Home > Press > European and Indian nanoexperts want collaborations
EuroIndiaNet workshop proceedings online
European and Indian nanoexperts want collaborations on training and with industry
Posted on November 3, 2006
The EuroIndiaNet workshop proceedings summarise the discussions that took place at the European project workshop held in Porto, Portugal and can be accessed online at www.euroindianet.info.
This workshop aimed to initiate an important step in stimulating EU-India nanotechnology collaborations. The ultimate goal is to set up an EU-India Nanotechnology Collaboration Platform. The project is laying the basis for this platform in the project deliverables.
The workshop provided an opportunity to discuss the ways in which Europe and India may collaborate in nanotechnology and initiated the development of the Platform strategy including its mission, Partnership, focus areas of collaboration, activities, funding and future development. Interested parties are invited to send comments and expressions of interest in joining the platform.
This FP6-funded project aims to promote innovation in nanotechnology through stronger collaboration between EU and Indian scientists and industrialists in the areas of nanosciences and nanotechnologies. It will do so by providing:
- a comprehensive description of current policies, funding strategies, training programmes and support structures for nanotechnology R&D in India and the EU;
- a report and online database describing key infrastructure and organizations in nanotechnology R&D;
- a message forum for establishing and developing collaborations;
- a workshop where key stakeholders will determine routes to establishing stronger collaboration between EU and Indian scientists;
- a strategy for the development of a cross-border Technology Platform encompassing research, industry and government.
For more information, please click here
Dr Rachel Newton
Copyright © EuroIndiaNet
If you have a comment, please Contact us.
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Nano-supercapacitors for electric cars July 25th, 2014
New imaging agent provides better picture of the gut July 25th, 2014
Breakthrough laser experiment reveals liquid-like motion of atoms in an ultra-cold cluster: University of Leicester research team unlocks insights into creation of new nano-materials July 25th, 2014
Scientists Test Nanoparticle "Alarm Clock" to Awaken Immune Systems Put to Sleep by Cancer July 25th, 2014