Home > Press > India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India and Croatia have signed a joint declaration for strengthening scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. The declaration was signed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Mr. Kapil Sibal and the Croatian Minister of Science, Education and Sports Mr. Dragan Primorac in Zagreb on February 2, 2007.
India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India & Croatia | Posted on February 3rd, 2007
The joint declaration pursues the Programme of Cooperation in science and technology for the period 2005-08 being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology on the Indian side and Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the Croatian side.
It aims at further expanding and intensifying two way exchanges between the scientific R and D communities of India and Croatia. Following are the highlights of the declaration:
1. The Parties shall further strengthen bilateral cooperation in scientific R and D, by intensifying and developing cooperation in the following fields: environment, oceanography, biotechnology, pharmacology, nanotechnology and shipbuilding.
1. With a view to effectively pursuing the above objective, the Parties agreed to establish a Joint Fund of one million Euros, for which each Party will make an equal contribution. The next meeting of the Joint Committee shall be organized within three months to develop modalities and identify projects under this Fund.
2. Both Parties agreed to work out joint projects for FP7 Programme of EU.
3. Indian Party agreed to the participation of its scientists in peer reviews/evaluations of Croatian national R & D projects. Indian Party will provide to the Croatian Party a list of Indian experts/institutions for this purpose.
4. Both Parties agreed to collaborate in the use of GIS technologies, especially in applications in coastal areas.
5. The Parties shall develop and adopt appropriate plans of action and cooperation, to effectively implement the objectives of this Declaration.
For more information, please click here
Press Information Bureau
Copyright © Press Information Bureau
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Wyatt Technology’s 24th International Light Scattering Colloquium to Highlight Developments in Applications and Characterization of Nanoparticles August 21st, 2014
Ultra-short pulse lasers & Positioning August 21st, 2014
Malvern’s Dr Alan Rawle talks TLAs in plenary lecture at Particulate Systems Analysis conference August 21st, 2014
Water window imaging opportunity: A new theoretical study elucidates mechanisms that could help in producing coherent radiations, ultimately promoting high-contrast imaging of biological samples August 21st, 2014
Japanese gold leaf artists worked on a nano-scale: Study demonstrates X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy is a non-destructive way to date artwork July 3rd, 2014
Harry Potter-style invisibility cloaks: A real possibility next Christmas? Forget socks and shaving foam, the big kids of tomorrow want an invisible cloak for Christmas December 19th, 2013
Chicago Awareness Organization First Not-for-Profit to Sponsor Dog Training to Detect Ovarian Cancer Odorants December 12th, 2013
ZEISS Microscopes used to create images for Art Exhibit at Midway Airport: Art of Science: Images from the Institute for Genomic Biology October 25th, 2013
Sunblock poses potential hazard to sea life August 20th, 2014
SouthWest NanoTechnologies Appoints Matteson-Ridolfi for U.S. Distribution of its SMW™ Specialty Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes August 13th, 2014
Could hemp nanosheets topple graphene for making the ideal supercapacitor? August 12th, 2014
On the frontiers of cyborg science August 10th, 2014
Iranian, Lebanese Researchers Discuss Enhancement of Nano-Science Cooperation May 4th, 2014
FACT SHEET: U.S.-France Cooperation on Science and Technology February 11th, 2014
Different Foreign Countries Display Nanotechnology Products in Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Representatives of D-8 Group Countries Visit Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Сalculations with Nanoscale Smart Particles August 19th, 2014
Promising Ferroelectric Materials Suffer From Unexpected Electric Polarizations: Brookhaven Lab scientists find surprising locked charge polarizations that impede performance in next-gen materials that could otherwise revolutionize data-driven devices August 18th, 2014
Nano Bonds Increase Raw Strength of Fireproof Concretes August 18th, 2014
Production of Toxic Ion Nanosorbents with High Sorption Capacity in Iran August 17th, 2014