- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
|Mike Dinallo and Larry Schneider (left) prepare to employ the PASD diagnostic on a wiring bundle in the cockpit of a retired Boeing 737 at Sandia’s FAA Airworthiness Assurance NDI Validation Center. (Photo by Randy Montoya)|
Researchers at Sandia National Laboratories and their collaborators have received five R&D 100 Awards, which are presented by R&D Magazine in recognition of the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace over the past year.
Including these five, Sandia has accumulated a total of 80 R&D 100 Awards since 1976.
Sandia is a National Nuclear Security Administration laboratory.
"Once again, DOE's labs are at the cutting edge of innovation with new technology developments to enhance America's economic and national security," U.S. Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman said. "My heartiest congratulations to the DOE researchers and scientists that have won R&D Magazine's prestigious awards this year."
Sandia technologies cited this year by R&D Magazine are:
* ArcSafe© with Pulsed Arrested Spark Discharge, a patented electrical wiring diagnostic effective in detecting and locating wiring insulation defects in commercial aircraft;
* Mode-Filtered Fiber Amplifier, a breakthrough technology that enables fabrication of practical, high-power, high-beam-quality laser sources that are compact, rugged, and extremely efficient.
* Novint Falcon and Novint/Sandia 3D-Touch Software (joint), the first controller that makes high-fidelity interactive three-dimensional touch possible and practical for consumer computing applications.
* Self-Assembling Process for Fabricating Tailored Thin Films, is a simple, economical nanotechnology coating process that enables development of nanoparticle thin films with architectures and properties unattainable by any other processing method.
* ElectroNeedle™ Biomedical Sensor Array, a device that, when pressed against the skin, can make rapid, multiplexed diagnostic measurements in a point-of-care setting.
"The R&D 100 Awards are an important metric of Sandia's success in impacting the nation through our discovery and innovation," says Sandia Chief Technology Officer Rick Stulen. "They also serve a key role in demonstrating to industry that Sandia is an eager partner in technology maturation."
To see Sandia's complete list of R&D Awards click on:
About Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration. Sandia has major R&D responsibilities in national security, energy and environmental technologies, and economic competitiveness.
For more information, please click here
Copyright © Sandia National LaboratoriesIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
In-cell molecular sieve from protein crystal February 14th, 2017
Synthetic nanoparticles achieve the complexity of protein molecules: Study published in Science reveals the structure of the largest gold nanoparticles to-date and the self-assembly mechanisms behind their formation January 25th, 2017
Self-assembling particles brighten future of LED lighting January 18th, 2017
Manchester scientists tie the tightest knot ever achieved January 13th, 2017
Tiny nanoclusters could solve big problems for lithium-ion batteries February 21st, 2017
Breakthrough with a chain of gold atoms: In the field of nanoscience, an international team of physicists with participants from Konstanz has achieved a breakthrough in understanding heat transport February 20th, 2017