- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c86379) has announced the addition of Decision Resources report "Diagnostic Imaging Market: Recent Advances and Future Trends" to their offering.
Scientific and technological developments are making the field of diagnostic imaging a growth industry. In 2007, the U.S. market for diagnostic imaging technologies was valued at more than $7 billion, and it is expected to exceed $8 billion by 2011. There are several trends that companies must heed to enjoy success in this market.
Get the Answers You Need to Shape Your Strategy
Diagnostic imaging comprises five major modalities: magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, X-ray, computed tomography (CT), and nuclear medicine (i.e., single-photon-emission-computed tomography [SPECT] and positron-emission tomography [PET]). What is the value of each of these fields today, and what are their growth prospects through 2011?
- Opportunities for growth in the industry are varied. One area is the development of hybrid modalities to combat competition and provide a more comprehensive and accurate diagnostic image. What hybrids have been developed, and which ones are still at the development stage? What are their respective advantages in the clinic?
- The diagnostic imaging market faces two key challenges. What are these challenges, and how might the industry address them?
- The major diagnostic imaging modalities: magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, X ray, computed tomography (CT), and nuclear medicine (i.e., single-photon-emission-computed tomography [SPECT] and positron-emission tomography [PET]).
- Opportunities for industry growth: improving clinical applications, developing hybrid modalities, advances in information technology, and exploiting nanotechnology.
- The top three companies in the diagnostic imaging market: GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare Solutions, and Philips Medical Systems.
Overview of the Diagnostic Imaging Market
Key Diagnostic Imaging Technologies
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Nuclear Medicine Imaging
Opportunities for Industry Growth
Improving Clinical Applications
Developing Hybrid Modalities
Improving Imaging Agents
Advances in Information Technology
Picture Archiving and Communication System
Key Challenges Faced by the Industry
Issues of Reimbursement
More Approvals for Tracer Agents
Siemens Medical Solutions
Philips Medical Systems
Appendix A. Imaging Agents in Clinical Development
1. Advantages and Disadvantages of Major Diagnostic Imaging Modalities
2. Select 99mTc Radiopharmaceuticals in Clinical Application
3. Diagnostic Imaging Collaborations of GE Healthcare, 2000-Present
4. Diagnostic Imaging Collaborations of Siemens Medical Solutions, 2000-Present
5. Diagnostic Imaging Collaborations of Philips Medical Systems, 2000-Present
6. Trends That Companies Should Heed for Future Success
1. The U.S. Diagnostic Imaging Market, 2005-2011
2. Market Value of Major Diagnostic Imaging Modalities, United States, 2005-2011
3. Clinical Applications of Diagnostic Imaging Techniques
4. Worldwide Revenues for Imaging Agents, 2007-2012
5. Leading Companies in the U.S. Diagnostic Imaging Market, 2006
6. Comparison of Leading Companies by Diagnostic Imaging Modality, United States,
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business Wire 2008If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
News and information
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
FEI Launches Helios G4 DualBeam Series for Materials Science: The Helios G4 DualBeam Series features new capabilities to enable scientists and engineers to answer the most demanding and challenging scientific questions June 27th, 2016