- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Canon Marketing Japan (President : Haruo Murase) is pleased to announce that it has signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Obducat (CEO : Patrik Lundstrom). The agreement gives CMJ the exclusive rights to sell Obducat's Nano Imprint Lithography equipment in Japan. Canon Marketing Japan will start marketing the equipment from March 1st, 2007 and enter into the new marketplace of nanoimprint equipment.
NIL equipments, by pressing stampers to resist coated on substrates, enable transferring small feature pattern to optical components etc in the nanometer range and realize cost efficient pattern replication compared to existing photolithography equipments.
Nowadays, in line with the miniaturization and multifunctional capability of optical components such as polarizing elements, microlens arrays and LEDs or the density growth in storage devices such as magnetic or optical disks, needs for creating fine patterns to all kinds of substrates is growing. CMJ, having been marketing various equipments, including semiconductor-manufacturing equipments, LCD panel manufacturing equipments and measurement equipments, to the leading-edge industry, will further expand its business in the Industrial area with the new release of the nanoimprint equipment.
Obducat' NIL equipment, utilizes Obducat's proprietary "SoftPressTM " technology, which enables air pressure to be evenly distributed, ensuring a uniform and thin pattern over substrates. In addition, Obducat's "STUTM (Simultaneous Thermal and UVTM)" technology enables simultaneously combined UV and thermal NIL, allowing precise imprint to substrates. The patented "IPS (Intermediate Polymer Stamp)" imprint process enables contamination control and increases the stamp lifetime through a two-step
process where the contact between the master stamp and the hard substrate is avoided.
Instead a process with a soft intermediate stamp is used to transfer the pattern from the master to the substrate.
● Soft Press TM technology : Full area uniform imprint
● STUTM (Simultaneous Thermal and UVTM) technology : Precise pattern transfer
● IPSTM (Intermediate Polymer StampTM) technology : Yield improvement
1. Soft Press Technology™ Full area uniform imprint Realizes uniform imprint by pressing stampers against substrates with air pressure. The use of Soft Press™ ensures parallelism between stamp and substrate, resulting in a thin and uniform residual layer at better than +/- 10 nm and is independent of substrate size shape and waviness.
2. STU™ - Simultaneous Thermal and UV™ Precise pattern transfer Obducat's proprietary STU™ technology enables simultaneously combined UV and thermal NIL, allowing imprint to UV-curable thermoplastic pre-polymers at a constant temperature. The method has been developed in order to overcome problems generating from the difference in thermal expansions between stamps and substrates. The method allows the use of spin-coated UV-curable polymers with a homogeneous thickness distribution on wafer scale, crucial for CD control and enabling pattern transfer to an
3. IPS™ - Intermediate Polymer Stamp™ Yield improvement This IPSTM technology was developed to solve the several concerns pointed out in the method which stampers directly touch substrates. The IPSTM technology enables contamination control, increases the stamp lifetime and avoids breakage, through a twostep process where the contact between the master stamp and the hard substrate is avoided. Instead a process with a soft intermediate stamp is used to transfer the pattern from the master to the substrate.
4. Auto transfer capabilities of substrate and stamper
Imprint under clean environment
Respective pod stages for both substrates and stamps enable to correspond to mini environment method. By using the private robot for auto transfer, risk of breakage during transportation and the contamination risk are alleviated. By equipping ULPA filter within the system, the transportation area of the substrates and stampers can be maintained at a class 10 level clean environment. Controlling contamination with the IPS™ technology and the pod function ensures improving yield.
Obducat is the world-leading supplier of lithography solutions for manufacturing and replication of advanced micro- and nano- scale structures.
Obducat develops and sells lithography solutions for production and replication of advanced micro- and nanostructures for industrial mass production and for research and development. Sales include equipment, stampers, process optimization, and licenses. Obducat also offers Scanning electron microscopes for metrology purposes.
For more information, please click here
P.O. Box 580
201 25 Malmö
Geijersgatan 2A, 216 18 Malmö
Phone: +46 40 362100
Fax: +46 40 362160
Copyright © Obducat ABIf you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
|Related News Press|
The next step in DNA computing: GPS mapping? May 6th, 2015
Attosecond physics: A new gateway to the microcosmos May 6th, 2015
How can you see an atom? (video) April 10th, 2015
FEI Partners With the George Washington University to Equip New Science & Engineering Hall: Suite of new high-performance microscopes will be used for cutting-edge experiments at GW’s new research facility April 29th, 2015