- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
3rd in a series of nanotechnology reviews
Nanotechnology Victoria (NanoVic) and AZoNetwork are pleased to release the third in a series of Nanotechnology Reviews in a Podcast format.
This third Podcast titled "Commercialization of Nanotechnology" features key stakeholders discussing the crucial issues around how nanotechnology can be taken from research and development and translated into successful commercial outcomes.
Dr Peter Binks, CEO of NanoVic (Melbourne) and podcast interviewee commented, "Nanotechnology has moved from the research laboratory into the domain of product development over the last two years. It is now an investment proposition, and faces the challenges of any new venture in an uncertain market.
This podcast is very timely. Five of the investment managers, advisors and portfolio managers give their candid views on what nanotechnology investments are like, and what features successful investments must have. This provides a useful perspective for anyone considering investment in this new field, or sponsoring a development trying to make its way in the market"
Dr Ian Birkby, the CEO of AZoNetwork (Sydney), the operator of the AZoNano.com website commented, "The commercialization of nanotechnology provides real opportunities but there are questions as to whether nanotechnology requires a different model. This podcast gives people considering commercialization real insights into different approaches and advice from players who are in different stages of the nanotechnology investment cycle."
The podcast features interviews with:
* Dr Peter Binks, CEO of Nanotechnology Victoria (NanoVic) on the role NanoVic plays in their commercialization process and an insight into the role of governments in Australia;
* Dr Greg Smith, founder of SciVentures, an early stage venture capital investor who is keen to see passion in the eyes of his investees;
* Dr. Paul McCormack, CEO of Perth based Advanced Nanotechnology, on the experience of taking nanotechnology research from the laboratory at the University of Western Australia to a listing on the Australian Stock exchange;
* Dr Calum Drummond, Chief of the Division of Materials Science and Engineering at the Australia Government laboratory CSIRO, on the process of spinning out knowledge and IP from CSIRO into CAP-XX, a world leading producer of super capacitors;
* Dr John Kapeleris, Deputy CEO of the Australian Institute of Commercialisation on ways nanotechnology commercialisation can be supported; and
* Ms Tina Rankovic, CEO of the Australian Nano Business Forum, on the outlook for the nanotechnology industry in Australia.
AZoNetwork owns and operates The A to Z of Building, The A to Z of Materials, The A to Z of Nanotechnology, and the A to Z of medical news.
Based in Sydney Australia the company was founded in April 2000 and currently serves over 2.4 million monthly visitors sessions from the engineering, science, construction and medical sectors.
About Nanotechnology Victoria ( NanoVic)
Nanotechnology Victoria Ltd (Melbourne Australia) is a nanotechnology commercialization company with funding from the Victorian Government and contributions from RMIT, Swinburne University and Monash University. It has a portfolio of investments and licenses in nanomaterials and bionano developments, and is a leading contributor to education and public awareness of nanotechnology in Australia.
For more information, please click here
Dr. Kristin Alford
Bridge8 Pty Ltd (for Nanotechnology Victoria)
PH: +61 410 442 629
Copyright © AZoNetworkIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
ATTOPSEMI Technology Joins FDXcelerator Program to Deliver Advanced Non-Volatile Memory IP to GLOBALFOUNDRIES 22 FDX® Technology Platform: Leading-edge I-fuse™ brings higher reliability, smaller cell size and ease of programmability for consumer, automotive, and IoT applications March 27th, 2017
Leti and HORIBA Scientific to Host Webinar on Ultrafast Characterization Tool: Plasma Profiling Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer Tool Cuts Optimization Time In Layer Deposition and Fabrication of Wide Range of Applications March 27th, 2017
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers