Home > Press > Xerox Nanotechnology in Canadian Industry Award
For most outstanding technological innovation and corporate leadership in the application of nanotechnology in a product or process
Xerox Award for Development & Application of Nanotechnology in Canadian Industry
Posted on May 24, 2006
The Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance, on behalf of the CATAAlliance, is pleased to announce the Xerox Award for Development & Application of Nanotechnology in Canadian Industry.
Details are as follows:
- Eligibility: For Canadian Advanced technology enterprises, academia and government in the nanotechnology sector
- Review Process: Conducted by Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), potential for collaboration and global profile
- Respond by: June 1, 2006
- Submissions: Submit Nanotechnology nominations to the Xerox Research Centre of Canada by email to Alice Debroy (email@example.com)
Phone: (613) 236-6550
This is a new award being offered for the most outstanding technological innovation and corporate leadership in the application of nanotechnology in a product or process - leadership that has significantly expanded the frontiers of Canada's nanotechnology industry. The Award Selection Committee is made up of members of the staff of Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC). The purpose of the Award is to advance innovation and entrepreneurship in nanotechnology development and commercialization in Canada.
In judging the nominees, the XRCC Selection Committee is looking for corporate leadership (or significant potential) in the application of nanotechnology to products or corporate leadership in expanding the frontiers of Canada’s Nanotechnology Industry by developing advanced nanotechnology products and/or nanotechnology-based processes for making products. Extra consideration will be given:
- To companies that can demonstrate international acceptance of significant world-class nanotechnology products
- To companies that can demonstrate the establishment and development of a major nanotechnology-based effort within an already established company in Canada with products, based on nanotechnology, in the market or ready to be launched
- To companies that have arisen in the field of nanotechnology and have product in the market.
- To leadership in promoting the nanotechnology industry in Canada
Please submit a written resume (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of the nominee company's accomplishments with specific reference to:
- The technological innovation behind the use of nanotechnology
- The business application of the nanotechnology innovation
- Notable Achievements in international recognition
- Corporate mentorship in spreading nanotechnology expertise to other firms.
The XRCC Selection Committee will review information from all submissions, to determine the Award winner and potential for collaboration with all candidates.
Celebrate the Winners!
The Xerox Award for Development & Application of Nanotechnology in Canadian Industry will be presented at the June 20th Annual Gala Dinner of the Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance, Canada’s largest high-tech organization, which has spent 30 years helping its members grow their businesses around the world.
About Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC):
Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC) is widely acknowledged to have created the first globally-adopted product based on nanotechnology. Details of the XRCC triumph can be found here.
About The Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance:
The Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance (CNBA) is involved in developing major nanotechnology initiatives throughout the world. With an extensive network of nanotechnology leaders in business, science, finance and politics, the CNBA offers leadership and know-how for establishing commercial-oriented nanotechnology programs. With its headquarters in Canada, CNBA is committed to establishing nanotechnology activity in Canada and promoting Canadian capabilities worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.nanobusiness.ca
Neil Gordon P.Eng, MBA
President, Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance
407 St. Laurent Boulevard, Suite 500
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2Y 2Y5
Tel: (514) 351-7878 ext 299
Cell: (514) 813-7936
Fax: (514) 351-7545
Dr. Uri Sagman, MD, FRCP(C)
Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance
446 Spadina Road, Suite 310
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5P 3M2
Copyright © CNBA
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Nanometrics Announces Upcoming Investor Events November 19th, 2014
Eight19 secures £1m funding: Investment to develop production technology, and expand commercial activities for organic photovoltaics November 19th, 2014
Arrowhead to Present at Upcoming Conferences November 15th, 2014
Harris & Harris Group Reports Financial Statements as of September 30, 2014 November 11th, 2014
Research reveals how our bodies keep unwelcome visitors out of cell nuclei November 24th, 2014
ASU, IBM move ultrafast, low-cost DNA sequencing technology a step closer to reality November 24th, 2014
An Inside Job: UC-Designed Nanoparticles Infiltrate, Kill Cancer Cells From Within November 24th, 2014
Cooling with the coldest matter in the world November 24th, 2014