- About Us
- Career Center
- Nano-Social Network
- Nano Consulting
- My Account
Last month saw the launch of the NanoKTN's UK Nanotechnology Directory 2012. Now in its third edition, the annual directory is the definite guide to the UK's world-class micro and nanotechnology (MNT) sector, featuring over 500 organisations active in nanotechnology and the associated supply chains in the UK.
October 22nd, 2012
The NanoKTN's UK Nanotechnology Directory 2012
Launched for the first time back in 2010, the UK Nanotechnology Directory is available for free to anyone working within the MNT industry and provides users with information about businesses, manufacturing, R&D facilities and services available in the UK.
In addition to providing an up to date snapshot of the current players in the MNT industry, one of the key benefits of the UK Nanotechnology Directory is that it offers nanotechnology stakeholders the ability to identify possible collaborative partners with specific expertise and technology. Nanotechnology has been defined as one of the key emerging technologies which will provide wealth opportunities for the future of the UK. Creating the right partnerships and collaborations is vital for completing any gaps in the supply chain and the UK Nanotechnology directory can help users identify suitable partnerships for collaboration work for the commercialisation of micro and nanotechnology products and services.
The UK Nanotechnology Directory will also be used to promote the expertise of UK nanotechnology businesses to a national and international audience, to ensure competitors and potential partners and investors are aware of the UK's expertise and strength, to lower entry barriers and drive the widespread market development and exploitation of these technologies to build a prosperous, world-class MNT sector in the UK.
The Directory follows the NanoKTN's core activities, with sections on the following themes:
• Healthcare and Life Sciences
• Engineering Applications
• Chemical and Consumer Products
• Metrology, Instrumentation and Standards.
Individuals and organisations that work in the UK MNT sector can request a free copy of the UK Nanotechnology Directory by emailing .
All NanoKTN members receive a full listing in the Directory and a free copy sent automatically. Membership to the NanoKTN is free and continues to grow at a rapid pace with new members joining each month, and benefitting from the organisation's broad range of benefits and services to support the exploitation and commercialisation of nanotechnologies.
The NanoKTN encourages all those interested in the applications of nanoscale technologies to join online today for free at www.nanoktn.com.
Other NanoKTN member benefits include:
• Free attendance or privileged member rates at NanoKTN events, including discounts on attending and exhibiting at events supported by the NanoKTN.
• Networking at a number of NanoKTN events, including a facilitated partnering service at many events, which allows delegates to pre-book meetings with other delegates.
• Access to members' only areas of the website which includes event presentations and reports, cutting-edge collaborative tools, facilities and rapid access to follow-up support services. Blogs can also be written in member's own personal areas to promote their products and services.
• Access to specialist Focus Groups. The NanoKTN focus groups have been built around the NanoKTN's themes to engage with as many potential stakeholders as possible and act as a three way communication channel between industry, academia, and funding authorities. The groups aim to identify the gaps in the supply chain as well as indentifying the UK's potential in innovation. This information is reported back to the Technology Strategy Board and also provides leverage for channelling Government funds into specific areas of need.
• Brokerage and Partnering. The NanoKTN uses its extensive database of contacts and members to locate a suitable match for your particular technology, service or product requirement.
The NanoKTN also supports its members to identify and source funding for technology research, development and demonstration and access to events to enable them to promote their capabilities, facilities, products and services to a national and international audience.
For further information on the NanoKTN and to register for free, please visit: www.nanoktn.com.
Any NanoKTN member organisation not already listed in the UK Nanotechnology Directory is encouraged to register their details for the 2013 edition by visiting the online directory at http://www.thedirectory.eu.com .