- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Who: Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
What: Opens New North American Headquarters
When: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 11:00 a.m. - approx. 2:00 p.m.
Where: One Corporation Way, Peabody, MA 01960
Why: Learn how the invention of a revolutionary new microscope by a small startup company in Peabody caused a billion dollar division of a world renowned German company to locate its North American headquarters in Massachusetts.
* A state-of-the-art Manufacturing Center for the world's newest breakthrough in microscope technology, the ORION™ helium ion microscope,
* The Carl Zeiss Nano Solutions Center Peabody, a comprehensive Applications Laboratory and Demo Center for the complete range of Carl Zeiss SMT instruments, and
* A Nano Ribbon Cutting ceremony - the smallest ribbon cutting in the history of the world!
Hear industry leaders share their views on the future of nanotechnology and microscopy:
* Dr. Eric Martin, Technical Director of Harvard University's Center for Nanoscale Systems,
* Dr. David C. Joy, Distinguished Professor, the University of Tennessee and Distinguished Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory,
* Dr. Michael T. Postek, Chief, Precision Engineering Division, Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology,
* Dr. Dirk Stenkamp, Member of the Board, Carl Zeiss SMT AG, and
* Frank Averdung, President of Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
About Carl Zeiss SMT Inc.
Carl Zeiss SMT utilizes its globally leading know-how in light, electron and ion-optical technologies to offer its customers in the manufacturing industry and R&D a broad portfolio of products, services and application solutions. The market-leading systems and solutions from Carl Zeiss SMT are used in mutually strengthening fields of application in nanotechnology such as semiconductor technology, materials research and the life sciences. The global customer community is constantly growing.
As the innovation leader for lithography optics, as well as optical and particle-beam based inspection, analysis and measuring systems, Carl Zeiss SMT opens up new avenues for its customers in industrial manufacturing environments, quality assurance and industrial and university R&D. Together with its subsidiaries in Germany, England, France and the USA, the international group of companies has approximately 2,500 employees.
In fiscal year 2006/07, Carl Zeiss SMT AG generated revenues of over EUR one billion. Carl Zeiss SMT AG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Carl Zeiss AG.
For more information, please click here
Carl Zeiss SMT
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
“Cysteine Rose” Wins 2016 Thermo Fisher Scientific Electron Microscopy Image Contest: Thermo Fisher honors Andrea Jacassi of the Italian Institute of Technology for image of cysteine crystals using focused ion beam techniques March 27th, 2017
Portable superconductivity systems for small motors: Cambridge University lab achieves a breakthrough for portable superconductivity systems that are applicable for small motors, health care and other uses February 8th, 2017
New Agricultural Research Center Debuts at UCF October 12th, 2016
Nexeon Establishes Base in Asia October 11th, 2016
National Conference on Nanomaterials, (NCN-2017) April 21st, 2017
Nanomechanics, Inc. Unveils New Product at ICMCTF Show April 25th: Nanoindentation experts will launch the new Gemini that measures the interaction of two objects that are sliding across each other – not merely making contact April 21st, 2017
Forge Nano 2017: 1st Quarter Media Update April 20th, 2017