Home > Press > NanoMarkets Releases White Paper on OLED Lighting Market Opportunities
-- NanoMarkets, an industry analyst firm based here has published a new white paper that discusses the market opportunities for OLED lighting. The paper was drawn from a report released in Q3 of 2007. The paper can be downloaded from the firm's website. There is no cost to access the paper.
NanoMarkets Releases White Paper on OLED Lighting Market Opportunities
GLEN ALLEN, VA | Posted on November 1st, 2007
Positioning OLED Lighting for Success:
NanoMarkets believes that Organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) will play a major role in lighting applications in the future, but how soon this future arrives and how deeply the devices penetrate will depend on a number of factors. In a recent report NanoMarkets predicted that in the long term, the economies of roll-to-roll manufacturing will establish OLED and other printable technologies as major players in mainstream lighting applications. In the short term, innovative designers will have to find ways to put their unique characteristics to clever use in niche and specialty applications. NanoMarkets' paper also mentions that while OLED's share of the overall market is virtually nothing in 2007, OLED lamps are expected to capture about 20% of the printed lighting market within one year and by 2009 will represent almost 50% of the total market. NanoMarkets predicts, further, that OLEDs will represent about $443 million of the overall $619 million lighting market in 2010, a share of over 70%.
About the report:
NanoMarkets' report, "Emerging Markets for OLED and Printed Lighting" provides a complete analysis of the commercial opportunities for electroluminescent, nanotube and OLED lighting used for backlighting, general illumination, specialty/architectural lighting, vehicular lighting, signage and niche applications. It also includes detailed eight-year (volume and value) forecasts of these markets for as well as strategic profiles of all the leading firms developing and marketing this emerging technology, as well as the activities of government funded projects in the U.S. and Europe. Among the firms mentioned in the report are AU Optronics, Applied Nanotech, Avery Dennison, CDT, Canon, Delta Electronics, DuPont, Kodak, Elumin8, General Electric, Idemitsu Kosan, ISE/Noritake, Konica Minolta, Merck, Mitsui, Nippon Printing, Nippon Steel, Novaled, Osram , Pelikon, Philips, Rogers Corp., Samsung, Seiko Epson, Shimane Masuda, Sumation, Sumitomo, Toppan Printing, Toshiba-Matsushita, Universal Display and Vitex Systems
NanoMarkets tracks and analyzes emerging market opportunities in electronics created by developments in advanced materials. The firm has published numerous reports related to organic, thin film and printable electronics materials and applications. The firm also publishes a blog found at http://www.nanotopblog.com/ .
For more information, please click here
PO Box 3840
Glen Allen, VA 23058
Copyright © PR Newswire Association LLC.
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Display technology/LEDs/SS Lighting/OLEDs
New nanowire structure absorbs light efficiently: Dual-type nanowire arrays can be used in applications such as LEDs and solar cells February 25th, 2015
QD Vision Named Edison Award Finalist for Innovative Color IQ™ Quantum Dot Technology February 23rd, 2015
JunPus launched high-performance thermal grease for LED February 20th, 2015
Penn researchers develop new technique for making molybdenum disulfide: Extra control over monolayer material with advantages over graphene February 19th, 2015
Imec, Murata, and Huawei Introduce Breakthrough Solution for TX-to-RX Isolation in Reconfigurable, Multiband Front-End Modules for Mobile Phones: Electrical-Balance Duplexers Pave the Way to Integrated Solution for TX-to-RX Isolation March 1st, 2015
Imec Demonstrates Compact Wavelength-Division Multiplexing CMOS Silicon Photonics Transceiver March 1st, 2015
onic Present breakthrough in CMOS-based Transceivers for mm-Wave Radar Systems March 1st, 2015
Graphene Shows Promise In Eradication Of Stem Cancer Cells March 1st, 2015
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers
Novel Method to Determine Optical Purity of Drug Components March 1st, 2015
Moving molecule writes letters: Caging of molecules allows investigation of equilibrium thermodynamics February 27th, 2015
Untangling DNA with a droplet of water, a pipet and a polymer: With the 'rolling droplet technique,' a DNA-injected water droplet rolls like a ball over a platelet, sticking the DNA to the plate surface February 27th, 2015
Graphene shows potential as novel anti-cancer therapeutic strategy: University of Manchester scientists have used graphene to target and neutralise cancer stem cells while not harming other cells February 26th, 2015