- About Us
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Dr. Niro Ramachandran of Harvard Institute of Proteomics Will Be the First Featured in Lumera Podcast Series
Lumera Corporation (NASDAQ:LMRA), a leader in the emerging field of nanotechnology, announced today it would host a series of podcast interviews with industry leaders who are familiar with Lumera's technology and are experts in nanotechnology, bio-arrays, drug discovery, electro-optics, and wireless technologies.
Dr. Niro Ramachandran, a research associate at the Harvard Institute of Proteomics led by Dr. Josh LaBaer, will be the first individual featured in the Lumera podcasting series. Ramachandran is an expert in next generation drug discovery and diagnostics and is one of the early beta users of Lumera's ProteomicProcessor™ instrument. Dr. Ramachandran's podcast will be available to download on Wednesday, April 18, 2007.
"While we have been studying hundreds of thousands of data points at a time, what we have lacked is a resolution of the data," said Ramachandran in his podcast interview. "What the Lumera machine essentially allows us to now do is to measure reactions in real time to see two proteins actually touching each other and how fast they come into contact and how fast they separate. That kind of information tells us a lot about proteins, their interaction and behavior, and the likelihood of what we can expect to happen in a cell."
The podcasts will be available through a variety of distribution networks and can be downloaded among other places at podtech.com, Apple's iTunes, Rocky Mountain Podcasting, and at Lumera's own website, http://www.lumera.com/Company/Podcasts.php.
"Many of Lumera's products and services have taken years of research and required validation at the highest level of science," commented Lumera Chief Executive Officer Tom Mino. "We frequently are asked by business prospects, investors, and potential partners for points of validation by those who know us best. This series of interviews with scientific giants who are influencing the billion dollar industries that Lumera is pursuing will shed light on the industries and Lumera's involvement and potential."
Other individuals who will be featured in the Lumera Podcasting series include:
* Dr. Larry Dalton, a distinguished professor at the University of Washington who pioneered the electro-optic polymer technology, which is the foundation of Lumera's photonic modulators. He is the recipient of numerous prestigious scientific awards, and our scientists are fortunate to have a working relationship with a giant in this field.
* Panos Lekkas, an expert in wireless security and high speed wireless communications systems development.
* Dr. Chris Lausted, senior research engineer at the Institute for Systems Biology (founded by Dr. Leroy Hood, the inventor of the DNA and protein sequencer and synthesizer). Lausted was one of the earliest users of Lumera's ProteomicProcessor™ and recently made an important breakthrough in his research on identifying a novel biomarker panel associated with liver toxicity.
* Dr. Craig Beeson, who is an associate professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Medical University of South Carolina and beta user of Lumera's ProteomicProcessor™.
* Others include: Dr. Jonathan Wells, wireless communications expert and former product manager at GigaBeam; Kimberly Trapp, Industry Liaison Officer of Lehigh University's Center of Optical Technologies; Dr. Joseph Vallner, President and CEO of Capnia, a private company developing therapeutic products using a proprietary medical gas delivery system; Dr. Charlie Campbell, professor of chemistry at the University of Washington and Co-Director of PNNL and the Univ. of Washington's Joint Institute for Nanoscience; and Dr. Sam Gambhir, a pre-eminent researcher and professor at Stanford University who was featured in "The End of Medicine," a book documenting the revolutionary developments and the future of medicine.
"We believe the Lumera Podcasting Series will be an excellent way to update those with an interest in Lumera about the vitality and validation of the work that is underway within the company and the exciting industries where Lumera is taking an active role," said Dr. Hélčne Jaillet, Lumera's Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications.
About Lumera Corporation
Lumera is a leader in the emerging field of nanotechnology. The company designs proprietary molecular structures and polymer compounds for the bioscience and communications/computing industries, both of which represent large market opportunities. The company also has developed proprietary processes for fabricating such devices. For more information, please visit http://www.lumera.com .
Certain statements contained in this release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the company's forward-looking statements include the following: market acceptance of our technologies and products; our ability to obtain financing; our financial and technical resources relative to those of our competitors; our ability to keep up with rapid technological change; government regulation of our technologies; our ability to enforce our intellectual property rights and protect our proprietary technologies; the ability to obtain additional contract awards and to develop partnership opportunities; the timing of commercial product launches; the ability to achieve key technical milestones in key products; and other risk factors identified from time to time in the company's SEC reports, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K, and its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
For more information, please click here
Dr. Helene Jaillet, 425-398-6546
The Summit Group Communications
Todd Wolfenbarger, 801-595-1155
Copyright © Business Wire 2007If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|