- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c74348 ) has announced the addition of "Nan scale: Issues and Perspectives for the Niño Century" to their offering.
With more and more frequency, nanotechnology is being offered to the American public as a transformative technology, with the potential to improve every aspect of our social, physical, and economic well-being. As a result, it is vital to address the ethical, legal and social issues that have been raised, in an effort to ensure early awareness of problems and to further educate the public (in the process, aiding the cultural acceptance of the technology and lowering the perception of risk).
Establishing an effective process for identifying and understanding the broad implications of nanotechnology for society will play a central role in making nanotechnology a success, as it will certainly affect the decisions of policymakers and regulatory agencies alike.
This book examines these very issues; with perspectives from professionals in a wide variety of industries, it explores the present and potential impact of Nan scale science and technology on ethical, legal, policy, business, and wider social issues.
Because truly transformative technologies have far-reaching consequences, they always generate controversy. Establishing an effective process for identifying and understanding the broad implications of nanotechnology will advance its acceptance and success, impact the decisions of policymakers and regulatory agencies, and facilitate the development of judicious policy approaches to new technology options.
Nan scale: Issues and Perspectives for the Niño Century addresses the emerging ethical, legal, policy, business, and social issues. A compilation of provocative treatises, this reference:
* Covers an area of increasing research and funding
* Organizes topics in four sections: Policy and Perspectives; Niño Law and Regulation; Nanomedicine, Ethics, and the Human Condition; and Niño and Society: The NELSI Imperative
* Presents differing perspectives, with views from nanotechnology's most ardent supporters as well as its most vocal critics
* Includes contributions from professionals in a variety of industries and disciplines, including science, law, ethics, business, health and safety, government regulation, and policy
This is a core reference for professionals dealing with nanotechnology, including scientists from academia and industry, policy makers, ethicists and social scientists, safety and risk assessment professionals, investors, and others. It is also an excellent text for students in fields that involve nanotechnology.
PART I: THE NANOSPHERE: POLICY AND PERSPECTIVES.
1. The View from Congress (Mike Honda, Brad Sherman, David Weldon,
and Marty Spitzer).
2. Nanotechnology and the Two Faces of Risk from a Reinsurance
Perspective (Annabelle Hett).
3. Ethics, Policy, and the National Nanotechnology Initiative: The
U.S.-EU Debate on Converging Technologies (Nigel M. de S. Cameron).
4. Scientific Promise: Reflections on Nino-hype (M. Ellen Mitchell).
5. Beyond Human Nature: The Debate Over Genetic and Nanotechnological
Enhancement (James Hughes).
6. Nanotechnology Jumps the Gun: Nanoparticles in Consumer Products
7. Nanotechnology: Maximizing Benefits, Minimizing Downsides (Jacob
Heller and Christine Peterson).
8. Reasoning About the Future of Nanotechnology (Ruthanna Gordon).
9. Nanotechnology: A Call for a Rational Dialogue (Jerry Collins).
10. Technological Revolutions: Ethics and Policy in the Dark (Nick
PART II: NANO LAW AND REGULATION.
11. Regulating Nanotechnology: A Vicious Circle (Sonia E. Miller).
12. European Approaches to Nanoregulation (Trudy A. Phelps).
13. The Potential Environmental Hazards of Nanotechnology and the
Applicability of Existing Law (George A. Kimbrell).
14. Nanotechnology and the Intellectual Property Landscape (Julie
Burger, Marianne Timm, and Lori Andrews).
15. Patenting Trends in Nanotechnology (Jessica Fender).
PART III: NANOMEDICINE, ETHICS AND THE HUMAN CONDITION.
16. Toward Nanoethics (Nigel M. de S. Cameron).
17. Anticipating the Impact of Nino-Science and Technology in Health
Care (Debra Bennett-Woods).
18. Doing Small Things Well: Translating Nanotechnology into
Nanomedicine (William Cheshire).
19. Nanotechnology and the Future of Medicine (C. Christopher Hook).
PART IV: NANO AND SOCIETY: THE NELSI IMPERATIVE.
20. The Importance of NELSI (Michele Mekel and Nigel M. de S.
21. The Centre for Nanotechnology in Society at Arizona State
University and the Prospects for Anticipatory Governance (David H.
22. The International Council on Nanotechnology: A New Model of
Engagement (Kristen M. Kulinowski).
23. From the Lab to the Marketplace: Managing Nanotechnology
Responsibly (Vivian Weil).
24. Nanotechnology and the Global Future: Points to Consider for
Policymakers (Nigel M. de S. Cameron).
Nanoethics: Examining the Societal Impact of Nanotechnology (Vicki
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
Copyright © Business Wire 2007If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
PETA science consortium to present at Society for Risk Analysis meeting December 10th, 2014
Scientists disagree on responsible research April 8th, 2014
Stretching the limits on conducting wires July 25th, 2015
Nanopaper as an optical sensing platform July 23rd, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers