Home > Press > Multi-Functional Trend Defines 21st Century Clothing
Because Just Looking Good Is Superficial
Multi-Functional Trend Defines 21st Century Clothing
OAKLAND, CA | Posted on April 17th, 2007
When it comes to 21st century clothing, one purpose is not enough. Today's consumers want more from their clothes, and the proliferation of dual- and multi-purpose apparel in the marketplace indicates that clothing manufacturers are paying attention.
Today, clothing is so much more than the shirt you wear on your back. Modern apparel has a cause ranging from charitable, with sale proceeds to help fight HIV/AIDS; environmental, through sustainable practices and organic materials; and practical, with treatments to resist spills, fight static and regulate body temperature.
Oakland, California-based Nano-Tex, for example, uses the latest technology to incorporate superior performance characteristics into a wide variety of casual and designers clothing. Renee DeLack Hultin of Nano-Tex commented, "The entire textile industry has made a dramatic shift in the last five years, incorporating enhancements into every area consumers have fabric in their lives from the sheets on their bed to designer men's suits."
* Wrinkle-free dress shirts look good but they trap moisture - until now. JoS. A. Bank keeps their customers cool and comfortable by incorporating Nano-Tex Coolest Comfort technology in their wrinkle-free Traveler Short Sleeve Sport Shirts, which are designed to wick moisture from the skin.
* Can a hoodie really help make a difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa? Gap (PRODUCT) REDTM is out to prove it can. As a global partner of (PRODUCT) RED, Gap is contributing half the profits from Gap (PRODUCT) RED sales to the Global Fund to help women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa.
* Peppermint is said to do everything from energize and relieve mental fatigue to stimulate circulation and sooth dry skin - which makes it a natural workout scent. Recently, Reebok announced their new Reebok® Scented Seamless Short Bra Top which offers a fresh peppermint scent as heat begins to generate during exercise.
* Gone are the days of throwing your tie over your shoulder while eating in an effort to keep it stain-free. Brooks Brothers offers men the option of purchasing 100% silk ties treated with Nano-Tex Resists Spills fabric enhancement. The treatment doesn't change the look or feel of the fabric, but liquids such as red wine and coffee bead up and roll right off.
* Bamboo fabric has a texture similar to silk, is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic, and is quick to absorb moisture. Is it any wonder Dreamsack, a provider of natural apparel and home products made from a variety of fibers including silk, soy and cashmere, recently launched Bamboo Dreams™, a line of loungewear, sleepwear, and yoga wear made from 95% bamboo/5% spandex.
* Lands End new permanent anti-static ThermaCheck fleece for men, woman and children keep static, lint and pet hair at bay. Made with Nano-Tex Resists Static technology, it makes dryer sheets obsolete.
Nano-Tex is a leading fabric innovation company providing nanotechnology-based textile enhancements to the apparel and commercial and residential interiors markets. Nano-Tex is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with operations across the United States, Asia and Europe. To date, more than 80 textile mills worldwide are utilizing Nano-Tex treatments in products sold by more than 100 leading apparel and commercial interior brands. Products with Nano-Tex enhancements are sold throughout North America, Asia and Europe.
For more information, please click here
Lisa Phillips, 415-863-4900 ext. 207
Copyright © Business Wire 2007
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Toronto-based Environmental Technology Pioneer Green Earth Nano Science Expands in EU February 6th, 2015
DELSEY by Philippe Starck DELSEY Launches New Collection by Philippe Starck February 4th, 2015
NEI introduces NANOMYTE® SuperAi, a Durable Anti-ice Coating December 4th, 2014
Biosenta Inc. Updates New Household Disinfectant Testing Results; It Kills 100% of a Broad Range of Deadly Molds, Fungi, Bacteria, and Viruses, Including Ebola and Enterovirus D68 November 20th, 2014
Get ready for NanoDays! March 5th, 2015
American Chemical Society Presidential Symposia: nanoscience, international chemistry March 5th, 2015
CiQUS researchers obtain high-quality perovskites over large areas by a chemical method March 4th, 2015
Arrowhead to Present at 2015 Barclays Global Healthcare Conference March 4th, 2015
Energy-generating cloth could replace batteries in wearable devices March 4th, 2015
Australian startup creates world’s first 100% cotton hydrophobic T-Shirts February 3rd, 2015
Graphene displays clear prospects for flexible electronics February 2nd, 2015
Iranian Scientists Use MOFs to Eliminate Dye Pollutants January 29th, 2015