Home > Press > Sandia receives five R&D 100 Awards
|Mike Dinallo and Larry Schneider (left) prepare to employ the PASD diagnostic on a wiring bundle in the cockpit of a retired Boeing 737 at Sandia’s FAA Airworthiness Assurance NDI Validation Center. (Photo by Randy Montoya)|
Researchers at Sandia National Laboratories and their collaborators have received five R&D 100 Awards, which are presented by R&D Magazine in recognition of the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace over the past year.
Sandia receives five R&D 100 Awards
ALBUQUERQUE, NM | Posted on July 8th, 2007
Including these five, Sandia has accumulated a total of 80 R&D 100 Awards since 1976.
Sandia is a National Nuclear Security Administration laboratory.
"Once again, DOE's labs are at the cutting edge of innovation with new technology developments to enhance America's economic and national security," U.S. Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman said. "My heartiest congratulations to the DOE researchers and scientists that have won R&D Magazine's prestigious awards this year."
Sandia technologies cited this year by R&D Magazine are:
* ArcSafe© with Pulsed Arrested Spark Discharge, a patented electrical wiring diagnostic effective in detecting and locating wiring insulation defects in commercial aircraft;
* Mode-Filtered Fiber Amplifier, a breakthrough technology that enables fabrication of practical, high-power, high-beam-quality laser sources that are compact, rugged, and extremely efficient.
* Novint Falcon and Novint/Sandia 3D-Touch Software (joint), the first controller that makes high-fidelity interactive three-dimensional touch possible and practical for consumer computing applications.
* Self-Assembling Process for Fabricating Tailored Thin Films, is a simple, economical nanotechnology coating process that enables development of nanoparticle thin films with architectures and properties unattainable by any other processing method.
* ElectroNeedle™ Biomedical Sensor Array, a device that, when pressed against the skin, can make rapid, multiplexed diagnostic measurements in a point-of-care setting.
"The R&D 100 Awards are an important metric of Sandia's success in impacting the nation through our discovery and innovation," says Sandia Chief Technology Officer Rick Stulen. "They also serve a key role in demonstrating to industry that Sandia is an eager partner in technology maturation."
To see Sandia's complete list of R&D Awards click on:
About Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration. Sandia has major R&D responsibilities in national security, energy and environmental technologies, and economic competitiveness.
For more information, please click here
Copyright © Sandia National Laboratories
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Roomy cages built from DNA: Self-assembling cages are the largest standalone 3-D DNA structures yet, and could one day deliver drugs, or house tiny bioreactors or photonic devices March 13th, 2014
Cypress’s TrueTouch® Touchscreen Controllers Compatible with Cima NanoTech’s SANTE® Silver Nanoparticle-Based Touch Sensors: Supporting Designs for Advanced Touch Applications March 5th, 2014
Coupled carbon and peptide nanotubes achieved for the first time: twins nanotubes March 1st, 2014
A potentially revolutionnary material: Scientists produce a novel form of artificial graphene February 15th, 2014
Iranian Researchers Present New Model to Strengthen Superconductivity at Higher Temperatures April 19th, 2014
Iranian Researchers Produce New Anti-Cancer Drug from Turmeric April 19th, 2014
'Exotic' material is like a switch when super thin April 18th, 2014
Innovative strategy to facilitate organ repair April 18th, 2014
Energy Research Facility Construction Project at Brookhaven Lab Wins U.S. Energy Secretary's Achievement Award April 16th, 2014
IDTechEx Printed Electronics Europe 2014 Award Winners April 1st, 2014
Dais Analytic Wins SBIR Grant: Dais Analytic Receives US Army Small Business Innovation Research Grant to Further Its Demonstrated Successes in Cleaning Most Forms of Wastewater March 28th, 2014
Scientists develop world’s first light-activated antimicrobial surface that also works in the dark March 24th, 2014