Home > Press > India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India and Croatia have signed a joint declaration for strengthening scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. The declaration was signed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Mr. Kapil Sibal and the Croatian Minister of Science, Education and Sports Mr. Dragan Primorac in Zagreb on February 2, 2007.
India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India & Croatia | Posted on February 3rd, 2007
The joint declaration pursues the Programme of Cooperation in science and technology for the period 2005-08 being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology on the Indian side and Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the Croatian side.
It aims at further expanding and intensifying two way exchanges between the scientific R and D communities of India and Croatia. Following are the highlights of the declaration:
1. The Parties shall further strengthen bilateral cooperation in scientific R and D, by intensifying and developing cooperation in the following fields: environment, oceanography, biotechnology, pharmacology, nanotechnology and shipbuilding.
1. With a view to effectively pursuing the above objective, the Parties agreed to establish a Joint Fund of one million Euros, for which each Party will make an equal contribution. The next meeting of the Joint Committee shall be organized within three months to develop modalities and identify projects under this Fund.
2. Both Parties agreed to work out joint projects for FP7 Programme of EU.
3. Indian Party agreed to the participation of its scientists in peer reviews/evaluations of Croatian national R & D projects. Indian Party will provide to the Croatian Party a list of Indian experts/institutions for this purpose.
4. Both Parties agreed to collaborate in the use of GIS technologies, especially in applications in coastal areas.
5. The Parties shall develop and adopt appropriate plans of action and cooperation, to effectively implement the objectives of this Declaration.
For more information, please click here
Press Information Bureau
Copyright © Press Information Bureau
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Haydale Secures Exclusive Development and Supply Agreement with Tantec A/S: New reactors to be built and commissioned by Tantec A/S represent another step forward towards the commercialisation of graphene October 24th, 2014
QuantumWise guides the semiconductor industry towards the atomic scale October 24th, 2014
Advancing thin film research with nanostructured AZO: Innovnano’s unique and cost-effective AZO sputtering targets for the production of transparent conducting oxides October 23rd, 2014
Strengthening thin-film bonds with ultrafast data collection October 23rd, 2014
Iran-Made Respiratory Nano Masks Provided to Hajj Pilgrims October 23rd, 2014
Japanese gold leaf artists worked on a nano-scale: Study demonstrates X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy is a non-destructive way to date artwork July 3rd, 2014
Harry Potter-style invisibility cloaks: A real possibility next Christmas? Forget socks and shaving foam, the big kids of tomorrow want an invisible cloak for Christmas December 19th, 2013
Chicago Awareness Organization First Not-for-Profit to Sponsor Dog Training to Detect Ovarian Cancer Odorants December 12th, 2013
European Commission opens the gate towards the implementation of Nanomedicine Translation Hub October 16th, 2014
IRLYNX and CEA-Leti to Streamline New CMOS-based Infrared Sensing Modules Dedicated to Human-activities Characterization October 15th, 2014
New VDMA Association "Electronics, Micro and Nano Technologies" founded: Inaugural Meeting in Frankfurt/Main, Germany October 15th, 2014
VDMA photonics steering committee with new members stronger than ever October 14th, 2014
Iranian, Lebanese Researchers Discuss Enhancement of Nano-Science Cooperation May 4th, 2014
FACT SHEET: U.S.-France Cooperation on Science and Technology February 11th, 2014
Different Foreign Countries Display Nanotechnology Products in Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Representatives of D-8 Group Countries Visit Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
NYU Researchers Break Nano Barrier to Engineer the First Protein Microfiber October 23rd, 2014
Nanoparticle technology triples the production of biogas October 23rd, 2014
RF Heating of Magnetic Nanoparticles Improves the Thawing of Cryopreserved Biomaterials October 23rd, 2014
Brookhaven Lab Launches Computational Science Initiative:Leveraging computational science expertise and investments across the Laboratory to tackle "big data" challenges October 22nd, 2014