Home > Press > India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India and Croatia have signed a joint declaration for strengthening scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. The declaration was signed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Mr. Kapil Sibal and the Croatian Minister of Science, Education and Sports Mr. Dragan Primorac in Zagreb on February 2, 2007.
India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India & Croatia | Posted on February 3rd, 2007
The joint declaration pursues the Programme of Cooperation in science and technology for the period 2005-08 being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology on the Indian side and Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the Croatian side.
It aims at further expanding and intensifying two way exchanges between the scientific R and D communities of India and Croatia. Following are the highlights of the declaration:
1. The Parties shall further strengthen bilateral cooperation in scientific R and D, by intensifying and developing cooperation in the following fields: environment, oceanography, biotechnology, pharmacology, nanotechnology and shipbuilding.
1. With a view to effectively pursuing the above objective, the Parties agreed to establish a Joint Fund of one million Euros, for which each Party will make an equal contribution. The next meeting of the Joint Committee shall be organized within three months to develop modalities and identify projects under this Fund.
2. Both Parties agreed to work out joint projects for FP7 Programme of EU.
3. Indian Party agreed to the participation of its scientists in peer reviews/evaluations of Croatian national R & D projects. Indian Party will provide to the Croatian Party a list of Indian experts/institutions for this purpose.
4. Both Parties agreed to collaborate in the use of GIS technologies, especially in applications in coastal areas.
5. The Parties shall develop and adopt appropriate plans of action and cooperation, to effectively implement the objectives of this Declaration.
For more information, please click here
Press Information Bureau
Copyright © Press Information Bureau
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Can material rivaling graphene be mined out of rocks? Yes, if... March 12th, 2014
Iran Unveils 2 New Nano Drugs for Curing Leishmaniasis, Inflammatory Diseases March 12th, 2014
Iran Produces Self-Cleaning Coatings for Textile Industries March 12th, 2014
Detecting Bioterrorism: Is Chemistry Enough? Los Alamos scientist addresses bioaerosol risks and detection March 12th, 2014
Harry Potter-style invisibility cloaks: A real possibility next Christmas? Forget socks and shaving foam, the big kids of tomorrow want an invisible cloak for Christmas December 19th, 2013
Chicago Awareness Organization First Not-for-Profit to Sponsor Dog Training to Detect Ovarian Cancer Odorants December 12th, 2013
ZEISS Microscopes used to create images for Art Exhibit at Midway Airport: Art of Science: Images from the Institute for Genomic Biology October 25th, 2013
New potential for touch screens found at your fingertips September 17th, 2013
Cypress’s TrueTouch® Touchscreen Controllers Compatible with Cima NanoTech’s SANTE® Silver Nanoparticle-Based Touch Sensors: Supporting Designs for Advanced Touch Applications March 5th, 2014
New partnership between Malvern Instruments and RheoSense brings m-VROCi to industrial markets February 28th, 2014
"Photonics Congress 2014": opportunities and risks from globalisation and new social processes of innovation February 25th, 2014
Elon Musk Wins National Space Society Robert A. Heinlein Award February 22nd, 2014
FACT SHEET: U.S.-France Cooperation on Science and Technology February 11th, 2014
Different Foreign Countries Display Nanotechnology Products in Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Representatives of D-8 Group Countries Visit Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Partnerships in nanotech, stem-cell research pondered May 7th, 2013
Surface Characteristics Influence Cellular Growth on Semiconductor Material March 12th, 2014
Scientists build thinnest-possible LEDs to be stronger, more energy efficient March 10th, 2014
Optimum Stable Conditions Achieved for Growth of Semiconducting Nanostructures on Metals March 5th, 2014
UC research tests which nano system works best in killing cancer cells: New UC research to be presented this week tested four iron-oxide nanoparticle systems to see which, when heated, would likely work best as a tool for targeting cancer cells March 4th, 2014