Home > Press > Hands-on NanoBio Fluidic Mems Workshop
Explore cutting-edge nanotechnology
Hands-on NanoBio Fluidic Mems Workshop
Posted on May 12, 2006
Georgia Institute of Technology will explore the cutting-edge of nanotechnology in its Hands-On NanoBio Fluidic MEMS Workshop on June 26-29 in Atlanta.
Learn how small small really is. Gain hands-on biosensor fabrication experience. Build the needed foundation to design, fabricate, test, and implement next-generation biosensors.
The workshop features Georgia Tech experts and industry professionals including:
- Gary W. Hunter is the technical lead for the Chemical Species Gas Sensors Team and lead for Intelligent System Hardware in the Sensors and Electronics Branch at the NASA Glenn Research Center.
- Zhong Lin Wang, Georgia Tech's Regents' Professor in the School of Material Science and Engineering and director of the Center for Nanostructure Characterization and Fabrication, is interested in the synthesis and properties of nanowire and nanotube materials; synthesis and characterization of photonic crystals; self-assembly of magnetic nanocrystals; and semiconductor quantum dots and wires.
The workshop is designed for scientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, technical managers, professors, post-doctorate researchers, and graduate and senior students.
Course fees include:
- Professionals: Hands-on labs: $1,995; lecture only: $1,250
- Students: Hands-on labs: $950; lecture only: $350
To learn more about the workshop, visit www.dlpe.gatech.edu/nanobio or contact Jennifer Wooley, assistant director of client marketing, at 404-385-7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about nanotechnology, contact course administrators:
- Peter Hesketh, professor and director of the MEMS Group in the School of Mechanical Engineering, at 404-385-1358 or Peter.email@example.com
- Ravi Doraiswami, manager of Georgia Tech's mechanical engineering clean room, at 404-385-4160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Georgia Tech?
Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the Southeast's leading providers for professional education as well as one of the nation's premiere research universities. Ranked ninth among public universities by U.S. News & World Report, Tech's graduate programs are ranked No. 4. Georgia's Tech goal is to shape futures through innovation and hands-on training - the futures of our students, our community, our nation and the world.
For more information, please click here.
Copyright © Georgia Tech
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Carbyne morphs when stretched: Rice University calculations show carbon-atom chain would go metal to semiconductor July 21st, 2014
Leti to Present Technological Platforms Targeting Industry’s Needs for the Future at Semicon West Workshop: Presentation at STS Session to Focus on Leti Advanced Lithography Programs for 1x Nodes and on Silicon Photonics at TechXPot June 25th, 2014
Mirrorcle Technologies Opens New Company Headquarters May 27th, 2014
Ziptronix and EV Group Demonstrate Submicron Accuracies for Wafer-to-Wafer Hybrid Bonding: Enables Fine-Pitch Connections for 3D Applications, Including Image Sensors, Memory and 3D SoCs May 27th, 2014
Researchers create vaccine for dust-mite allergies Main Page Content: Vaccine reduced lung inflammation to allergens in lab and animal tests July 22nd, 2014
NIST shows ultrasonically propelled nanorods spin dizzyingly fast July 22nd, 2014
SentiMag® Now Available in Australia and New Zealand July 21st, 2014
More than glitter: Scientists explain how gold nanoparticles easily penetrate cells, making them useful for delivering drugs July 21st, 2014
Silicene Labs Announces the Launch of Patent-Pending, 2D Materials Composite Index™ : The Initial 2D Materials Composite Index™ for Q2 2014 Is: 857.3; Founders Include World-Renowned Physicist and Seasoned Business and IP Professionals July 24th, 2014
Iranian Scientists Produce Transparent Nanocomposite Coatings with Longer Lifetime July 24th, 2014
Deadline Announced for Registration in 7th Int'l Nanotechnology Festival in Iran July 23rd, 2014
A Crystal Wedding in the Nanocosmos July 23rd, 2014