Home > Press > India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India and Croatia have signed a joint declaration for strengthening scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. The declaration was signed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Mr. Kapil Sibal and the Croatian Minister of Science, Education and Sports Mr. Dragan Primorac in Zagreb on February 2, 2007.
India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India & Croatia | Posted on February 3rd, 2007
The joint declaration pursues the Programme of Cooperation in science and technology for the period 2005-08 being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology on the Indian side and Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the Croatian side.
It aims at further expanding and intensifying two way exchanges between the scientific R and D communities of India and Croatia. Following are the highlights of the declaration:
1. The Parties shall further strengthen bilateral cooperation in scientific R and D, by intensifying and developing cooperation in the following fields: environment, oceanography, biotechnology, pharmacology, nanotechnology and shipbuilding.
1. With a view to effectively pursuing the above objective, the Parties agreed to establish a Joint Fund of one million Euros, for which each Party will make an equal contribution. The next meeting of the Joint Committee shall be organized within three months to develop modalities and identify projects under this Fund.
2. Both Parties agreed to work out joint projects for FP7 Programme of EU.
3. Indian Party agreed to the participation of its scientists in peer reviews/evaluations of Croatian national R & D projects. Indian Party will provide to the Croatian Party a list of Indian experts/institutions for this purpose.
4. Both Parties agreed to collaborate in the use of GIS technologies, especially in applications in coastal areas.
5. The Parties shall develop and adopt appropriate plans of action and cooperation, to effectively implement the objectives of this Declaration.
For more information, please click here
Press Information Bureau
Copyright © Press Information Bureau
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
CWRU engineering researchers report nanoscale energy-efficient switching devices at IEDM 2013 December 9th, 2013
Leica SR GSD 3D Super-Resolution Microscope Voted Among Top 10 Innovations 2013 for Laboratories and Research: The Scientist Magazine Chooses Super-Resolution Microscope from Leica Microsystems as one of the Year's Best Innovations for the Second Time December 9th, 2013
Scientists scale terahertz peaks in nanotubes: Rice U. researchers find plasmonic root of terahertz signals in some carbon nanotubes December 9th, 2013
Squeezing transistors really hard generates energy savings December 9th, 2013
ZEISS Microscopes used to create images for Art Exhibit at Midway Airport: Art of Science: Images from the Institute for Genomic Biology October 25th, 2013
New potential for touch screens found at your fingertips September 17th, 2013
Spectroscopy of Microscopic Features of Very Large Samples-The Solution From CRAIC Technologies August 28th, 2013
Making a Mini Mona Lisa: Nanotechnique creates image 30 microns in width August 5th, 2013
Cutting Away at the NRC's Research Capability December 6th, 2013
Dissolving electronics, energy: Kavli lectures at American Chemical Society meeting December 5th, 2013
Applied Nanotech Receives Contract From the Northeast Gas Association to Develop Methane Sensor December 4th, 2013
Turning waste into power with bacteria — and loofahs December 4th, 2013
Different Foreign Countries Display Nanotechnology Products in Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Representatives of D-8 Group Countries Visit Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Partnerships in nanotech, stem-cell research pondered May 7th, 2013
3rd Thailand-Korea Nanobiotechnology Joint Research Meeting opens March 31st, 2013
Electrical control of single atom magnets December 9th, 2013
Recycled Plastic Proves Effective in Killing Drug-Resistant Fungi: IBN and IBM discover new medical application for converted PET bottles December 9th, 2013
CEA-Leti Signs Agreement with Qualcomm To Assess Sequential 3D Technology December 9th, 2013
Leti Presentation at IEDM 2013 Will Report Phase-Change Memory Developments for Microcontroller Embedded Applications December 7th, 2013