Home > Press > Multi-Functional Trend Defines 21st Century Clothing
Because Just Looking Good Is Superficial
Multi-Functional Trend Defines 21st Century Clothing
OAKLAND, CA | Posted on April 17th, 2007
When it comes to 21st century clothing, one purpose is not enough. Today's consumers want more from their clothes, and the proliferation of dual- and multi-purpose apparel in the marketplace indicates that clothing manufacturers are paying attention.
Today, clothing is so much more than the shirt you wear on your back. Modern apparel has a cause ranging from charitable, with sale proceeds to help fight HIV/AIDS; environmental, through sustainable practices and organic materials; and practical, with treatments to resist spills, fight static and regulate body temperature.
Oakland, California-based Nano-Tex, for example, uses the latest technology to incorporate superior performance characteristics into a wide variety of casual and designers clothing. Renee DeLack Hultin of Nano-Tex commented, "The entire textile industry has made a dramatic shift in the last five years, incorporating enhancements into every area consumers have fabric in their lives from the sheets on their bed to designer men's suits."
* Wrinkle-free dress shirts look good but they trap moisture - until now. JoS. A. Bank keeps their customers cool and comfortable by incorporating Nano-Tex Coolest Comfort technology in their wrinkle-free Traveler Short Sleeve Sport Shirts, which are designed to wick moisture from the skin.
* Can a hoodie really help make a difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa? Gap (PRODUCT) REDTM is out to prove it can. As a global partner of (PRODUCT) RED, Gap is contributing half the profits from Gap (PRODUCT) RED sales to the Global Fund to help women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa.
* Peppermint is said to do everything from energize and relieve mental fatigue to stimulate circulation and sooth dry skin - which makes it a natural workout scent. Recently, Reebok announced their new Reebok® Scented Seamless Short Bra Top which offers a fresh peppermint scent as heat begins to generate during exercise.
* Gone are the days of throwing your tie over your shoulder while eating in an effort to keep it stain-free. Brooks Brothers offers men the option of purchasing 100% silk ties treated with Nano-Tex Resists Spills fabric enhancement. The treatment doesn't change the look or feel of the fabric, but liquids such as red wine and coffee bead up and roll right off.
* Bamboo fabric has a texture similar to silk, is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic, and is quick to absorb moisture. Is it any wonder Dreamsack, a provider of natural apparel and home products made from a variety of fibers including silk, soy and cashmere, recently launched Bamboo Dreams™, a line of loungewear, sleepwear, and yoga wear made from 95% bamboo/5% spandex.
* Lands End new permanent anti-static ThermaCheck fleece for men, woman and children keep static, lint and pet hair at bay. Made with Nano-Tex Resists Static technology, it makes dryer sheets obsolete.
Nano-Tex is a leading fabric innovation company providing nanotechnology-based textile enhancements to the apparel and commercial and residential interiors markets. Nano-Tex is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with operations across the United States, Asia and Europe. To date, more than 80 textile mills worldwide are utilizing Nano-Tex treatments in products sold by more than 100 leading apparel and commercial interior brands. Products with Nano-Tex enhancements are sold throughout North America, Asia and Europe.
For more information, please click here
Lisa Phillips, 415-863-4900 ext. 207
Copyright © Business Wire 2007
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
HZO Teams With Deutsche Telekom to Unveil the Waterproof Tolino Vision 2 eReader: The New HZO Protected eReader Ushers in a New Era of Waterproof Electronics, Providing a Seamless User Experience Without the Risk of Using Port Doors and Mechanical Seals October 10th, 2014
7th Nanotechnology Festival, Exhibition Kicks Off Work in Iran October 7th, 2014
Next-Gen Luxury RV From Global Caravan Technologies Will Offer MagicView Roof and Windshield Using SPD-SmartGlass Technology From Research Frontiers: Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer Global Caravan Technologies (GCT) Features 28 Square Feet of MagicView™ SPD-SmartGlass September 17th, 2014
Fonon at Cutting-Edge of 3D Military Printing: Live-Combat Scenarios Could See a Decisive Advantage with 3D Printing September 15th, 2014
Imaging electric charge propagating along microbial nanowires October 20th, 2014
Design of micro and nanoparticles to improve treatments for Alzheimers and Parkinsons: At the Faculty of Pharmacy of the UPV/EHU-University of the Basque Country encapsulation techniques are being developed to deliver correctly and effectively certain drugs October 20th, 2014
Physicists build reversible laser tractor beam October 20th, 2014
Removal of Limitations of Composites at Superheat Temperatures October 20th, 2014
New Nanocomposites Help Elimination of Toxic Dyes October 15th, 2014
Multifunctional Cotton Fabrics Produced in Iran Using Nanotechnology October 2nd, 2014
Teijin Aramid’s carbon nanotube fibers awarded with Paul Schlack prize: New generation super fibers bring wave of innovations to fiber market September 25th, 2014
Excitonic Dark States Shed Light on TMDC Atomic Layers: Berkeley Lab Discovery Holds Promise for Nanoelectronic and Photonic Applications September 11th, 2014