Home > Press > Detection of Anthrax Lethal Factor by Mass Spectrometry
The Knowledge Foundation announced today announced that Dr. John R. Barr, Chief, Biological Mass Spectrometry Laboratory at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will speak at the 10th Biodetection Technologies Conference to be held in Atlanta, GA from June 14-15, 2007. Dr. Barr's presentation will focus on detecting and quantifying anthrax lethal factor using mass spectrometry based methods developed at the CDC.
Detection of Anthrax Lethal Factor by Mass Spectrometry
BOSTON, MA | Posted on April 9th, 2007
With an emphasis on rapid detection and low-cost identification, Biodetection Technologies is an internationally recognized meeting that provides solutions to the challenges presented by the evolving pattern of complex biological threat agents of various origins. The list of speakers include:
• Alexander N. Asanov, TIRF Technologies, Inc.
• John R. Barr, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Rashid Bashir, Purdue University
• Sergei Bibikov, Bio-Rad Laboratories
• Frank V. Bright, The State University of New York
• Amanda Bulman, Bio-Rad Laboratories
• Sylvie Buteau, Defense Research and Development Canada
• Darrell P. Chandler, Akonni Biosystems Inc.
• Luis M. DaSilva, USAMRIID
• Deyrick Dean, Bio-Rad Laboratories
• Claudia Gärtner, microfluidic ChipShop GmbH
• Brian Hicke, Global Technologies (NZ) Ltd.
• George Hong, Millipore Corporation
• James W. Karaszkiewicz, Goldbelt Raven LLC and JBAIDS Program Office
• Arnold Kell, Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences, NRC Canada
• Peter Kiesel, Palo Alto Research Center
• Kurt J. Langenbach, ATCC/Biodefense & Emerging Infections Research Resources Repository
• Martin A. Lee, Enigma Diagnostics Ltd.
• Kenton L. Lohman, Midwest Research Institute
• Wlodek Mandecki, PharmaSeq, Inc.
• Sudhakar Marla, Nanosphere, Inc.
• Nohra E. Mateus-Pinilla, Illinois Natural History Survey
• Igor L. Medintz, Naval Research Laboratory
• Richard J. Obiso Jr., Luna Innovations, Inc.
• Tammy A. Spain, Pinellas County Utilities Laboratory
• Max Sonnleitner, BioIdent Technologies, Inc.
• Peer F. Stähler, Febit Biotech GmbH
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation is committed to integrating scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing its members with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, The Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of detection technologies, nanotechnology, and alternative energy.
For more information, please click here
The Knowledge Foundation
18 Webster Street
Brookline, MA 02446
Phone: (617) 232-7400
Fax: (617) 232-9171
Director of Marketing
(617) 232-7400 ext. 203
Copyright © The Knowledge Foundation
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
The thunder god vine, assisted by nanotechnology, could shake up future cancer treatment: Targeted therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma using nanotechnology August 27th, 2014
Creation of a Highly Efficient Technique to Develop Low-Friction Materials Which Are Drawing Attention in Association with Energy Issues August 26th, 2014
Competition for Graphene: Berkeley Lab Researchers Demonstrate Ultrafast Charge Transfer in New Family of 2D Semiconductors August 26th, 2014
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators leads to magnificent laser-like light emission August 26th, 2014
Watching Schrödinger's cat die (or come to life): Steering quantum evolution & using probes to conduct continuous error correction in quantum computers July 30th, 2014
Production of Toxic Gas Sensor Based on Nanorods July 28th, 2014
Nano-sized Chip "Sniffs Out" Explosives Far Better than Trained Dogs: TAU researcher's groundbreaking sensor detects miniscule concentrations of hazardous materials in the air July 23rd, 2014
Tiny laser sensor heightens bomb detection sensitivity July 19th, 2014
Wyatt Technology’s 24th International Light Scattering Colloquium to Highlight Developments in Applications and Characterization of Nanoparticles August 21st, 2014
Malvern’s Dr Alan Rawle talks TLAs in plenary lecture at Particulate Systems Analysis conference August 21st, 2014
The International Space Elevator Consortium (ISEC) is proud to announce the 2014 Space Elevator Conference! This annual event will be held at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington from Friday, August 22nd through Sunday, August 24th August 19th, 2014
KaSAM-2014 International Conference (September 7-10, 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal) August 19th, 2014