductor technology, materials research and the life sciences. The global customer community is constantly growing.
As the innovation leader for lithography optics, as well as optical and particle-beam based inspection, analysis and measuring systems, Carl Zeiss SMT opens up new avenues for its customers in industrial manufacturing environments, quality assurance and industrial and university R&D. Together with its subsidiaries in Germany, England, France and the USA, the international group of companies has approximately 2,500 employees.
In fiscal year 2006/07, Carl Zeiss SMT AG generated revenues of over EUR one billion. Carl Zeiss SMT AG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Carl Zeiss AG.
For more information, please click here
Carl Zeiss SMT
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Albertan Science Lab Opens in India May 7th, 2016
SUNY Poly Partnership with Japan's New Energy and Industrial Development Organization Drives Investment in and Installation of Emerging ‘Green’ Technologies at World-Class 'Zero Energy Nano' Building March 22nd, 2016
Composite Pipe Long Term Testing Facility February 10th, 2016
FEI Launches Helios G4 DualBeam Series for Materials Science: The Helios G4 DualBeam Series features new capabilities to enable scientists and engineers to answer the most demanding and challenging scientific questions June 27th, 2016
Call for NanoArt and Art-Science-Technology Papers June 9th, 2016
Novel gene therapy shows potential for lung repair in asthma May 18th, 2016