Home > News > Old Company Press Releases > Nanomat News
Nanomat To Spin-off Nanova, LLC, And Hires New CEO
Pittsburgh, Pa. July 31st, 2002
Medardo Monzon has been appointed CEO of
Nanova, LLC, a spin-off company of Nanomat, Inc., a growing nanomaterials
and technology firm based in Western Pennsylvania.
Mr. Monzon will assume his new post in early August 2002. He
formerly worked at International Paper where he was General Manager for
the company's Specialty Packaging business based in Kaukauna, Wis.
"Nanova will be the first large-scale manufacturing facility worldwide to
produce NanoTalc(TM) and NanoCalc(TM), products originally developed in our
laboratories," said Srikanth Raghunathan, President of Nanomat, Inc. "We
are among the first who have commercially produced nanomaterials that can
be used to improve products in today's marketplace, especially those from
the paper, plastics, paint, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries."
Shree Kumar, Nanomat's Vice President, indicated that initially they
plan to hire 20 Nanova staff members, consisting primarily of chemists,
process engineers and line operators. "In the future, we envision a
200,000-square-foot Nanova facility that will provide upwards of 100-200
new jobs," she said.
For the present, Nanova will be headquartered at Nanomat's
35,000-square-foot production facility in North Huntingdon, Pa. Nanomat
has already been approached by a number of investors and strategic
partners who are interested in investments, partnerships and strategic
For more information, see also this story Nanomat builds on ground floor of molecular manufacturing
For more information on Nanomat products and services:
call or write Nanomat at 1061 Main Street,
North Huntingdon, Pa. 15642-7425. Phone 724-861-6120. Fax
Founded in 1995, Nanomat is a leading manufacturer of nanomaterials, powders, and technologies, primarily for research, education and government sectors. The firm is one of a few companies worldwide to commercialize nanopowders for large-scale applications. Nanomat's personnel and consultants are extremely knowledgeable in
materials science and technology, including the synthesis and processing of nanocrystalline refractory materials used for civilian and defense applications. They have published more than 200 papers in archival journals, and Nanomat's employee-roster includes a veritable "Who's Who" in Science and Engineering.
Here is an overview of some nanomaterial applications and product
Reprinted with premission. Copyright Nanomat.
- Plastics with higher strength and stiffness, and better thermal and creep resistance
- Paper with higher opacity, and better gloss and print quality
- Pigments with better gloss, smoother surfaces and improved resistance to water and cracking
- Next generation computer chips, microprocessors, and data storage systems
- Low-cost flat-panel displays
- Low-power phosphors for conventional CRTs, detectors, and other display devices
- More durable, highly functional aerospace components and weapons systems
- High-energy density batteries and fuel cells
- Chemo-mechanical polishing (CMP) and abrasive slurries for precision finishing
- More durable, biocompatible biomaterials
- High-power magnetic devices
If you have a comment, please