- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c61764 ) announces the addition of new Frost & Sullivan report World Microscopes Markets to their offering.
The World microscopes market is segmented into light microscopes, electron microscopes and scanning probe microscopes markets. Each segment is further divided into various sub-segments. The report discusses current issues facing the market, revenue and distribution forecasts, market and technology trends, and competitive analysis. Challenges and strategies specific to each segment are discussed at the total level.
The following technologies are covered in this research:
- Light Microscopes: The light microscope is the simplest and most widely used of microscopes and views objects through the use of visible wavelengths of light. There have been advances in optics and lens technologies as a result of computerization, which is helping microscope manufacturers to produce lenses with less distortion, higher resolution, and greater color rendition, allowing for greater precision in imaging quality.
- Electron Microscope: Electron Microscope uses a beam of highly energetic electrons to examine objects on a very fine scale. While the scanning electron microscope can be used to inspect the surface structure of the sample using the characteristic three-dimensional appearance of the images, the transmission electron microscope uses an imaging technique wherein a beam of electrons is transmitted through a sample, and the resulting image is magnified and directed to appear on a fluorescent screen or a photographic film.
- Scanning Probe Microscope: This is one where the microscope forms images of surfaces using a physical probe that scans the specimen. The types of scanning probe microscopes include atomic force microscopes, scanning tunneling microscope, and near-field scanning optical microscope.
Expert Frost & Sullivan analysts thoroughly examine the following market sectors in this research:
- Light Microscopes
- Electron Microscopes
- Scanning Probe Microscopes
1. Executive Summary
2. Total World Microscopes Markets
3. Light Microscopes Market
4. Electron Microscopes Market
5. Scanning Probe Microscopes Market
List of Figures
Markets for Electron and Scanning Probe Microscopes Seeing Considerable Growth
While the light microscopes market approaches maturity, the market for electron and scanning probe microscopes markets are set to grow at a good pace as nanotechnology applications in bioscience and material sciences research are expected to boost demand for microscopic imaging and analysis systems. In addition, a large spectrum of emerging end-user opportunities in biosciences and genome research are further driving the market for such kinds of microscopes. In a market that is operating at a high level of competency, it has become imperative that companies redefine their strategies to provide customers with instruments that are reliable and easy to operate. Proactive monitoring of evolving requirements of customers will also go a long way in achieving the company's growth objective.
In terms of market restraints, the slow rate of technical change remains a critical impediment to the market's growth. "Although certain microscopy techniques are still much sought after in several biological, scientific, and academic research applications, physical limitations to their improvement could lead to alternative techniques capturing a major portion of the demand in the long run," notes the analyst of this research service." The need for faster and more accurate analysis in research and other emerging applications has led to other techniques such as spectroscopy becoming more prominent."
Increasing Demand from Asia Pacific Regions Boosts Overall Growth
Deregulation and liberalization of many of the countries in the Asia Pacific region have opened up potential opportunities for microscopes in several end-user industries. The region is witnessing a greater need for effective microscopy techniques, particularly with the progressive shift of manufacturing facilities in the semiconductor manufacturing and electronics industries to the Asia Pacific countries such as China, India, Taiwan, and Thailand. Furthermore, a greater focus on quality levels in industrial and biological research activities has prompted demand for effective and advanced microscopy techniques. The impact of this driver is likely to be high in the short term and is expected to sustain through the forecast period.
Among the regional markets, the Asia Pacific market remains the largest one for microscopes, accounting for a share of 46.9 percent in 2006. North America represents the second largest geographic segment with a share of 26.7 percent in 2006, while the European region had a share of 22.2 percent in 2006. "While focus on specific segments is necessary to gain domain expertise and greater market association with specific end-user segment, companies also have to diversify their product portfolio and provide additional capabilities and functionalities in their systems to cater to the needs of various other end-user segments," says the analyst. "This holds significant importance in the microscopes market since there are a limited number of end-user industries at present."
About Research and Markets
We are the leading source for international market research and market data. We hold ‘000’s of major research publications from most of the leading publishers, consultants and analysts. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
We are a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for market research reports and industry newsletters from specialist research firms and niche market analysts.
For more information, please click here
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
Fax: +353 1-4100-980
Copyright © Business Wire 2007If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
Interviews/Book Reviews/Essays/Reports/Podcasts/Journals/White papers