Home > Press > Sandia receives five R&D 100 Awards
|Mike Dinallo and Larry Schneider (left) prepare to employ the PASD diagnostic on a wiring bundle in the cockpit of a retired Boeing 737 at Sandia’s FAA Airworthiness Assurance NDI Validation Center. (Photo by Randy Montoya)|
Researchers at Sandia National Laboratories and their collaborators have received five R&D 100 Awards, which are presented by R&D Magazine in recognition of the 100 most technologically significant products introduced into the marketplace over the past year.
Sandia receives five R&D 100 Awards
ALBUQUERQUE, NM | Posted on July 8th, 2007
Including these five, Sandia has accumulated a total of 80 R&D 100 Awards since 1976.
Sandia is a National Nuclear Security Administration laboratory.
"Once again, DOE's labs are at the cutting edge of innovation with new technology developments to enhance America's economic and national security," U.S. Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman said. "My heartiest congratulations to the DOE researchers and scientists that have won R&D Magazine's prestigious awards this year."
Sandia technologies cited this year by R&D Magazine are:
* ArcSafe© with Pulsed Arrested Spark Discharge, a patented electrical wiring diagnostic effective in detecting and locating wiring insulation defects in commercial aircraft;
* Mode-Filtered Fiber Amplifier, a breakthrough technology that enables fabrication of practical, high-power, high-beam-quality laser sources that are compact, rugged, and extremely efficient.
* Novint Falcon and Novint/Sandia 3D-Touch Software (joint), the first controller that makes high-fidelity interactive three-dimensional touch possible and practical for consumer computing applications.
* Self-Assembling Process for Fabricating Tailored Thin Films, is a simple, economical nanotechnology coating process that enables development of nanoparticle thin films with architectures and properties unattainable by any other processing method.
* ElectroNeedle™ Biomedical Sensor Array, a device that, when pressed against the skin, can make rapid, multiplexed diagnostic measurements in a point-of-care setting.
"The R&D 100 Awards are an important metric of Sandia's success in impacting the nation through our discovery and innovation," says Sandia Chief Technology Officer Rick Stulen. "They also serve a key role in demonstrating to industry that Sandia is an eager partner in technology maturation."
To see Sandia's complete list of R&D Awards click on:
About Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration. Sandia has major R&D responsibilities in national security, energy and environmental technologies, and economic competitiveness.
For more information, please click here
Copyright © Sandia National Laboratories
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Nanocubes Get in a Twist : Competing forces coax nanocubes into helical structures August 11th, 2014
Self-assembly of gold nanoparticles into small clusters August 4th, 2014
Carnegie Mellon Chemists Create Nanofibers Using Unprecedented New Method July 31st, 2014
Berkeley Lab researchers create nanoparticle thin films that self-assemble in 1 minute June 9th, 2014
The thunder god vine, assisted by nanotechnology, could shake up future cancer treatment: Targeted therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma using nanotechnology August 27th, 2014
Creation of a Highly Efficient Technique to Develop Low-Friction Materials Which Are Drawing Attention in Association with Energy Issues August 26th, 2014
Competition for Graphene: Berkeley Lab Researchers Demonstrate Ultrafast Charge Transfer in New Family of 2D Semiconductors August 26th, 2014
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators leads to magnificent laser-like light emission August 26th, 2014
Rice physicist emerges as leader in quantum materials research: Nevidomskyy wins both NSF CAREER Award and Cottrell Scholar Award August 20th, 2014
Oxford Instruments Asylum Research Receives the 2014 Microscopy Today Innovation Award for blueDrive Photothermal Excitation August 18th, 2014
AQUANOVA receives Technology Leadership Award 2014 FROST & SULLIVAN honors NovaSOL® Technology again August 12th, 2014
Focal blood-brain-barrier disruption with high-frequency pulsed electric fields August 12th, 2014