Home > Press > India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India and Croatia have signed a joint declaration for strengthening scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. The declaration was signed by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Mr. Kapil Sibal and the Croatian Minister of Science, Education and Sports Mr. Dragan Primorac in Zagreb on February 2, 2007.
India - Croatia joint declaration for strengthening cooperation in science & technology
India & Croatia | Posted on February 3rd, 2007
The joint declaration pursues the Programme of Cooperation in science and technology for the period 2005-08 being implemented by the Department of Science & Technology on the Indian side and Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the Croatian side.
It aims at further expanding and intensifying two way exchanges between the scientific R and D communities of India and Croatia. Following are the highlights of the declaration:
1. The Parties shall further strengthen bilateral cooperation in scientific R and D, by intensifying and developing cooperation in the following fields: environment, oceanography, biotechnology, pharmacology, nanotechnology and shipbuilding.
1. With a view to effectively pursuing the above objective, the Parties agreed to establish a Joint Fund of one million Euros, for which each Party will make an equal contribution. The next meeting of the Joint Committee shall be organized within three months to develop modalities and identify projects under this Fund.
2. Both Parties agreed to work out joint projects for FP7 Programme of EU.
3. Indian Party agreed to the participation of its scientists in peer reviews/evaluations of Croatian national R & D projects. Indian Party will provide to the Croatian Party a list of Indian experts/institutions for this purpose.
4. Both Parties agreed to collaborate in the use of GIS technologies, especially in applications in coastal areas.
5. The Parties shall develop and adopt appropriate plans of action and cooperation, to effectively implement the objectives of this Declaration.
For more information, please click here
Press Information Bureau
Copyright © Press Information Bureau
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
More effective kidney stone treatment, from the macroscopic to the nanoscale April 17th, 2014
High-temperature plasmonics eyed for solar, computer innovation April 17th, 2014
INSCX™ exchange to present Exchange trade reporting mechanism for engineered nanomaterials (NMs) to UK regulation agencies, insurers and upstream/downstream users April 17th, 2014
Transparent Conductive Films and Sensors Are Hot Segments in Printed Electronics: Start-ups in these fields show above-average momentum, while companies working on emissive displays such as OLED are fading, Lux Research says April 17th, 2014
Harry Potter-style invisibility cloaks: A real possibility next Christmas? Forget socks and shaving foam, the big kids of tomorrow want an invisible cloak for Christmas December 19th, 2013
Chicago Awareness Organization First Not-for-Profit to Sponsor Dog Training to Detect Ovarian Cancer Odorants December 12th, 2013
ZEISS Microscopes used to create images for Art Exhibit at Midway Airport: Art of Science: Images from the Institute for Genomic Biology October 25th, 2013
New potential for touch screens found at your fingertips September 17th, 2013
Virus structure inspires novel understanding of onion-like carbon nanoparticles April 10th, 2014
Peer Reviewed and Approved for Science by the the Washington Academy of Sciences April 3rd, 2014
New JEOL-Nikon MiXcroscopy Correlative Imaging Solution March 27th, 2014
Quantum Dots Take Center Stage at Inaugural Event: QD Vision Co-Founder and CTO Dr. Seth Coe-Sullivan to Chair First Quantum Dots Forum, March 26, 2014, San Diego, CA March 25th, 2014
FACT SHEET: U.S.-France Cooperation on Science and Technology February 11th, 2014
Different Foreign Countries Display Nanotechnology Products in Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Representatives of D-8 Group Countries Visit Iran Nano 2013 October 14th, 2013
Partnerships in nanotech, stem-cell research pondered May 7th, 2013
Novel stapled peptide nanoparticle combination prevents RSV infection, study finds April 17th, 2014
Scientists Capture Ultrafast Snapshots of Light-Driven Superconductivity: X-rays reveal how rapidly vanishing 'charge stripes' may be behind laser-induced high-temperature superconductivity April 16th, 2014
Scalable CVD process for making 2-D molybdenum diselenide: Rice, NTU scientists unveil CVD production for coveted 2-D semiconductor April 8th, 2014
Carbon nanotubes grow in combustion flames April 1st, 2014