Home > Press > Lux Executive Summit announces agenda
“Commercializing Nanotechnology” serves as focal point of 2006 Lux Executive Summit on October 16-17
Lux Executive Summit announces agenda for nanotechnology’s most exclusive gathering
New York, NY | Posted on May 03, 2006
Lux Research, the world’s leading research and advisory firm for nanotechnology, today announced the agenda for its second annual Lux Executive Summit: Commercializing Nanotechnology, to be held on October 16-17, 2006 at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
“Nanotechnology is moving from laboratory curiosity to product differentiator in industries ranging from pharmaceuticals to construction materials,” said Lux Research CEO Peter Hebert. “The Lux Executive Summit is the world’s premier event for senior corporate executives and investment managers to uncover opportunities in this dynamic field, informed by Lux Research’s proprietary frameworks, data, and case studies. Through presentations, panel discussions, and networking, the 2006 Summit will provide even more insight and business value than last year’s inaugural event.”
Across 33 sessions with more than 50 speakers and panelists – including industry-specific breakouts for manufacturing, electronics, and life sciences – the 2006 Lux Executive Summit will address these topics:
- The status and outlook of nanotech commercialization
- Adding value to products through nanotechnology
- Building internal support for a corporate nanotech strategy
- Taking nano-enabled products from lab to market
- Making nanotech partnerships work
- After the exit: Lessons learned from nanotech start-ups taken full-cycle
- Using nanotechnology to shift competitive dynamics
- How to evaluate a nanotech start-up
- Mastering nanotech innovation
- Sparking nanotech innovation: Conversations with leading scientists
- Nanotech commercialization in action: Profiles of leading start-ups
- Taking nanotechnology to the shelf
- To brand or not to brand nano: Addressing consumer perceptions
- Addressing nanotech environmental, health, and safety risks proactively
Attendees and speakers at the previous year’s Lux Executive Summit included CEOs of publicly traded and private companies, venture capitalists and portfolio managers, scientific pioneers, and top policymakers. Organizations represented ranged from Johnson & Johnson to Credit Suisse to Intel.
In addition to exclusive presentations from Lux Research’s world-renowned analyst team, the 2006 Lux Executive Summit features leading decision makers, influencers and power brokers, including:
- George Scalise – President, Semiconductor Industry Association
- Thomas Theis – Director, Physical Sciences, IBM Research
- Darlene Solomon – Vice President and Director, Agilent Laboratories
- Robert Kumpf – Vice President of Future Business, Bayer
- Kenneth Morse – Managing Director, MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- George Poste – Chairman, The Biodesign Institute at Arizona State
- Jason Pontin – Editor-in-Chief, Technology Review
- William Sahlman – Professor, Harvard Business School
A full list of speakers and panelists will be announced shortly. For early registration and additional event details, please visit www.luxexecutivesummit.com. For more information on speaker and sponsorship opportunities, contact Lux Research Vice President Rob Burns (email@example.com).
Attendees at last year’s Lux Executive Summit praised the event:
“The Lux Executive Summit provides executives with unique insights into nanotechnology – and thus helps shape their development of successful business and product strategies.”
Norbert G. Riedel, Chief Scientific Officer, Baxter International Inc.
“There’s no better place to connect with the decision-makers who are committing dollars to nanotech. The Lux Executive Summit is the gathering place for nanotechnology's thought leaders.”
Stephen B. Maebius, Partner and Leader of Nanotechnology Industry Team, Foley & Lardner LLP
The Lux Executive Summit is the only event designed to provide corporate executives and investment managers with the knowledge and insights required to create a visionary nanotechnology strategy. The event is grounded by the proprietary data and analysis from Lux Research’s world-renowned analyst team, joined onstage by more than 50 speakers from large corporations, innovative start-ups, forward-thinking investment management firms, and the public sector. The full agenda and confirmed speakers for the 2006 Lux Executive Summit will be released in the coming months. Capacity is limited at this premier event; additional details are available online at www.luxexecutivesummit.com.
About Lux Research:
Lux Research is the world’s leading nanotechnology research and advisory firm. We help our clients make better decisions to profit from nanoscale science and technology, tapping into our analysts’ unique expertise and unrivaled network. Our clients include top decision makers at large corporations, portfolio managers and analysts at leading financial institutions, CEOs of the most innovative start-ups, and visionary public policy makers.
For more information, please click here.
Lux Research Inc.
Copyright © Lux Research
If you have a comment, please Contact
Issuers of news releases, not 7th Wave, Inc. or Nanotechnology Now, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
Measuring the Smallest Magnets July 28th, 2014
WITec to host the 11th Confocal Raman Imaging Symposium from September 29th - October 1st in Ulm, Germany July 28th, 2014
FEI adds Phase Plate Technology and Titan Halo TEM to its Structural Biology Product Portfolio: New solutions provide the high-quality imaging and contrast necessary to analyze the 3D structure of molecules and molecular complexes July 28th, 2014
Production of Toxic Gas Sensor Based on Nanorods July 28th, 2014